Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#221547 - 02/13/07 11:02 PM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Phineas]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>So oil and coal have limited lifespans. So what doesn't? Is the Sun going to be around forever? Sure, I am all for developing new fuels, etc. But only when it is driven by science that in a free market, not by emotionalism and politics.

That is so refreshing to hear. In fact most of the opinions here are refreshing. I usually get the same old argument of "save the world."

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#221548 - 02/13/07 11:26 PM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Babydoll]
ModernTantalus Offline

I always feel it best to play it safe when it comes to the environment. This isn't because I'm some crazy left wing liberal who wants to save the whales and prevent baby seals from getting clubbed. I really don't give a shit. Nothing human beings do can destroy the earth. No matter how many species we kill more will evolve. Even in a mass nuclear war microbes would survive and eventually evolve into higher forms. What does concern me is the fact that human beings can make the world uninhabitable for human beings. That's not very good for me personally and so I'm willing to do whatever it takes to prevent that from happening or at least slow it down as much as possible.

#221549 - 02/14/07 01:21 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Phineas]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Ah, but when the sun goes out, everything iin the vicinity will go out with it. Our lives don't actually depend upon coal and oil, per se, so there's a difference, because there's still hope there.

My hope is that people who are severely ecologically un-sound will be seen as being as un-hip and un-with it as those who are racist or sexist, or at least, as out of the loop as those who wear hot pants and listen to 8 tracks. Hopefully, some bright people besides myself will think to market being "green" in terms of being progressive, efficient, and hip, not just dourly "morally straight."

The "Environmental Movement" is about Communism, anti-Capitalism, and Marxism? Sure. I've witnessed that myself.

But, to draw a distinction, environmentalism certainly isn't always about that. I'm just a fan of biodiversity and nature, myself.

And, as long as people get the job done properly, I don't care if it's done for money, emotionalism, politics, fear of fines, fear of being seen as uncool, or pragmatism. I do care if a particular motive or reaction is likely to make people more likely to screw up, naturally.

I also take satisfaction in not being a hypocrite, as much as possible. So, I don't court the delusion of being able to save the planet by myself, you see, I just enjoy putting my own money where my mouth is, and walking my own talk as much as humanly possible.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#221550 - 02/14/07 02:04 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: reprobate]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Quote:

So I asked: Are you really asking us for our opinion, or are you giving your own?

Both, so as to compare. I suspected most would not feel the way I did, and wanted to know why. Now I know why; it was a political issue. For me my problem is solved and I feel great. I did not mean to argue a political issue, I did not initially recognise it as such.

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221551 - 02/14/07 06:55 AM FINALLY [Re: Evil_Eve]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

What many do not understand is those big wigs championing this whole GW BS are not interested in our welfare, let alone the welfare of innocent animals. This is a control issue pure and simple meant to enslave others by fear. Dig deeper and one will certainly always find MONEY as a motivating factor behind the lies that are being spoon fed to the herd.

I did not realise that a 'fact of science' I have taken as truth since a child (global warming) could have been another propagated herd control mechanism. Again, disappointing but, I am not surprised.

Despite the frustration my initial rant may have caused for any members here, I am very glad to have posted this topic, had the privilege to read all your responses, and to have another blindfold lifted. A blindfold I already thought was gone.

HOW on earth did I imagine that MY stance on a political issue (environmental responsibility) should be the stance of Satanism on it??? well..

I thought that my STANCE on the topic was as a RESULT of my interpritation of Satanism.

Not so. Here it is:

Like many others here I was subjected to the brainwashing of a white-light religion. As I have written in the past, this brainwashing hardwired Xian lies, attitudes and reactive behaviours like cancers in my personality and perspective (as described in TSB pp. 32). These cancers can only be dug out once they are recognised as such.

After taking on Satanism as a religion, I took on the "responsiblilty to the responsible" without first effectively descarding my brainwashed responsiblity for others. Whilst increasing the responsiblity I felt for myself and everything in my life, I did not see the cancer of 'responsiblity for others' still present.

I have always mused over environmental responsibility, only recently turning full attention to it; wanting to decide how I felt about it. I started to feel a great responsibility weighing. This worried me. I was perplexed. Why did I feel this.

I did not realise until now that I was still enslaved by a herd control mechansim - still feeling responsibility for others as well as myself.

Fortunately thanks to the intelligence, Satanic gut reactions, and strong words of the members of LttD who replied, I realised there was still a monkey on my back. A shit of a monkey called 'responsibility to others'. No wonder I wasn't getting any bananas.

I am now in a great moment of joy, strength and clarity. This pathetic cancer of christianity has been with me for much too long! Finally the cause of discomfort has been identifed, and cut out!

Thankyou!!!

HAIL SATAN!!!

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221552 - 02/14/07 08:14 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Discipline]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Thank you!

People are willing to do ANYTHING to save the Earth - except take a science class!

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#221553 - 02/14/07 08:19 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Phineas]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
Magister, 6+ billion can't be wrong.
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#221555 - 02/14/07 08:31 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Babydoll]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Okay, I understand. Sorry for my hasty judgment.

#221557 - 02/14/07 06:20 PM Re: FINALLY [Re: Babydoll]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Global Warming is happening.

That's a fact.

What isn't said, is that Global Warming happens in cycles, those cycles are called 'interglacial periods'. In fact, the Holocene Maximum was much 'hotter' than the current Global Warming "crisis."

So the main issue isn't whether or not Global Warming is a lie, but whether or not alarmists are motivated by reasons other than sound science and history. The evidence of that speaks for itself and can be easily found.

This debate didn't really start heating up on a public level until Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" hit theaters. It's no secret that this movie was something of a sensationalist exploit.

I would recommend that you move slower when changing positions, lest you overlook something in your haste to 'hop the fence' so to speak.

Of course, this topic is really only fun for titillating conversation, in my opinion.

As for action, do what best serves you. And I would also suggest that you keep what Mr. Daark has posited, firmly in the back of your mind, to save yourself needless headaches.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#221558 - 02/14/07 09:11 PM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Babydoll]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Honey, you need to work on your BS detector! ( Don't we all!)

Mr Virus 9, in my experience, is a reasonably reliable source of information.

However, he could be wrong.

If something is really important to you, don't take anyone's word for it. Always check your facts. Use multiple sources of information.

Someone said the binman claimed that recycling was a sham. I have an uncle who claimed that also. The only way you will know for sure, especially since it varies from area to area, is to actually check it out for yourself.

Further warning -- don't take the bureaucrat's assurances at face value. Go look for yourself, ask those working on the ground, so to speak.

Always follow the money. If something doesn't make sense, look where the money comes and goes. If any level of government is involved (and where isn't it?), you can count on the money angle being particularly convoluted.

As an example, for years I was baffled as to why the power lines were rarely buried, and instead were hung from power poles, resulting in blackouts when some big storm came through. Not of utmost importance to me, but an occasional inconvenience. It turns out that this is an agreement between the local government and the union for the linemen. If the lines are buried, they don't need so many linemen. (This is known as featherbedding.)

When it comes to government sponsored good guy campaigns, you have to be really cynical -- look below the surface rhetoric to find out what they really are up to. Often it's just polishing their Good Guy badges, usually at your expense.

#221559 - 02/14/07 09:25 PM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Isabel23]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>As an example, for years I was baffled as to why the power lines were rarely buried, and instead were hung from power poles, resulting in blackouts when some big storm came through. Not of utmost importance to me, but an occasional inconvenience. It turns out that this is an agreement between the local government and the union for the linemen. If the lines are buried, they don't need so many linemen. (This is known as featherbedding.)

I actually heard this from a lineman himself when I was trying to become one.

There are a lot of cities outside of the US that don't have power lines crowding their skies. They are just so much prettier.

It is also a lot cheaper for the power companies to use less insulated lines which cause power drains. How do they make up for it? Produce more power to drive that current. Now, I am not sure if they actually charge their costumers for this resistance drainage, but I have heard from some that they do. I should look into it.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#221560 - 02/14/07 09:29 PM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Discipline]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

I wouldn't be surprised if this practice were quite common.

I didn't know about the resistance thing. Makes sense, and of course they would charge the customers.

If you really do get confirmation, I would be amused to know.

#221561 - 02/15/07 03:24 AM Re: FINALLY [Re: Poetaster]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

This debate didn't really start heating up on a public level until Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" hit theaters. It's no secret that this movie was something of a sensationalist exploit.

Maybe so in America. Here (Australia), unless you'd seen Al Gore's movie, it was harder to pick it as a tool of politics (at least for me, who doesn't know politics unless its coming out of a politicians mouth).

Our politicians weren't really talking about it, except for John Howard in one instance where he used it as an excuse to back his nuclear power stance. I don't watch the news that much though, but I was seeing Global Warming 'panic' on the news, and National Geographic channel, which just reinforced my opinion of it rather than making me question my opinion of it.

Quote:

I would recommend that you move slower when changing positions, lest you overlook something in your haste to 'hop the fence' so to speak.

Could you clarify this?

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221562 - 02/15/07 03:39 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Isabel23]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Honey, you need to work on your BS detector!

Yep. Don't I know it. There's a book I'm trying to get a hold of, it was recently discussed here on LttD. It should help me learn to spot the BS.

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221563 - 02/15/07 04:16 AM Re: FINALLY [Re: Babydoll]
Azazil Offline

Loc: Constantinapolis (İSTANBU...
I agree with you. Something must be done before its too late.
And i believe that big powers of world are spending some of their power on that problem because without Mother Earth they are nothing...

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12095 Members
73 Forums
43861 Topics
405458 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements