Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#22647 - 01/24/04 01:28 AM Re: How do I know? [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

And lord knows I love them shit chip cookies!

#22648 - 01/24/04 04:27 AM Re: How do I know? [Re: Scratch]
Roxxxadelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
Hmmmm, usually when I experience doubt about something, it's due to the fact that I'm working with insufficient information, so when I experience doubt, I seek out further information before I make a decision.

I assume that is what Lillan is doing here, and it seems to me a rational course of action.

If she's looking for simple reassurance, as Aracely suggests, then I agree with Aracely, in that this forum is not a place to seek reassurance from others.

Now...did anyone want any of these delicious double-shit brownies I baked?

#22649 - 01/24/04 09:34 AM Re: How do I know?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you, kind gentleman. "Question Everything" I shall remember that.

#22650 - 01/24/04 09:35 AM Re: How do I know? [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I must admit, that I haven't read both books all the way through. I just got them a couple of days ago. And, yes, as you say chocolate "shit" is good!

#22651 - 01/27/04 12:09 PM Re: How do I know? [Re: Scratch]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
No, doubt is healthy for the body. Doubt in excess is unhealthy to the mind.

Yup, all things in moderation.

You need enough doubt in order to know how to peek behind the curtain and see flaws, but you need enough hope and optimism to keep moving forward and to take important risks.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#22652 - 01/27/04 07:19 PM Re: How do I know? [Re: TrojZyr]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I have this proverb I like to say whenever I get into Monk mode.

"Have faith in the heart, and logic in the dust."

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#22653 - 01/27/04 10:18 PM Re: How do I know?
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I would think doubt is more healthy than not. If not for doubt, there would be no truth. Doubt is required for mental emancipation. That's why I doubt everything most people tell me, because most of the time, they are either trying to manipulate me, or they heard it from somebody else who made it up. There is very little useful knowledge on the verbal grapevine. Doubt everything that can not be proved. In science, it is false until proven a truth. Never doubt yourself though, that is unhealthy. Doubt of the self leads to depression. I trust myself and very few others. This may not be the way to live for others, but this is the way that has worked for me. By the way, Coop rules.

#22654 - 01/28/04 04:37 AM Re: How do I know? [Re: Insurgent]
Roxxxadelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
Quote:

"Have faith in the heart, and logic in the dust."

I like my monks to phrase it as follows:
"Have faith in the heart, logic in the dust, and creativity between the sheets"

#22655 - 01/28/04 06:46 AM Re: How do I know?
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
You need some herbal tea.

No caffeine! None! Its BAD for you!

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#22656 - 01/28/04 08:46 AM Re: How do I know? [Re: Roxxxadelic]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I like that even better. *laughs*

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#22657 - 01/28/04 09:34 AM Re: How do I know?
Bumbly3 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Midlands UK
I doubted for a short while. Then I realised that I was letting the opinions of others, whom only knew me from a few postings, to dictate to me. I took myself away re-read the Satanic Bible plus other works by Anton LaVey and other high ranking COS members. I re-examined my views, my life and my expectation for myself. It became crystal clear. I was born Satanic, I am a Satanist.

Looking back I made it harder for myself to be accepted by some. That was totally my fault not theirs. However some of those who questioned my Satanic self have turned out to be nothing more than pseudo satanist and have long since dissappeared from this forum. Others, whom I have great respect for, may still doubt. That is up to them.

#22658 - 01/29/04 02:47 AM Re: How do I know?
Spitt Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
I should probably be skinned alive for not remembering who I'm about to quote, but Somebody in the CoS has accurately pointed out that: "If there is any doubt, then there is no doubt." I'll admit that not every little thing goes my way whether I use lesser or greater magic, but that's hardly cause for doubt.

#22659 - 01/29/04 10:17 AM Re: How do I know? [Re: Spitt]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA

#22660 - 01/29/04 09:47 PM Re: How do I know? [Re: Spitt]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, this girl may just be wisely cautious. She's new to this and apparently reacted with self-recognition upon reading The Satanic Bible, so I'd say she is likely a Satanist.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405237 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements