Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#223434 - 03/05/07 02:43 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Great Dane;
The Great Dane is an intelligent and affectionate dog. They can become very close and loyal to the family and close family friends that are frequent visitors.
They get on well with other dogs, household pets and children. They are ideally suited to the active family. They are quick to alert the family of any strangers approaching their territory, as they are excellent guard dogs, although they do not bark very much.

I own a Dane and she is the darn best dog I ever had. Being a tall guy myself I would look stupid with a smaller breed and the Dane character just suits me; very easygoing and curious to learn new things.
They look very intimidating but they are actually big lapdogs and make friends easily unless they really don't trust it.
If my dog does not like somebody I can assume that there really is something wrong. She alerted me a couple of times before and has been right every time.

#223435 - 03/05/07 02:55 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Grima]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I love Danes, I knew one in my childhood neighborhood. Very gentle. All of the kids on the street loved her but the parents, curiously, were the big scaredy cats. It was fun as a child walking up to a dog that was roughly my height.

Quote:

She alerted me a couple of times before and has been right every time.

My pekingese has done this twice. One time, it probably saved my life. Don't you love dogs?
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#223436 - 03/05/07 03:27 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Quote:

you know one of those spontaneous barking laughs

Yes. Yes I do...

#223437 - 03/05/07 03:36 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
I love Stewie! He is so cute.

I had to watch that video three times.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#223438 - 03/05/07 05:51 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Danny Mc.]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
After a little research this is what I've discovered so far. Alaskan Malamutes are a breed itself(that fits me well) as for the Siberian Husky. Alaskan Huskies are a mix of many different breeds.

#223439 - 03/06/07 01:55 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:

It was fun as a child walking up to a dog that was roughly my height.

Kids sure love her although they are always a bit disappointed when they find out they can't ride her.

#223440 - 03/07/07 11:30 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
uncivil_serpent Offline

Loc: alabama
Well I've been around and owned more Pit Bulls than anything. And they are very intellegent dogs. Great family dogs and good with kids, very territorial, and not very good with strangers. Simply put (cross the line and your ass is mine) type deal.

Hail Satan!
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [Nietzsche]

Hail Satan!

#408566 - 01/13/10 03:04 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I identify closely with Foxes, I am very fox-like in that I am monogomous, can be incredibly cunning, and not to mention I can mimic the movements of the fox. Hell, I am even working on a Fox-style martial art.

If we are talking domesticated gods, I mean, dogs, I would say the Pomeranian. Short, cute and mean as hell.

#408648 - 01/13/10 07:38 PM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
This one

#408829 - 01/15/10 05:51 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Originally Posted By: SomethingLikEvil
If we are talking domesticated gods, I mean, dogs, I would say the Pomeranian. Short, cute and mean as hell.

One of the adorable freaks at the kennel I work at is a dog-shaped hairball (I mean Pom). Dusty is a three-legged puffball of fierceness. He doesn't bother other little dogs but if a Big Dog comes 'round he lets loose a tirade-frenzy of barking obscenities like I've never heard before.

And he's not all bark, he takes after the big guys like he's going to eat them, hobbling just as fast as can be on all three little legs. Once, he frightened a (relatively) giant husky so bad the dog stopped right where he was and peed for ten full minutes. Dusty literally scared the piss out of him. Tough little bugger, impossible not to respect that kind of moxie. smile

Here's another classic of Pom cuteness: Spudgy. (After seeing this for the first time, I added "spudgy" to my personal dictionary as an adjective for extreme exhaustion. Believe me, I can relate.)

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#408832 - 01/15/10 06:45 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Dusty sounds lovely. Isn't it funny how often a small Dog can spook a very large Dog.

Spudgy is so cute! Thank you for posting.

I'm going to watch him for a third time.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#408833 - 01/15/10 06:51 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

Spudgy's too sweet... smile Didn't see this video before.
Thank you for sharing. smile

#408835 - 01/15/10 07:29 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I saw this clip of Spudgy on The Animal Planet channel. I couldn't get enough of it. This is something to brighten an animal lovers day!

#408845 - 01/15/10 09:12 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Shade]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
I saw an alcoholic doing the exact same thing outside a store in Molde the other day. It was four o'clock in the bloody afternoon.
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#408862 - 01/15/10 11:04 AM Re: What Kind of Dog Are You? [Re: Skjalandir]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I'd say I'm some kind of terrier---maybe a Scottie, or a Norwich? Small, resilient, and determined.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404447 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements