Topic Options
#227363 - 03/11/07 04:26 PM YouTube Embedded Videos
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
I know other users here have placed embedded YouTube videos in a post, but I cannot get anything to display except the raw code.

Is there some trick to using the YouTube embed source code with UBB in a post?
It says "HTML is enabled," but HTML code doesn't seem to work when I use it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#227364 - 03/11/07 04:47 PM Re: YouTube Embedded Videos [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

In the drop down box marked "Make post", make sure you have either "using HTML" or "using HTML and UBBCode" selected.
Prevention of Virtue

#227365 - 03/11/07 06:44 PM Re: YouTube Embedded Videos [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
ABZU Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Oregon
Quote someone’s post that has a video, cut and paste the section of code, replace the http with yours, change the drop down.

Church of Satan

"As I have stated, the paradox where more people are "talking" dark forces up, down, and sideways, but fewer than ever are actually living as night people, provokes speculation. The moral here is that when everybody's talking, very few are doing. More time is spent comparing notes with aficionados than in enjoying the hobby per se."
A.S.L. / T.D.N.

#227366 - 03/11/07 11:58 PM Re: YouTube Embedded Videos [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Great. Thanks for the walk-through, guys!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#227367 - 03/31/07 09:08 PM Re: YouTube Embedded Videos [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
I have noticed that when editing a post there is no drop down box to select "using HTML" ect. Thus it causes HTML not to work after editing a post, in which the HTML for the post did previously work.

#227368 - 03/31/07 11:42 PM Re: YouTube Embedded Videos [Re: DataLore]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Known problem. I suppose it will be corrected one of these days.

So for now, make sure your HTML posts are done correctly the first time.

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements