Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#22629 - 01/22/04 11:13 PM Re: How do I know? [Re: Felstorm]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't challenge the way you define Satanism I was trying to ask larger question? But you seem like it's a threat asking.

Why are you telling me to act like a lady or I will be out the door? Are you the boss in here? I thought it was Reverend Ventrue.

I won't read your posts anymore. You don't seem that smart, really. (You asked for it)

#22631 - 01/22/04 11:18 PM Re: Easy. [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't see how your reply is a direct answer to the point I made. Maybe you have a hard time to admit another has a point or to meet half way?

This isn't a competition.

#22632 - 01/22/04 11:18 PM Re: How do I know?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally, I have to say that finding SAtanism, Dr. LaVey, and the CoS at a very early age (13), one would expect that in ten years I would have had an itch or tickle of doubt, but nay, this is not the case. Once I had recognised so many aspects that I had already believed, already been employing (specifically Satanic witchery) I was overjoyed. I have never doubted either myself nor the organisation. The people who are questionable are almost if not always taken care of, shall we say, by those in charge of boards like this (although I cant think of another board this wonderful, thanks, Rev. Ventrue!) and in charge of the CoS . They leave only the cream of the crop. It's a beautiful thing, and true involvement is very rewarding. If you have doubt, I would suggest maybe finding something less wholly demanding of yourself.

#22633 - 01/22/04 11:21 PM Re: How do I know?
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Uh no. That wasn't my intention. I wasn't accusing you of behaving in that fashion, just making a general statement of my observations. It wasn't aimed at you as an attack on your character, per se.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#22634 - 01/22/04 11:23 PM Re: How do I know? [Re: Felstorm]
Anonymous
Unregistered

In Sweden we call that rowing backwards.

But I'll read your posts and see if you behave. If not I will knock the hat off your head.

#22635 - 01/22/04 11:24 PM Re: How do I know?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also, I think its important, vital, for us to question what we involve ourselves in. Otherwise we wouldnt be very intelligent people. Cheesy tho it sounds, follow your heart. If you are meant to be here, and with the CoS, you will be. But you shoud not need convincing. It should be a wholly personal decision, regardless of what anyone else thinks or says.

#22636 - 01/22/04 11:27 PM Re: How do I know?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not after convincing. I am after the experiences and insights of people who have been Satanists for longer than me.

And I know I was born, not made if I'm a Satanist. I mean people who have KNOWN they were a Satanist for longer time than me. I added this since it seems some love quibbling (right word?)

Yes, I agree to follow the heart. Reading The Satanic Bible was exciting. It just made so much sense to me, but my habit is to be very careful.

An example is that the Earth is round. I challenged it on the principle juts to be sure it was MY knowledge not just from being told. I thought about it. If the Earth is round and evolving and the stars are firm then the North Star should be lower when I was in a country far south from where I live. And it is!

Not advanced I know (I was 12), but that is how my thinking works, so even though I emotionally feel at home in the satanic Bible I am slow to just accept even though it is tempting. I hope this is appreciated.

#22638 - 01/22/04 11:47 PM Re: How do I know?
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
There is no doubt in Satanism. People from other religions have doubts about their gods all the time, that’s why they need "faith". Which is the ability to force themselves to believe in something they subconsciously know is fake.

But if you are a Satanist, YOU are the GOD of your religion!

Do you doubt yourself?

#22639 - 01/22/04 11:51 PM Re: How do I know? [Re: Old_Pig]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I doubt because I am a rationalist. That doesn't mean I'm not a Goddess of my own religion. I even have believers. Men. Haha.

#22640 - 01/23/04 07:47 PM Re: How do I know?
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:

I just think doubt is always also very healthy for the mind.

No, doubt is healthy for the body. Doubt in excess is unhealthy to the mind.

Confidence and self-esteem are healthy for the mind. If you had enough of either, there would be no need to post that question. Doubt serves the purpose of keeping things in check with your ego and leaving room for improvement.

Quote:

This is just my general attitude. I am very sceptic.

Do you always doubt your decisions? To me, that seems unhealthy to the mind (and the ego).

#22641 - 01/23/04 07:59 PM Re: How do I know? [Re: Scratch]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Read the other replies here, especially Bill M's. He gets it.

Thanks for the lecture. i asked for other people's experiences, not a review.

#22642 - 01/23/04 08:06 PM Re: How do I know? [Re: Roxxxadelic]
Scratch Offline

Tha_Pig said:
Quote:

People from other religions have doubts about their gods all the time, that's why they need "faith".

You know what? Quite frankly, I agree.

#22643 - 01/23/04 10:54 PM Re: How do I know?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree. I just got a copy of the Satanic Bible for my birthday, as well as a copy of the Satanic Witch. I really like them both. But, I am still not sure about all this satan stuff. There is so much information to wade through, how do you know what is real or not? Should you know right away if you are Satanic or not?

#22644 - 01/23/04 11:43 PM Re: How do I know?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Greetings Ms. Betty.
Quote:

But, I am still not sure about all this satan stuff. There is so much information to wade through, how do you know what is real or not? Should you know right away if you are Satanic or not?

If you have a copy of TSB, then you will have already answered your own quesion, as far as IF you are a Satanist, or not. Satanists are "born, not made." Read on, and you may understand.
How do YOU know what is real, or not real? If you don't "wade" through the information? I also belive that Satanism is about seeking understanding, and truth. If it's too much of an effort, then don't bother. Clearly, it's not for you. Should you be of the curious nature, then you will discover your answers, with a little research.
Question Everything. That's one of my motto's. But by questioning, don't close your mind to new information.
By the way, happy BD.

#22646 - 01/24/04 12:20 AM Re: How do I know?
Scratch Offline

Well it seems to me that what you need IS the review.

And yes, I did read the other posts...ALL of them. I agree with most of them, and part of that "review" was in agreement specifically with what Bill_M said. (The dear, he is far too sweet and patient.)

Now the point I'm going to TRY to make clear to you, (so help me) is that you don't need anyone to tell you whether you know or not.

You should be able to review you doubts on your own and decide on your own.

You don't need anyone to tell about their doubts, and you don't need anyone's reassurance.

i.e., your thread is pointless.

I will refrain from giving this thread any more of my time or energy as I may have already given it more than it's worth.

Thanks all, and goodbye. I will see you in the threads. (At least, one that is worth my time.)

Scratch is in "ignore" mode

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43649 Topics
404212 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements