Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#221497 - 02/13/07 01:43 AM Re: "Hello, Pizza Hut? I want..." [Re: Babydoll]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Yep, we are all to blame, they why worry your little head?

The whole "we are all to blame" game is so redundant.

I sound a bit rude, and I do apologize if I do. It is just I get hammered by friends and acquaintances with this kind of rubbish and I get bit annoyed.

If you feel the need to take action, do so. I will be at home draining the world of its delicious electricity and water.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#221498 - 02/13/07 01:55 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Babydoll]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
You seem to be missing a VERY important point:

Satanism doesn't have opinions. SATANISTS have opinions. Satanism is a philosophy which Satanists use to form their opinions.

Mother Nature knows what she is doing. If the universe wants (I use the word "wants" very loosely. The universe does not want, it simply does) to heat up Earth, you are certainly not going to stop it. I am very sorry for the suffering of all those innocent animals, and I do what I can to alleviate the suffering when I can. However, life will never exist without suffering.

#221499 - 02/13/07 02:09 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Babydoll]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I just want to quickly thank you for asking a polite informed question both respectfully and intelligently.

I'm a slow reader so I haven't gotten through half of your links but wanted to quickly add this comment... You get the feeling this has been asked before? Other folks here have captured my gut reaction. Just to elaborate a touch....

I feel a personal strong advocacy for domestic pets. I can't stand their mistreatment or abuse of any kind. I contribute and read constantly about groups and actions I can take that would further the ability of these groups to help our four legged friends. I actually never considered the CoS's stance on this before I did it.

I would never apologize for my passions. If you feel strongly about a stance, whatever it may be, find ways to empower it yourself. Very good. Very good feeling. Sometimes they even send you Christmas cards in thanks. If your inclinations are not in line with the CoS then that will perhaps answer questions as well.

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#221500 - 02/13/07 02:13 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Discipline]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Quote:

The issue of global warming being the byproduct of humans or just a natural occurrence is still debatable to at least the dedicated and reasonable scientific field.

Do you have a reference for this? I am very interested.

Quote:

Why will take responsibility of humanity onto your shoulders? Is it really your fault? The whole take the pain of the world as your burden is the same junk that activists use to banish those not seeking a good guy badge.

I was more leaning towards taking more responsiblity in future for ourselves, our individual impact on the environment and all the animals that have to die when we bulldoze the forests for estates.

Quote:

Do you think that new technology could actually improve the planet, human life, and animal welfare? Or is technology and human advancement detrimental at all times

Yes, and no. I think the decrease in CO2 emissions would allow the planet to fix itself to some extent (hole in the ozone layer, or the rapid climate changes for example). And the development of greener technology would help ensure preservation of life for the future. As for animal welfare, the laws need to change first.

Quote:

I also have this thing about saving the Earth. Would the Earth save you? Nope, it would not. Has the Earth survived worse than us? Yep, thousands of times.

It's hard to not feel empathy when you know that our species has wiped out thousands of others, especially when we have the intelligence to know its happening. And that what you and I do every day IS contributing. I have studied evolution, and I know the planet wouldn't save ME

I can appreciate the angle that you're coming from, but I don't expect anyone here to take responsiblity for anyone other than themselves. You didn't miss my point I don't think. My point was that as Satanists our lifestyles would contribute more to the demise of the planet that someone living a very simple life, so should we, who claim responsibility, take more individual action to make up for our higher environmental impact?

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221501 - 02/13/07 02:14 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Babydoll]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
Here is the Satanic stance on global warming:

If it concerns you that much, do something about it. Preferably something other than imposing your self-righteousness on others.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#221502 - 02/13/07 02:18 AM Re: "Hello, Pizza Hut? I want..." [Re: Discipline]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Yep, we are all to blame, they why worry your little head?

Because it seems people don't take enough responsibility for the impact they have. Everyone's doing it so its ok..

Quote:

If you feel the need to take action, do so. I will be at home draining the world of its delicious electricity and water.

And herein lies the solution. I WILL feel better if I plant some more trees, so I'll do just that

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221503 - 02/13/07 02:23 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Babydoll]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Does that mean that you recycle?

Are you insane? Don't you realize that in the case of paper and plastics, recycling consumes more energy than using new materials?

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#221504 - 02/13/07 02:28 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Maya]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Satanism doesn't have opinions. SATANISTS have opinions. Satanism is a philosophy which Satanists use to form their opinions.

'Opinion' was the wrong word to use. I apologize. Stance is a better word? Satanism has a stance (for example) that animals should only be killed for food or if you're attacked. This is also my stance, and thus one of my opinions is that its wrong to kill animals for sport.

Quote:

However, life will never exist without suffering.

This is true. Maybe I am feeling too much responsibity.

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221505 - 02/13/07 02:29 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Virus9]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Thats unbelievable. Why would they want us to recycle then?

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221506 - 02/13/07 02:37 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Shade]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

And I just want to thank you for not assuming that I want all Satanists to unite and clean the waste of the Herd

Quote:

You get the feeling this has been asked before?

It would not surprise me. But I could find nothing when I searched LttD on Satanism and global warming/pollution.

Quote:

If your inclinations are not in line with the CoS then that will perhaps answer questions as well.

Yes. LeviathanXIII has alerted me that its a political issue. I doubt many Satanists share the same political views, hence the different opinions on this topic. I do understand this a lot better now!

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221507 - 02/13/07 02:50 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Babydoll]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Because someone thought it was a good idea and convinced a bunch of other people that recycling is good for the planet. Better yet, it also creates low-paying unskilled labor jobs which help large corporations earn tax-credits and increase there profit margins.

Before you ask why "they" want you to do something, determine who "they" are.

-Lewis Lapham

-Winston Churchill

#221508 - 02/13/07 03:25 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Virus9]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Before you ask why "they" want you to do something, determine who "they" are.

The Local Government.

Quote:

Because someone thought it was a good idea and convinced a bunch of other people that recycling is good for the planet. Better yet, it also creates low-paying unskilled labor jobs which help large corporations earn tax-credits and increase there profit margins.

How disappointing.

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221509 - 02/13/07 03:46 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Virus9]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Here is the Satanic stance on global warming:

If it concerns you that much, do something about it. Preferably something other than imposing your self-righteousness on others.

I apologise if my misdirected passion for the environment has offended anyone.

Hail Satan!

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221510 - 02/13/07 03:46 AM Cheap resourses! [Re: Virus9]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
In 2005, I went to an interesting business. One half of the large, 2-story building is used as a warehouse for imported items from China. Mostly plastic things, they import large props (like for party rental businesses) as well as many consumer items. The other half of the building has a machine for cleaning, chipping and packing recycled plastic to ship to China. I saw several tons of chipped plastic waiting to be brought to a container. Their plant in China processes our waste plastic and makes things to sell back to us. What a business-- turning our garbage into profits!

There wouldn't be so many opportunities to recycle if someone wasn't making a killing on it.

#221511 - 02/13/07 06:05 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Babydoll]
Mythil Offline

Loc: UK, Portsmouth
Well, it's a hard lesson, but after actually talking to certain people, it finally clicked in the back of my head. Something we as humans generally gloss over, and it even says it in the Satanic bible, don't bother telling your opinions to people, it's best that you just have opinions and they work for you.

However, on the subject of the environment, since you actually asked for people opinions..
I gave up years ago. The reason why, is that the government put a special bin outside of apartment for recycling household stuff..
I was taking a bag of rubbish out to it in the early morning when one of the bin men walked up to me and said
"I wouldn't bother mate, no matter what you put in there, just gets dumped anyway, nothing out of those bins actually gets recycled. If the government isn't going to do the work, then I can be bothered to either

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43829 Topics
405228 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements