Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#266694 - 08/23/07 10:00 AM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Mythil]
Dr. De Sade Offline

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

-Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects

#266723 - 08/23/07 12:45 PM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Mythil]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
The Oxford Vs Cambridge boat race a few years ago.

Princess Ann was presenting the Trophy to the winning team. She presented the award and leaned in to offer a congratulatory kiss to the team coxwain.

As it happened the TV commentator reported....

"Oh, and isn't that a super gesture! The princess is kissing the cox' of the Cambridge team."

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#266806 - 08/23/07 11:54 PM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
AztecRed Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
"Kill a man . . . one is a murderer; kill a million . . . a conqueror; kill them all . . . a God." Jean Rostand

#266845 - 08/24/07 05:15 AM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Mythil]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Loc: CT
"ahh...you have a Sister!"

'Darth Vader'

Edited by Fagneto (08/24/07 05:15 AM)
Edit Reason: Say it right and totally get women.
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#266848 - 08/24/07 05:32 AM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Mythil]
yexnip Offline
Banned

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"
-- (Portalbendarwinden)
'I have been caught into the evil maelstroms of chainsmoking, the metaphoric ladder that picturize my social habits have sunk into a sea of hopeless endeavor.' Written by Espen, beginning of melancholy and the great depression.

#266958 - 08/24/07 08:36 PM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Mythil]
Fala Offline
CoS Member

I have to take a few from two of my favorite movies. They pretty much sum up my feelings on many things. Indulge me for a moment, please.

"I know nothing of God, or the Devil. I have never seen a vision nor learned a secret that will damn or save my soul." ~Armand, Interview With the Vampire (1994)

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."
~Dr. Hannibal Lecter, The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

#266969 - 08/24/07 09:57 PM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Fala]
de gli moros Offline

"Enjoy peace as a means to new wars..." - Neitzsche

"Good guy, bad guy... I'm the guy with the gun." Army of Darkness.

"I ain't no muthafucking role model. To any kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money." - Ice Cube

#267278 - 08/26/07 01:58 PM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Mythil]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
I'm a bit late getting to this thread, and I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, so sorry if anyone has already mentioned these two quotes...

"My right I have made for myself, by not what I can do, but by how important it is for others that I be resented, maligned, misunderstood and hated."

"Other men's deaths make the earth a sweeter, finer place for those who have the capacity to relish each moment spent upon it."

Both by Anton Szandor LaVey

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#369979 - 01/27/09 03:39 AM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: man_mind]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

I've seen this quotation and really liked it:

"The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water and breeds reptiles of the mind." by William Blake

Edit:
Oh and I would add this one: "There is no such thing as non-existence." ...this quite interests mind, doesn't it?

Edited by Spelled Moon (01/27/09 04:47 AM)

#369989 - 01/27/09 07:56 AM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Evil_Eve]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Evil_Eve
[color:"white"] "Why am I calling you by your first names? I don't even know you. I still call my boss "Mister", and I've been working for him for seven years, but all of a sudden I walk in here and I'm calling you Rick and Sheila like we're in some kind of AA meeting... I don't want to be your buddy, Rick. I just want some breakfast". [color:"red"] Bill Foster/Falling Down [/color]

I love that movie, Eve.
y favorite line in it is, "Have you ever heard the saying,'The customer is always right?' Well, here I am, the customer."

#369990 - 01/27/09 08:09 AM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Shade]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Since this thread has been "reactivated":

I like that one Shade. I had a couple on a truck I drove several years ago:

"Don't tell me what kind of day to have!" and
"Warning: I drive like you do!"

#369992 - 01/27/09 08:53 AM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: DCLXVI]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Thank you for reviving this. One of my favorites is from the danish science fiction writer Erwin Neutzsky-Wulff. Although over the years I've come to disagree with him on some issues his writings had a big impact on me when I was younger. The quote is from his book "Faust", the translation is my own:

"Seek then not to be like others, for he who is like his fellow man is nothing. What use is he? But if the god has made thee unlike them, seek then to be even more unlike them, that they may come to you and ask: Do for us that which we are incapable of doing ourselves".

This is spoken by his "mad" prophet who has many similarities to Nietzsche, and I've always taken it to heart and based my personal strategy on being the one who could do what others could not.

Edited by verszou (01/27/09 08:53 AM)
Edit Reason: Turns out there is no 't' in although

#370024 - 01/27/09 04:29 PM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: ]
Lilibeta Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
@ Dr. de Sade: Actually I believe Baudelaire said that first.

"In a world where carpenters get resurrected, everything is possible."
~ Eleanor of Aquitaine, The Lion in Winter

"Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?"
~ Thomas Dagget, The Prophecy

"Whoever said 'laughter is the best medicine' never had gonorrhea."
~ Earl, My Name is Earl

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.

#370083 - 01/28/09 01:13 AM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Lilibeta]
Zardex Offline

"In order to say "don't be evil" you must already dwell in that space of evil, and I congratulate you for it" - Slavoj Zizek

(We do not punish criminals for example, or others we judge as wrong doers, because they are evil - we both judge them evil and punish them because we claim a right to do so - and we claim this right because their actions are in discord with what we judge as good, as the best -the mightiest way- for a productive existence of our society for example.
Thus the very judgment of good and evil is an affirmation that the mightiest authority has the right to violently abuse it's surroundings, an affirmation that might is indeed right, no matter how evil it may be.)

#370090 - 01/28/09 03:19 AM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Zardex]
all hallows
Unregistered

"life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward."

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
43875 Topics
405557 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements