Topic Options
#226621 - 03/08/07 04:30 AM Question about a chant/prayer, maybe you know something?
Brotus_Heimdal Offline

Loc: Danmark
Well, besides my introduction, this is my first post here so:
Hello, i salute you (but who cares, right?). Now that we have that out of the way, here is my question.

I am currently re-typing a couple of old danish newspaper articles 1973 about a satanic coven that existed in Denmark in the 70's.(i am doing this as a favor to a danish organization of satanists, because they helped me find the original articles) The articles are in so bad shape that it is almost impossible to read them, so some places of the text is really hard to make out if one does not know the words in question. Anyway in one of the articles it is mentioned that the coven uses a prayer in their ritual, and it is this prayer i am having trouble identifying. It looks like it says something like "Noinedi Inferno" in the article text, but i have never heard of a chant/prayer of that name, or anything close to it.Of course i do not expect any of you to know what i am talking about, but it is worth a shot. The reason i ask this question here, is that the danish coven in the 70's, where largely inspired by Anton Szandor Lavey. The leader of the coven (a young woman named Gittan) was apparently corresponding with Anton back then, and she said she had been appointed to lead the first danish Church of Satan.(apparently she died a couple of years after the articles were written,the coven dissolved and so the church never became a reality).Anyway, i suspect that since the coven was so inspired by the satanic wave of Lavey (Gittan denounced christianity in the year 1966), maybe members of CoS could identify the chant. I do not know all satanic prayers,chants ect. And it matters very little, the name of the chant is not critically important in regard to the article, but i myself am curious and so i ask.
NOINEDI(?) INFERNO/INFERNAL(?)
Do you know what prayer it could possible be?

#226622 - 03/08/07 09:33 PM First things first, [Re: Brotus_Heimdal]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

i am doing this as a favor to a danish organization of satanists, because they helped me find the original articles

Are they members of the Church of Satan?

#226623 - 03/09/07 05:07 AM Re: First things first, [Re: Nemo]
Brotus_Heimdal Offline

No, i dont think so. It is more like a forum (not just internet, but also in real life) where danish satanists can meet and exchange thoughts and interests. Im not a member (lets not get into why), so i really do not know that much of the organization. But it is a rather professional organization, unlike many other so-called satanic forums around (Obviously i dont mean CoS, they are very professional). I know that many of the members (danish satanists) look up to Lavey, the first issue of their Bullitin, released yr XXXIII A.S was an ode to Lavey, following his departure from this world. Anyway, they have a big archive of information on danish satanism (interviews/articles ect.). I asked them about some information on the Gittan coven and they sent me the old articles. Directly it has nothing to do with CoS, but indirectly the old coven discribed in the article seems to have been strongly inspired by Lavey. The new danish organization is just what is named a "Satanisk Forum", nothing more nothing less. Upon closer examination the Bullitin states that, they fully suport CoS, Anton Lavey and the philosophy descriped in "The Satanic Bible". But really i do not know of the ties between the two organizations.

The reason i posted the question in this topic is that the old coven seems to have sprung directly from Lavey, and so maybe older members will know something about it.(the prayer, ?noinedi inferno?).Obviously no one knows if Gittan really spoke with Lavey as much as stated, but if so maybe CoS members will reconize the chant in question. But again, it is just out of my own curiosity i ask.

Edited by Brotus_Heimdal (03/09/07 05:15 AM)

#226624 - 03/09/07 08:03 AM Re: First things first, [Re: Brotus_Heimdal]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Another pseudo-satanic group pitching bullshit.

What a shock.

If they "fully supported" the CoS the would be affiliated.

If they aren't talking out both sides of their mouth now, they will be shortly.

"We support the CoS" + "The CoS are big meanies" = Every pseudosatanist "group" on the Internet.

...the term "group" in these cases invariably means Chatroom, Forum, or Myspace profile.

Edited by Svengali (03/09/07 08:04 AM)
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#226625 - 03/09/07 11:21 AM Re: First things first, [Re: Svengali]
Brotus_Heimdal Offline

Quote:

Another pseudo-satanic group pitching bullshit.

Hmmmm.... This has left me wondering.
So, are you saying that you all satanist worldwide are pitching bullshit if they are not directly in contact with CoS?. I fail to see how affiliation with the CoS, will change the value of the sh#t one is pitching. Why does a information/communication station for danish satanists need to affiliate? It evolves around satanism in denmark, not the rest of the world. I know that the CoS consider themselves an authority on satanism, but hardly to a degree where all that do not join are shunned?( i mean no disrespect, im just aksing what you think?)

#226626 - 03/09/07 01:38 PM Re: First things first, [Re: Brotus_Heimdal]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Call it quality control.

You asked about "chants or prayers" that some random self-proclaimed satanist refered to. None of that has anything to do with us, except the flakes call themselves "satanists" and the media uncritically passes it on. Experience has demonstrated that most (or all) of these types are flakes and losers.

Therefore, while they or anyone else unaffiliated might not be overtly "shunned", they are definately suspect until they prove themselves. None ever do. It's like a bad rerun of a poorly written sitcom that no one really wants to watch again for the 100th time.

We don't pitch "bullshit."
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini

#226627 - 03/09/07 04:26 PM Re: First things first, [Re: Svengali]
Brotus_Heimdal Offline

Quote:

None of that has anything to do with us, except the flakes call themselves "satanists"

I fully agree with you. The only reason i ask about that prayer here is that back in the 70's, there where really little other inspiration sources for satanism than CoS, so maybe someone would know what it was. But seeing how i am not even sure about the name there is little chance of anyone identifying it. It could have come from anywhere really, i have no idea.

#226628 - 03/09/07 08:18 PM Demonstrating one's loyalties. [Re: Brotus_Heimdal]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

So, are you saying that ... all satanist worldwide are pitching bullshit if they are not directly in contact with CoS?.

Yes I am.

If someone is so serious about Satanism as to start a Satanic organization then he will demonstrate that fact by also choosing to affiliate with the fountainhead of the religion.

If someone forms a "Satanic" organizations but does not choose to affiliate with the Church of Satan then that only means one thing - they have a problem with fundamental Satanic doctrine.

There is no other possibility.

Oh.

I forgot.

If someone says they can't afford to join because they are impoverished then they really shouldn't.

Poor people should go to the Christian churches where they can get charity.

We are not into giving to the poor.

Quote:

I fail to see how affiliation with the CoS, will change the value of the sh#t one is pitching.

Why would someone willfully choose not to affiliate?

Quote:

Why does a information/communication station for danish satanists need to affiliate?

Why should they not want to?

Quote:

It evolves around satanism in denmark, not the rest of the world.

We are the Church of Satan.

This is the worldwide source for the Satanic religion.

If an organizaton wishes to promote Satanism in Denmark or New Zealand or Borneo they will benefit by affiliating with the Church of Satan because:

1. They demonstrate that they agree with the basics of real Satanism by doing so (and others then do not have to ask these kinds of questions to find out what they really stand for).

2. They gain networking assistance from fellow COS members who would like to see them succeed!

3. They gain public credibility for their organization by affiliation with the worldside source of Satanism.

Quote:

I know that the CoS consider themselves an authority on satanism, but hardly to a degree where all that do not join are shunned?

Why should I not shun those who would assume that the Church of Satan is not THE "authority", source, and sustainer of Satanism?

This is what we are - the real Satanists.

Those who start other organizations and are not affiliated are not Satanists.

They are pseudo-Satanists.

Now I have just one question for you.

Are you open to ever joining the Church of Satan or not?

Because if you are not then I have nothing further to say to you.

I do not care if you ever actually do join or not.

But are you open to the idea or not?

Where do your loyalties lie?

#226629 - 03/10/07 01:48 AM Re: Demonstrating one's loyalties. [Re: Nemo]
Brotus_Heimdal Offline

Quote:

Where do your loyalties lie?

My loyalties lie with mine, i do not care if they are poor or CoS, or any other organization for that matter.I am afraid we have little more to discuss, i can not rule out that i could one day wish to join, but as it is, i can give no other answer. We are simply not of the same. The thing i have enjoyed so far on this board is peoples honesty, they are not afraid to speak their mind, and then so must i. I have no ill feelings towards the CoS in any way, i just simply do not agree with you that other kinds of satanism are wrong. In respect for your membership i will withdraw from the discussion, it would be silly of me to join a board full of CoS members just to fight with them over their beliefs, this is your zone so i will not argue more.

#226630 - 03/10/07 03:00 AM Re: Demonstrating one's loyalties. [Re: Brotus_Heimdal]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

We are simply not of the same. .... i just simply do not agree with you that other kinds of satanism are wrong.

And there you have it.

There is no Satanism other than that represented by the Church of Satan.

"Other kinds of Satanism" is invariably an euphemism for:

A. Sincere belief in a non-existent deity.
B. Illegal activity.
C. An incoherent mish-mash of occultnick bullshit.
D. They can't afford to affiliate.

A, B, and C = NOT Satanism.

Of the above, D. is the only acceptable excuse, except when they try to set up some online cheapskate club touting themselves as "better than the CoS." Then it is more ridiculous than annoying.

Anyone who does not understand the difference is too stupid to be anything but a liability.

Adios.

#226631 - 03/10/07 06:20 PM Thank you and good bye. [Re: Brotus_Heimdal]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

i just simply do not agree with you that other kinds of satanism are wrong.

They are.

You are.

Good bye.

Forum Stats
12152 Members
73 Forums
43916 Topics
405728 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements