Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#222420 - 02/18/07 01:23 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Bill_M]
Beardo Offline

Ok I think I understand what you are trying to say, but let me clarify it just in case:
Are you saying that, for some people at least, all Satanic magic is nothing more than psychodrama? E.g. you could perform a ritual to try and make you more successful at whatever you do and the results of that are that you end up more focused on what you are doing, and believe that you will be successful.
Because if that is the case then I can easily see that it could be a very powerful tool.

#222421 - 02/18/07 02:50 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Beardo]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

There's nothing I hate more than wasted time.

Good! That means you will cease and desist with your endless ramblings.

As Magister Svengali would say: Go away!

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#222422 - 02/18/07 08:33 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Beardo]
Majic Offline

Loc: Sagittarius III
The Oldest Game In Town

What makes threads like these particularly amusing is the fact that it's akin to watching people try to hold a conversation next to a construction zone replete with jackhammers.

Somehow, the message seems to get lost in all the noise.

Someone new comes along and makes statements or asks "questions" (usually assertions masquerading as questions) about Satanism, and the exchange typically proceeds as follows:

Q: So, you Satanists believe _________, do you? <optional: insert thinly-veiled derogatory remark here>

A: No, my opinion is __________.

Q: Oh I see, in other words you believe __________, then.

A: No, my opinion is __________.

Q: Maybe I'm not making myself clear. My goal here is to take whatever you say, misinterpret it and restate it in a manner which reinforces my misconceptions.

A: Go away.

Look familiar? It should.

It's the oldest game in town.

Bible Belt

How would I know? Well, there's a story...

Once upon a time, when I first came here, I played the same game.

I didn't know diddly squat about what Satanism actually is, but relied instead on the popular mythos surrounding Satanism -- which, as it turns out, is hopelessly wrong.

Thus when I arrived in these fine forums, I might just as well have been talking about the ins and outs of animal husbandry, because pretty much everything I had to say or even ask about Satanism was so far off the mark that the prospects for mutual understanding were very grim indeed.

Fortunately, I was given good advice by helpful members, which I will repeat here for convenience:

FOR THE LOVE OF SATAN, JUST READ THE GOD-DAMNED SATANIC BIBLE!!!

That's not a call to join the Legions of the Damned, but rather practical advice which is essential to follow if you want to be able to intelligently discuss Satanism.

In my case, I took the advice and read The Satanic Bible. I laughed, I cried, but most of all, it was the feel-good book of the summer.

The best part: I learned what Satanism is.

And that, my friends, is a lesson I will never forget.

The Satanic Bible is cheap, easy to find and even easier to read. It's also amusing as hell (literally) and can even prove life-changing for those who may be surprised to see the stories of their lives inscribed in its infernal pages.

Read it now, and thank me later.

#222423 - 02/18/07 09:40 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Beardo]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:

Are you saying that, for some people at least, all Satanic magic is nothing more than psychodrama?

Yes, I do indeed know Satanists who take that view. And I don't see anything unsatanic about taking such a view. I still wouldn't say it's a simple matter of either "I believe it's supernatural" or "I believe it's purely psychological". For me, again, I think it's a matter of "OK, what parts of this work for me, and what do I really mean by 'it works'?" But I'm just being nit-picky in that regard, because if a Satanist gets something out of the experience, I can't exactly tell them that they're doing something "wrong".

Quote:

Because if that is the case then I can easily see that it could be a very powerful tool.

Well there you go, then.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#222424 - 02/18/07 11:52 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Majic]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

The best part: I learned what Satanism is.

And that, my friends, is a lesson I will never forget

But you have still gone on to say that you are not a Satanist.

So then, are you a Satanist and would you consider joining the Church of Satan?

#222425 - 02/19/07 01:36 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Bill_M]
Beardo Offline

In that case, problem solved

Thanks for your time everyone, it's been much appreciated.

Hail Satan!

#222426 - 02/19/07 08:44 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Phineas]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

There's nothing I hate more than wasted time.

Good! That means you will cease and desist with your endless ramblings.

As Magister Svengali would say: Go away!

That is Magister Rose's line.

I just use it sometimes when he's not here to!
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#222427 - 02/19/07 10:37 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Bill_M]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
You are most welcomed, Warlock. I am definitely glad I did set it up because that was a very nice analogy.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#222428 - 02/20/07 04:32 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Nekrogorgasm]
annamarie Offline

Loc: OKC OKLAHOMA
To me magik is real, well the results are real. I practice on a daily basis. For better understanding of my beliefs, lets reliable the word magik and call it persuasion. I think when you look really look into the act of magik you find simple persuasion and mind over matter to be a more fitting definition. The little old lady on the bus for example, she uses magik-persuasion to gain seating. Skillfully she scans the situation then chooses her liking and uses power over the seating occupant with only her mind. Mind Control-Magik-Persuasion, In which ever definition(label)you choose it is clearly evident that her results of willing the seat to be vacant is magical. I do wish upon stars and by lights of the moon but I don't rely on stardust &moonsprinkles. I have found my magik comes from with-in and yes it is real.
HAILS ALL [email] annamarie@beneathheaven.com[/Email] [quote] DARK ARTIST [/quote] [url] ]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13261525[/url] <a href="link" target="_blank"> beneathheaven.com </a>

#222429 - 02/20/07 05:07 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: annamarie]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Those who spell magic with a K, aren't.

#222430 - 02/20/07 05:20 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: annamarie]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
"The little old lady on the bus for example, she uses magik-persuasion to gain seating."

What? You mean to tell me that all this time I've been doing a knee-bendy thing to try to sit and there's been a better way? I wish I found this "magik" thing earlier!

#222431 - 02/20/07 05:51 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: annamarie]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Like I said earlier in the thread, there's a good reason why actual Satanists don't spell magic with a "k".

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#222432 - 02/20/07 07:51 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: RandomStranger]
ThaDeej Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Greenville, SC
Quote:

"The little old lady on the bus for example, she uses magik-persuasion to gain seating."

What? You mean to tell me that all this time I've been doing a knee-bendy thing to try to sit and there's been a better way? I wish I found this "magik" thing earlier!

That is hilarious!!

www.vampiretemple.com

#222433 - 02/20/07 08:06 AM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: annamarie]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

To me magik is real, well the results are real. I practice on a daily basis. For better understanding of my beliefs, lets reliable the word magik and call it persuasion. I think when you look really look into the act of magik you find simple persuasion and mind over matter to be a more fitting definition. The little old lady on the bus for example, she uses magik-persuasion to gain seating. Skillfully she scans the situation then chooses her liking and uses power over the seating occupant with only her mind. Mind Control-Magik-Persuasion, In which ever definition(label)you choose it is clearly evident that her results of willing the seat to be vacant is magical. I do wish upon stars and by lights of the moon but I don't rely on stardust &moonsprinkles. I have found my magik comes from with-in and yes it is real.

You are joking right?

And to THINK that I wasn't giving up My seat to a Senior Citizen not to be courteous but only because that evil old fart was using mind control on Me to bend Me to serve his/her own wicked desires. The cane/walker and the varicose veins were a nice added touch too. CRAFTY.

Oh now I'm pissed! NEVER AGAIN!

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#222434 - 02/20/07 02:48 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Evil_Eve]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Quote:

You are joking right?

And to THINK that I wasn't giving up My seat to a Senior Citizen not to be courteous but only because that evil old fart was using mind control on Me to bend Me to serve his/her own wicked desires. The cane/walker and the varicose veins were a nice added touch too. CRAFTY.

Oh now I'm pissed! NEVER AGAIN!

Witchy Eve you're killing me.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Forum Stats
12255 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements