Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#227462 - 03/12/07 10:07 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Doctor_Beat]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Quote:

My ex girlfriend had a full blown phobia of babies- she used to panic if one came near her and used to avoid situations in which she might come into contact with one.
She ended up being sterilized as soon as her doctor would allow it (when she reached the age of 21)
Very strange.

Whoa. Ok, I am not that freaked out about kids.

Quote:

I admit I don't really like holding babies, and have never wanted kids, but I share your revulsion when I hear about something bad happening to one.

Revulsion - that is the word I was looking for earlier! Exactly!
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#227463 - 03/12/07 10:07 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
ThaDeej Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Greenville, SC
I don't have a phobia; however, I don't much care for holding another person's infant. First and foremost, the notion of holding said child is presented as more of an "obligation" than a choice. My question is always, why. If I wanted to hold the baby, I'd ask.

I tend to fare well with children. I think mainly because I am a kid at heart. Their imagination is something I adore. They dream and speak of their dreams as if they believe them to be real or attainable. That's magical in My eyes. But the best part is, when I grow tiresome of the kid I can walk away or avert its attention to its parent.

As most Others have stated, I too hate to hear of children being harmed, neglected or otherwise mistreated.

www.vampiretemple.com

#227464 - 03/12/07 10:33 AM Re: Lex Talionis! [Re: Shade]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis

#227465 - 03/12/07 10:41 AM Re: Lex Talionis! [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

#227466 - 03/12/07 10:41 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Rafiq]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

This is one reason why I will always believe in the death penalty. Some people just flat out deserve to die for the things they have done.

Exactly, it actually makes me wish there was a penalty worse than death.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

#227467 - 03/12/07 10:44 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: YaeK]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

On one hand I am extremely protective of kids, and am convinced that, should I witness abuse of a child, I'd grow claws and fangs to destroy the bastard responsible

I love the image of growing claws and fangs to destroy! Very nice!

Quote:

And some kids, though not all, really do just freak me out. I feel they could attack me at any second, with their big eyes and drooly mouths
Gorgeous, angelic, quiet kids don't bother me as much, for some reason.

This made me chuckle! A kind of Children of the Corn thing. Frankly, though, adults with big eyes and drooly mouths freak me out more.

#227468 - 03/12/07 10:46 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Torquemada]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I hate kids too. Long life to Herod the Great¡¡¡¡¡

Best,

Torquemada

Haha! You devil!

#227469 - 03/12/07 10:54 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: ThaDeej]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

I knew no one here was going to say they sanctioned child abuse.

I just thought it was interesting that despite my lack of kid-savviness I do value their innocence.

#227470 - 03/12/07 10:55 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
YaeK Offline

Loc: Portugal
Quote:

Frankly, though, adults with big eyes and drooly mouths freak me out more.

You just may have a point there
Although children are smaller... which is, in my humble opinion, part of makes many of them often creepier.

#227471 - 03/12/07 10:57 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I am not a kid lover. I was, however, a fantastic babysitter.

It's a little funny to me how many people are afraid of touching children because, after a decade as a nanny, I've held hundreds of kids. If there's a substance that can come out of a kid -blood, urine, scat, vomit, spit, tears, sweat- I've had it on me. They just gush fluids those little buggers. Never wear your good clothes around them.

I wouldn't say I like kids overall, although I did come to love a few of the ones I was in charge of, and they, in turn, loved me. What I do like is playing. Most of the families I worked for long term were very open to my style of discipline. You listen to my strict, unbending rules, and if you do, we will play the best, most fun, creative, and active games we can think up. Kept it interesting for all involved.

I'm semi-retired from that job now though. I was severely running out of patience to break in new kids and it pays peanuts.

Kids are hard work. Even the most well-intended parents will have their limits tested often. It's my personal opinion that if people really understood just how difficult parenting can, they wouldn't do it. But no matter how hard it is, abuse is unacceptable. And I, the master of her emotions, will cry when I hear kids in the ER screaming at even a small cut. It resonates in a deeply primal part of me.

#227472 - 03/12/07 10:58 AM Re: Lex Talionis! [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I love my offspring.

So this recently uncovered local horror story makes me more than just sick!

A baby killing babies. This was the kind of story I read yesterday that sparked my rant. Pure horror.

#227473 - 03/12/07 11:11 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
I am unashamedly childfree. People can call me guilty of using a modern euphamism like "childfree", but I do find it to be more accurate than "childless", as the latter implies I'm somehow missing something that I should have. Furthermore, the term "childfree" often additionally describes somebody who has come to the conclusion to never have children. I've given both sides of the issue a lot of thought, and after weighing pros and cons, have come to the conclusion that parenting is not for me.

Some people assume that because I'm childfree, that I'm somebody who hates children. That's not true. In my experience, children are like any other individuals: I get along with some, and others drive me nuts. Some are interesting and smart, and some are annoying and do some seriously dumb things. And even then, most of the time the annoyance factor comes from the parents being irresponsible assholes, who for example will let their kids run around and wreck havoc on a restaurant without saying anything.

If there's any related group I "hate", its these parents. Not all parents, but the ones that let let parenthood define their entire lives. The "soccer mom" and "super dad" types, I call them. I've noticed that most of these parents who have no life outside of parenting, were usually boring, untalented, hobbyless shut-ins who had no life BEFORE parenting either. I'm glad that my parents found a way to both make time for me and for each other too. They were far from neglectant, but they certainly had a life outside of parenting too.

Usually upon finding that I'm childfree, the annoying "soccer mom"/"super dad" parent types get preachy on me. I don't know who's worse, the mothers or the fathers. "Oh, I used to say the same thing, but then I had my kind and..." I swear their passive-aggressive attacks are rooted in some kind of envy for me being single, or their own self-deceit to cover up their regrets of becoming a parent. The parents who seem secure in their decision seem just fine with my own decision, and don't get defensive.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#227474 - 03/12/07 11:35 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
ThaDeej Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Greenville, SC
But of course.

www.vampiretemple.com

#227475 - 03/12/07 11:41 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
Extended periods of physical torture is much better than death in my opinion. I loathe wife beaters and child abusers.

#227476 - 03/12/07 12:49 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Quote:

Quote:

- I want to take care of animals instead, so that's what I do!

Same here! But despite not having kids, I still can't stand some of the things I read about. What people are capable of never ceases to amaze and horrify me.

If it didn't then I think you would be dead inside, however we all have to put up some kind of defence mechanism or we will be pulled down by it

I do my best to stop animal, and child abuse when I see it, that's all I can do.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404435 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements