Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#223403 - 02/22/07 06:07 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Did you notice (I didn't until now) that the two pictures side by side in My post seem to share the same quizzical expression?

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#223405 - 02/22/07 07:26 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
A German Shepherd of course. They are extremely noble, intelligent, loyal, and last, but not least beautiful dogs.

I love dogs and cats equally, although now that I have had the pleasure of a humongous puppy thrashing around my house as well as three mortified cats, I have to say the cats are way easier to raise.

Cool thread, by the way.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#223406 - 02/22/07 07:40 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
Wolf Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:

So I am interested in these weird question/threads. I have noticed alot of cat lovers here. If you are a dog lover what breed do you love or what breed do you associate with.
So? Who are you?

Heh, funny. I noticed 't is true how dogs and their owners grow to look alike after a while indeed, so after almost eight years of being together with a German Shepherd, I must have some features alike - though I often suspect the dogs take over aspects of their master as well. Mine is shorthair German Shepherd of a working line breed [manswork /obedience/scent work], mainly black, growing a little grey around the nose - here we go, though the grey isn't around my nose but temples. We have about the same size of ego, which in my case doesn't exactly match my actual size, in her case it certainly does; she is at the border of as how large a German Shepherd is allowed to be. We are fierce defenders of our home & loved ones and though we may easily yet superficially mingle with others, we prefere to stick to our own. We are loyal and honest to the bone. In fight we forget all about size or numbers; when needed we will attack no matter who is in front of us, and we will win. We are muscled and trained yet no bulldog in appearance. We have an uncanningly well scenting ability and are in fact constantly alert. When not finding enough challenges to our intelligence, we may turn to clowns - we have a good sense of humor but it may be a bit malicious. My dog, like myself, may appear to be neutrally checking out on someone and then all of a sudden turn 'em off - maybe because of a scent, a sound, a certain movement. We are sensitive, at times slightly hypersensitive. We are energetic. We love many kinds of food but have very sensitive stomach and bowels and therefore must take much care in what we eat and what not; skin allergies, intoxication are easily there as well. But we both survived more than one near-dead experience/ anafylaxis. We can endure a lot of pain but do not seek it. We have great endurance ability. We are playfull and happy overall.
Now, what I think my dog has adopted from me; when she's with my daughter she is MUCH more social than when she's with me. When we're together we best stay away from others [man and dog], but my daughter reports playing time with other dogs I wouldn't even dare dream of. My daughter also reports having smalltalk with other dog-owners I wouldn't think about starting in the first place. I do not have smalltalk with other dog owners, except for a few carefully selected ones. I'm afraid I tend to get into conflicts with other dogowners rather easily. My dog responds the same as her guide in both circumstances.
What I learned from her: German Shepherds are always talking - my next one is going to be named Chewbacca, as I playfully already call my Vlad at times. My trainer tought me to talk back to my dog, I tended to hold my tongue too much. I must talk back. They enjoy it!

Though we are going to be together forever, aftter this dog I want another German Shepherd, as I have grown to love this breed an awfull lot. It's size, intelligence and humour that I find mostly attractive, with the very fine character that comes with the German Shepherd. Brave, bold, stubborn at times, independant, funny, and still so extremely loyal to it's pack. I haven't had as much fun with human companions as I had with my German Shepherd and she has proven to be the most thrusthworthy of them all.

#223407 - 02/22/07 08:26 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: dragondancer]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
"Noble" is exactly the word that comes to mind when I think of German Shepherds! And the work they do for police amazes me always. I like cats and dogs equally as well and I can picture your big puppy racing through your house! I said somewhere else that my dog's favourite past time is waiting to bulldoze into the cats at full speed. I likened it to mini cow tipping.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#223408 - 02/22/07 08:32 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Wolf]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Heh, funny. I noticed 't is true how dogs and their owners grow to look alike after a while indeed, so after almost eight years of being together with a German Shepherd, I must have some features alike - though I often suspect the dogs take over aspects of their master as well.

Oh I agree with this definitely! I just replied to Dragondancer that German Shepherds are indeed a noble breed. I loved your description and comparisons. I had no idea how chatty they were though!

Quote:

It's size, intelligence and humour that I find mostly attractive, with the very fine character that comes with the German Shepherd. Brave, bold, stubborn at times, independant, funny, and still so extremely loyal to it's pack. I haven't had as much fun with human companions as I had with my German Shepherd and she has proven to be the most thrusthworthy of them all.

This was very eloquent. I know exactly what you mean about dogs being more trustworthy than humans. Thanks so much for sharing this!
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

#223409 - 02/28/07 10:35 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
JSBlack Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: South Wales
Well, I guess I'd be a dog that is well known from the area of England from where I originate. I'd be a long-tailed, blonde-haired super runt (proper scientific name: Jeez-didi-fucus). Not one for sucking on bones but will chase pussy until the cows come home. Woof, woof, grrrrrrrrr.

#223410 - 02/28/07 10:40 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
I'm a Doberman and my name is Loki

p.s. Beware the cuteness, I do bite

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#223411 - 02/28/07 01:08 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
Lazarus Offline

Loc: Sacramento, California
I am a Dachshund. I am short, and have a long weiner. My name is Vlad the Impaler, but of course I realize all that is way too much information.

Other characteristics include fierce loyalty while simultaneously thinking that I am better than everyone else around me, and always willing to stand up and fight for myself and those I love, no matter how big the other dog is.

#223412 - 02/28/07 03:04 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: JSBlack]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Well, I guess I'd be a dog that is well known from the area of England from where I originate. I'd be a long-tailed, blonde-haired super runt (proper scientific name: Jeez-didi-fucus). Not one for sucking on bones but will chase pussy until the cows come home. Woof, woof, grrrrrrrrr.

Are you up for adoption?

#223413 - 02/28/07 03:05 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Lazarus]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

I am a Dachshund. I am short, and have a long weiner. My name is Vlad the Impaler, but of course I realize all that is way too much information.

Long wiener.

You guessed right. Yuck.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#223414 - 02/28/07 03:05 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: JSBlack]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#223415 - 02/28/07 03:06 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: tekku]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

p.s. Beware the cuteness, I do bite

I laughed when I read this! This suits you perfectly! Very cute, very sharp bite.

#223416 - 02/28/07 06:19 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown

#223417 - 02/28/07 06:33 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
Alaskan Malamute.

I love this dog breed, one day I'll have one. I love the snow and so do they.

"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#223418 - 02/28/07 06:33 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

A huge scary rabid beast with a thing about paragraphs

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404436 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements