Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#370715 - 02/02/09 03:57 PM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
"For myself, I made up my mind long ago that neither an army nor a commander can avoid danger by running away. So - although an honorable death would be better than a disgraceful attempt to save our lives - our best chance of safety does in fact lie in doing our duty."

Agricola, Just before a battle at the foot of Mount Graupius, Britannia, as related by Son-in-law Tacitus

#370848 - 02/03/09 05:06 PM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Jack_Lantern]
dopeoncandycanes Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs
Two of my absolute favorites are:

"Do what you can with what you've got wherever you are."
~ Theodore Roosevelt ~
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."
~ Elbert Hubbard ~

There's this funny stuff I read once in the Atheist's Bible, and had to look up again to get it right.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized God doesn’t work that way,
so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.
"
Emo Philips

And I don't know whose quote this is.
"If you can smile when things go wrong then you have someone in mind to blame."
~Bernard Berenson

#370850 - 02/03/09 05:27 PM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: dopeoncandycanes]
Garm Offline

Loc: Norway
"Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money."
- George Carlin

including the two in my signature.

#370865 - 02/03/09 06:45 PM Re: Your favorite quote [Re: Shade]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
One of my favourite characters on CSI is Lady Heather (Mindy Clarke). She and I both like a little civility before dark.

"In my experience, Mr. Grissom, some men go to the theater, some men are the theater."
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406357 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements