Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#227447 - 03/12/07 02:48 AM I Don't Like Kids.... But....
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I don’t like kids.

Now wait, before you stone me let me tell you why. They terrify me.

Kids like me. I don’t know why. Maybe I amuse them on some level. I tip toe around them and wait for their heads to spin around. It’s like the person who is afraid of or dislikes dogs getting all of the dog’s attention. Friends have handed me their babies with the … assumption that “She woman – She like babies”. Um, No. Sorry friends. Babies especially freak me out. I hold them at arm’s length like they are contagious and have a total panic attack until “Mom” takes them back. But at least babies can’t talk. When we get to the talking age I am running for cover. You want to know what? What just came out of your mouth? Are you from this planet? Whoa! I throw my hands up in surrender before they pummel me with Play-Doh.

So kids weird me out. Not the biggest kid fan here. But tell me a story about a child being hurt? I break down. In a bad bad way. It’s the strangest thing. I am admittedly not particularly fond of them. Or rather just extremely uncomfortable in their presence. But when faced with a crime against a child I suddenly become their advocate.

When I was first thinking about my career path I thought I wanted to be a forensic pathologist. I befriended a lady ME and she was patient enough to pass on case reports and talk to me. She knew straight away I wasn’t cut out for this job. But she let me figure it out on my own. She showed me autopsy reports of gang shootings, drunk driving victims, even “floaters”. I was ok with all of that. But the first … and only… report I saw of a child who died by neglect, abuse, and malnutrition… I folded. I cried... like a baby.

Don’t expect me to goo goo ga ga over your screaming kids at a supermarket or theatre. But I will watch out for their safety. Don’t ask me why. And I’m serious – don’t. Because given the choice of the company of the little A.D.D chap on my old block who would yack at me for hours about the squirrels in his back yard while I was just trying to retrieve my mail or some adults… I’d always choose young hypersped Henry, despite the migraine he repeatedly gave me. I can't explain that.

Don’t mess with kids... *Shade puts on her Meanie face and crosses her arms over her chest* - Or you’re messin’ with me.

(I have a regular run down of internet news sites I read daily and I read one too many reports today of the most freakishly hideous heinous child abuse. I had to vent).
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

I Live In A Trailer Park

#227448 - 03/12/07 03:11 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I can understand your ironic situation.

Kids will always be kids and whether it be the precociousness in some that bothers us or simply the fact that we don't know what to do in their presence. Im totally against the harm or abuse of a child and so should all of us but we shouldn't let the 'disciplining' of a child get mixed up with some form of abuse.

Sorry for going off on a tangent here but the discipline vs child abuse issue has been an issue here in recent times and thought id slot it in here.

Although you may not be fond of kids yet feel for them in a time of need must be due to the fact that they (kids) haven't reached their stage of 'loss of innocence'?

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#227449 - 03/12/07 03:27 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Noordenzuid]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Although you may not be fond of kids yet feel for them in a time of need must be due to the fact that they (kids) haven't reached their stage of 'loss of innocence'?

Sorry, my what situation?

My post had nothing to do with the difference between discipline and abuse.

The examples of abuse I was reading today were not open to interpretation. The mother of a five year old wondering if her daughter has an STD is not a case of misinterpreted discipline.

Yes, I feel for kids. Children are exempt from my contempt because they lack maturity, experience, time, and to some degree accountability. If, when they get older, they turn into assholes.... Fine. Then I will hate them without reserve. Until then, they have my unconditional support. I can't say that about a single other group of people.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

I Live In A Trailer Park

#227450 - 03/12/07 03:43 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Last paragraph, well said and couldn't agree with you more.

Sorry, shoudlve started a separate post re: Discipline.

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#227451 - 03/12/07 03:44 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Quote:

Kids like me. I don’t know why. Maybe I amuse them on some level. I tip toe around them and wait for their heads to spin around.

I LIKE YOU!...But then I'm just a big kid anyway.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I do. I used to be exactly the same.Honestly Then something happened to me and lo and behold I was never the same again. What happened? I became a mother.

As for the child abuse issues you mention I am again in complete agreement naturally.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#227452 - 03/12/07 03:51 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Noordenzuid]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

It's a worthy topic and frankly something that has been covered here before. I understand where you are coming from... and appreciate that you understand that is not what I am talking about.

I Live In A Trailer Park

#227453 - 03/12/07 03:59 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: gypsy]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

*Shade collapses with relief* ... No, I mean seriously.

I know and respect alot of mothers and fathers on this board (Ms. Gypsy you will always command my respect for raising such fine boys!) and was nervous about posting this. I am so glad you saw the true meaning of my post and that you were not offended.

Who wouldn't want to protect children? I mean aside from the sicko freaks who deserve to have their kneecaps shot off...by me. (she said with a pretty little smile).

I Live In A Trailer Park

#227454 - 03/12/07 04:42 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
I never want kids, I do like them, but I got no need to have any myself, it's been a problem in some of the relationships I have had, because my partner wanted kids, and I didn't. I have left both females and males because they couldn't stop talking about kids all the time, I use to find it so annoying, but now I just ignore it, and leave them if they can't accept the fact that I don't want kids.

- I want to take care of animals instead, so that's what I do!

#227455 - 03/12/07 06:29 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

Sounds like rather compulsive behaviour. A sort of phobia. Have you ever had anyone professional investigate this irrational aversion? It seems to be a significant step above just not having a parental instinct or willingness/ability to relate to children.

#227456 - 03/12/07 07:14 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Wile_E_Quixote]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

My ex girlfriend had a full blown phobia of babies- she used to panic if one came near her and used to avoid situations in which she might come into contact with one.
She ended up being sterilized as soon as her doctor would allow it (when she reached the age of 21)
Very strange.
I admit I don't really like holding babies, and have never wanted kids, but I share your revulsion when I hear about something bad happening to one.

#227457 - 03/12/07 08:27 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Rafiq Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Idaho
Quote:

But the first … and only… report I saw of a child who died by neglect, abuse, and malnutrition… I folded. I cried... like a baby.

This is one reason why I will always believe in the death penalty. Some people just flat out deserve to die for the things they have done.

#227458 - 03/12/07 09:23 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Torquemada Offline

Loc: Spain&UK
I hate kids too. Long life to Herod the Great¡¡¡¡¡

Best,

Torquemada

#227459 - 03/12/07 09:38 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
YaeK Offline

Loc: Portugal
Strangely, I can seriously relate to that

On one hand I am extremely protective of kids, and am convinced that, should I witness abuse of a child, I'd grow claws and fangs to destroy the bastard responsible

On the other hand, with my little cousins for example, I'm always feeling awkward and so clueless on what to do, I feel almost pathetic. I try to treat them like they were grown-ups in a desperate attempt to deal with them, and am not exactly the greatest source of fun... yet they always come asking me to play to them.

And some kids, though not all, really do just freak me out. I feel they could attack me at any second, with their big eyes and drooly mouths
Gorgeous, angelic, quiet kids don't bother me as much, for some reason.

#227460 - 03/12/07 09:59 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: LightAngel]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

- I want to take care of animals instead, so that's what I do!

Same here! But despite not having kids, I still can't stand some of the things I read about. What people are capable of never ceases to amaze and horrify me.

I Live In A Trailer Park

#227461 - 03/12/07 10:04 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Wile_E_Quixote]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Yes, yes actually, I have. Same said professional said I had a serious case of sarcasm, a tendency to exagerrate just about everything and a dangerous inability to take myself too seriously. He then told me about the surgery available to remove my tongue from my cheek. I politely declined. Although tongue-in-cheek-itis does make it difficult to give a decent blow job sometimes.

Thanks for the concern.

I Live In A Trailer Park

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12011 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405203 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements