Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#221564 - 02/15/07 04:50 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Quaark]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

The six billion people in the world, with their varied and conflicting agendas, will continue to seek their own interests, and that will result in whatever it's going to result in, and you and I have absolutely zero ability to affect the ultimate outcome.

For better or worse this was the conclusion I came to as well.

In purely selfish terms any major changes will probably not happen in my lifetime, and if I'm brutally honest I couldn't really give a shit what happens after that!

Excellent post by the way!!

#221565 - 02/15/07 05:54 AM Re: FINALLY [Re: Babydoll]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Essentially, you had a stance, you were questioned and some disagreed, you were told that Global Warming is a lie; automatically you changed to suit the concensus opinion.

Seemingly at least.

I simply think that you might want to research this topic a little more before agreeing with something that is actually quite wrong.

Global Warming happens. Man-made Global Warming is a slight exaggeration with political motivation.

It's important to know where the line is. But you won't know that line if you take everything you're told at face value, even this.

#221566 - 02/15/07 07:09 AM Re: FINALLY [Re: Poetaster]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
I stated that I did not realise that global warming could have been another propagated herd control mechanism. Maybe I should change that to man-made global warming. Either way, I was acknowledging the point that Evil_Eve had made.

I didn't state anywhere that I "now believe global warming is a lie".

At the moment as you say I have not properly researched global warming, and although it doesn't seem to sound good - I don't know enough.

The stance I had originally was that Satanists should be taking more responsibility for the environment (including global warming, land clearing, pollution...) but I did not realise I was arguing a political issue. I had formed this stance based on my interpritation of Satanism distorted by a feeling of "responsibility for others" which was still present from when I was fully christian.

I only realised I was carrying this burden of responsibility to others after I really thought about the reactions of the members here, my past christian brainwashing, and why I was feeling the way I did.

After I realised I was still feeling responsibility for others (another herd control mechanism!) I purged it out.

That is why I now feel happy and empowered, and understand the whole process I just went through.

Quote:

automatically you changed to suit the concensus opinion

I did not mean for it to appear that I was jumping the fence to fit in. From where I am I just feel that I've gotten an old habit (feeling responsibility to others) out of my system. After digging that out, I can understand things from what I believe now actually is a Satanic perspective.

Old habits die hard. This habit felt to me a monkey on my back. It was there I just didn't see it. As for the bananas I'm now enjoying, to me these bananas represent understanding something new.

#221567 - 02/15/07 10:08 AM Re: FINALLY [Re: Babydoll]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Could you clarify this?

Meaning, most of the people who've spoken in this thread are strongly skeptical and even dismissive of the environmental movement, of environmentalism, and/or Global Warming. But, you shouldn't "hop the fence" and knee-jerkedly poo-poo environmentalism and Global Warming automatically, just because you wish to please Satanists, or suddenly assume that not believing there are any environmental problems worth looking at or showing concern for is the True Satanic Stance (tm).

There is a Satanic way to approach nature and the environment, rest assured, so all it not lost. The key is to check your data, hone your BS detector, never lose your intelligent enthusiasm, examine your motives and rationalizations, not get suckered into conforming to mass movements, not become Chicken Little, not trust the television news, always ask "Cui bono?", and not fall for the delusional, egotistical "you can save the world" silliness.

Rest assured, there are numerous Satanists who care passionately about the environment, and feel basically the same way you do where sentiments and emotions are concerned. (Though, they, too, would also probably caution you to be wise and shrewd.) Some of them just don't post upstairs a lot.

Basically, don't allow your parade to get rained on, if you were genuinely enjoying your parade and getting something good and productive out of it.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#221569 - 02/15/07 02:37 PM Re: FINALLY [Re: Azazil]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Currently humans are at the whim of "mother" Earth (or is that Nanny Earth?). However, if technology keeps rising on its repeated gradient then the Earth would not be necessary.

I feel that keeping a focus on what we do input into the Earth's system is wise for health reasons and for a more enjoyable environment. Yet, the fact is humans are by nature destructive animals that change and manipulate their surrounds.

That mother that everyone worships could care less about us. It could careless if we died, if we left, or even if we stayed.

In time humans could very well not need the Earth. Of course, until then we should not burn any bridges.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#221571 - 02/15/07 04:52 PM Re: FINALLY [Re: Babydoll]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Then I apologize for misconstruing this:

Quote:

I did not realise that a 'fact of science' I have taken as truth since a child (global warming) could have been another propagated herd control mechanism.

And yes, man-made Global Warming is exaggerated.

#221572 - 02/15/07 06:20 PM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Babydoll]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I just came in to add:

There are over 20 different species of banana.

#221573 - 02/16/07 05:36 AM Re: FINALLY [Re: TrojZyr]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

But, you shouldn't "hop the fence" and knee-jerkedly poo-poo environmentalism and Global Warming automatically

I don't poo poo environmentalism. I simply poo poo that feeling of "responsibility to others" I had had for years, which in this case made me feel responsible for the state of the whole environment.

This past week I have cut out and disposed of this 'cancer', and along with it went a hell of a lot of guilt, and a feeling of duty to "save the planet".

Now I just feel responsible for ME instead.

Of course this is fence-hopping; one minute I want to take environmental responsibility for every-bloody-body, and now just for myself. But to me at least, I hopped that fence for a good reason, and I am really glad for it! I don't WANT to take responsibility for others anymore, WHAT is wrong with that???

I still LOVE the environment, nature, earth and especially animals. I will do what I want to help, but no more than I feel is really my individual responsibility (unless it makes me feel really great).

I want my energy in life to be well spent, and stressing over something that's out of my control, and not my responsibility, is a waste of energy that could be used for better, more satisfying pursuits.

Quote:

just because you wish to please Satanists

Although I appreciate and respect the input of many members here, I do not really care what they think of my online identity. I care more about what I think of myself, and about pleasing myself. In this case, it pleases me to rid myself of a massive unwarranted responsibility to others.

Quote:

or suddenly assume that not believing there are any environmental problems worth looking at or showing concern for is the True Satanic Stance (tm)

Where did I assume this? I am sure ALL the environmental problems are worth looking at for someone, somewhere, to some extent. I just no longer feel its MY duty, and this is NOT because I think that’s what a Satanic perspective would be. It is because I NO LONGER FEEL RESPONSIBLE for addressing the environmental impact of the whole human species. Call it Satanic or not, I don't care. I won't apologize for ridding myself of a massive guilt for something that wasn't my fault!

I do however apologise if I sound rude at the moment. I value every response I've received, as they've all helped me in this learning process.

I have achieved something really great over the past week. I have freed myself from a christian moral code that was still haunting me and affecting my perspective of what I should and shouldn't do, or feel. A result of this achievement for my stance on environmental responsibility, is that I only feel a duty to be environmentally responsible for ME.

It's as simple as that.

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221574 - 02/16/07 05:39 AM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: tovasshi]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

That's pretty cool! 20 species! Mind you, I will only take it as an interesting piece of trivia, untill I've read it on Wikepidea or some other reputable source

(BS detector switched on...)

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221575 - 02/16/07 06:02 AM Re: FINALLY [Re: Poetaster]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

No worries!

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221576 - 02/16/07 10:52 AM Re: FINALLY [Re: Babydoll]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Don't worry, I didn't say you were assuming anything yet. I was just translating what the previous poster might have been implying.

Ultimately, I was encouraging you, not denigrating you.

#221577 - 02/16/07 08:20 PM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Babydoll]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada

#221578 - 02/16/07 10:14 PM Re: FINALLY [Re: TrojZyr]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Don't worry, I didn't say you were assuming anything yet. I was just translating what the previous poster might have been implying.

Sorry then that I misinterprited you!

Quote:

Ultimately, I was encouraging you, not denigrating you.

I did read your advice, and am grateful that you took the time to give your kind encouragement.

HS!

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#221579 - 02/16/07 11:38 PM Re: FINALLY [Re: Babydoll]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

No problem, my pleasure.

I know how on-edge I get once I get into forum debates, so after a while, I'm suspicious of EVERYONE!

And, when I give advice or solace, I do sometimes sound like I'm making assumptions or providing criticism, so that's my fault.

#221580 - 02/27/07 03:09 PM Re: Satanism and Pollution [Re: Quaark]
MarkArsenal Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

And, what is in your power to affect is to stay on top of sciences current best guesses as to decades long patterns of climate change where you live or are planning to live (remember, we no longer care whether or not it's humans causing it or the Keebler Elves!), and integrate that information ino your personal plans.

Of course, I've often found myself responding quite reflexively when people bemoan the potential that "75% of the human race lives in a place that will flood when sea levels rise", with: "So just move!"

Maybe I have an easier time with that idea than the average human lemming because I've moved 4 times in the past 5 years, and I've done so because I wanted to rather than for job or family reasons. I'm a locational opportunist, and I don't see why it's such a big deal to migrate when local conditions make it expedient.

Think of all the energy that many environmentalist individuals put into their quest for communion with the great verde in the sky: buying produce and food from 'organic' or 'sustainable' suppliers which is several times more expensive compared to the standard product, wasting days of their lives each year on (and waiting for) bad public transit when they can afford a cheap clunker of a car and the gas for it with about as much annual investment, campaigning, protesting and whining about environmental issues and donating to various organizations that spend most of their income on marketing and recruiting.

If you are part of a 'friends of the lesser spotted pork newt' organization or something similar, that's one thing: you have a specific agenda and an object of affection with which your individual efforts can usually yield identifiable results. But generalized environmentalism yeilds nothing for you personally and identifiably. You're wasting your energy. Use that energy instead to move to a more hospitable climate. Every time the climate gets too inconvenient due to your house blowing away or your office falling into a hole in the ground, just move.

Humans have been migrating for the purposes of finding more hospitable climates or better jobs or markets for thousands of years. Why is your house such a great place to live that you need to waste your energy on fruitless sacrifices to great green god in the sky and try to convince everyone you know to do the same? Why is it so difficult for you to move that you would rather march lemminglike in step with every other environmentalist without achieving anything concrete for your troubles? If you are too poor to move, or if you live in a polity which makes it too difficult, you have much bigger issues in your life than whether or not your coffee was shade-grown...

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406357 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements