Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#227492 - 03/13/07 09:07 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel

Children are amazing things, really. Their naÔve, magical, un-tainted mentality is just beautiful.

But they can be the most incredible pain in the assÖ
especially in groups.
Then they become vicious.

I never really liked being around kids. Not even when I was a kid.
And the idea of being a mom freaks me out.
Than againÖ I just might consider the possibility of having one sometime in the far (far) future.

#227493 - 03/13/07 09:12 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Zaftig]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

It is a strange type of biological hard-wiring that gives you the urge to wipe your nose on the stomachs of young children, ma'am. May I suggest a hankerchief in future? Its far less anti-social.

#227494 - 03/13/07 10:25 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

I never was really keen on the idea of having kids. I had always felt a little awkward around them. My wife wanted kids, I didnít really. Then she got pregnant (yes we were using protection against that, it can still happen). My perspective has changed some since then.

I still donít care for other peoples kids as a general rule (there are one or two exceptions), but with my own it is completely different. There is a bond there that is fairly difficult to put into words. I know it sounds corny, but I didnít know that I could love anyone the way that I love my daughter until she was born. I am closer to her than anyone else on the planet. Itís weird. I suppose itís a paternal instinct thing.

I enjoy playing with my daughter, being silly, teaching her, watching her grow and all of that stuff. But I donít get that way with anyone elseís kid. And babies really get under my skin. My wife ran an in-home daycare for a bit (all infants); I couldnít stand to be around them for more than a minute.

Now that I have some experience in raising a child and dealing with temper tantrums and whatnot I am always amused when a kid throws a fit in public. Not amused by the child or their behavior, but with everyoneís reactions to it. I can look around and tell who has kids and who doesnít and itís really funny to me. Almost every child is going to throw a fit in public at least a couple of times. It is their way of testing the boundaries and is part of the learning process. What is important is how the parent(s) responds to the situation. Some kids are faster learners than others (and some parents better teachers).

If the parent is handling it badly, that pisses me the fuck off though. Thatís an entirely different story. And as far as abuse and neglect, inexcusable, and as far as I am concerned the worst kind of scum. I could not deal with reading about child abuse on a regular basis, Iíd be upset constantly.

The Temple | The Elite

#227495 - 03/13/07 01:29 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: dckegel]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Clowns scare Me. Always have. Always will.

Who pray tell are you? I only ask because I saw no introduction, and I only have your hideous picture to go by.... (again, clowns scare Me).

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#227496 - 03/13/07 04:40 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I donít really care for other peoples children. I love my own, but other peoples kids tend to act like miniature versions of their parents: stupid and obnoxious. I like babies though. I always make faces at them when Iím at the store, just to make them laugh. That always puts a smile on my face. I even like ugly babies. Theyíre still cute, just in a dorky way.

#227497 - 03/13/07 09:28 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

I'm not less of a woman because I don't bear children, just different.

Yes, exactly. That is a great way to put it, and to put in their place all those in your face women who think that just because you have the double x's you necessarily are mother material. That somehow you are missing out if you don't procreate. Poppycock. Life is what you make it, with or without children.

I am on my second go around being a mom. Much like many of the others around here I love my children, but really can't stand other people's. I have never had any desire to work with children in any capacity and the one stint I did at a college day care I hated. Passionately.

I am comfortable around them, I know what to do with them and how to handle them, I simply don't like them. I much prefer adult company, unless it is my own child.

While I too am a soccer mom by default, like you Bruja I have very little in common with any of the other parents. They all look at me rather askance, giving me wide berth whenever I attend one of my daughter's games. I prefer it that way. I abhor the small talk and petty squabbling that goes on.

As to the question of child abuse, well there really is no question at all. Obviously the abuse of a child in any of its forms is the lowest type of criminality there is. Even other criminals will shun a child abuser.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#227498 - 03/13/07 09:54 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

The unrequitable rage would me mine if I kept reading such articles. That is, there is little useful that I can do about it, hence the unrequitable bit.

There is no doubt in my mind that the poison of abuse is multi generational, learned by modeling.

#227499 - 03/14/07 08:54 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:

I remember being at work in a meeting. Probably half a dozen girls in our office were pregnant at the time. One of the senior staff accountant ladies said to me (loudly), "So, how many children do you have?".

Ugh, I've overheard many conversations like that in the office over the years. I've seen it so many times, with 5 women sitting at the lunch table, and after sentence after sentence starting with the words "My hubby..." or "Let me tell you what little Joey did today!", the eyes eventually turn to that woman and the "So, when are YOU going to have kids?" line comes out. I really think its pathetic. Not just how these women can't shut up about parenting, but how they toss around these questions with such a bogus playful attitude, when the question can feel just as private an awkard as "So, how do YOU wipe your ass?"

This isn't to say that men are never pressured to have kids. There's the whole bullshit notion of "having your family name live on", especially if it's a last name hardly anybody has ever heard before, along with the same old pro-child arguments that apply equally to both sexes ("Who's going to take care of you when you're old?", "Who's going to make me a grandparent?", "You have money, you're smart, and you're a responsible person, therefore you need to make offspring" etc.). But I DO see much more women getting that pressure from co-workers, family members especially, and supposed "friends".

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#227500 - 03/14/07 12:50 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: dragondancer]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:

While I too am a soccer mom by default, like you Bruja I have very little in common with any of the other parents. They all look at me rather askance, giving me wide berth whenever I attend one of my daughter's games. I prefer it that way. I abhor the small talk and petty squabbling that goes on.

Heh, I hear you.

Once they realize that I don't play the "role" on the sidelines with them, they too tend to look at me with suspicion (much more so from the mothers, the dads are usually fine).

Thankfully, this usually gives me plenty of personal space, so it's fine with me.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#227501 - 03/14/07 10:03 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Callier Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: On my grind
I think kids are awesome.

Yesterday in Hollywood, I was walking down a random street when suddenly I was approaching a woman with a couple of three year olds playing on the sidewalk.

As soon as I passed by, one of the kids just crept up and gave me a big hug. It really made my day.

HS!

#227502 - 03/15/07 12:18 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
dckegel Offline

Loc: DC
To clarify, my response was not intended to imply superiority for parenting types vs. those who'd rather not. It's natural that people are produced with different inclinations. However, it is true that some who do engage in that role of parent do enjoy and benefit from the experience. BECAUSE they are so inclined. Not every parent is "jealous" of the non-parent. In fact, isn't envy the mark of the non-satanist?

#227503 - 03/15/07 12:37 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: dckegel]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

In fact, isn't envy the mark of the non-satanist?

No, envy is not the mark of the non-Satanist. It is PERFECTLY normal to ENVY as this makes one work harder for something they wish to obtain.

I will remind you of the 8th Satanic Statement which clearly states:

"Satan represents ALL of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!"

The Satanic Bible page 25.

Once again, who are you ?

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#227504 - 03/15/07 02:18 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Callier]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Quote:

As soon as I passed by, one of the kids just crept up and gave me a big hug.

So have you still got your wallet?

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#227505 - 03/15/07 02:38 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Callier]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: In transit
I think I just got diabetes.

No seriously, I envy you. That little incident probably would have sent me into anaphylactic shock.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us Ė all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

ďUp where the smoke is all billered and curled
'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
When there's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light" ~ The New Christy Minstrels

#227506 - 03/15/07 02:44 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: dckegel]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: In transit
I understood your post and was not offended by it. What Evil_Eve keeps hinting at, mate, is that we have not seen your introduction in the Intros forum. Some of us are disinclined to converse with strangers.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us Ė all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

ďUp where the smoke is all billered and curled
'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
When there's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light" ~ The New Christy Minstrels

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43648 Topics
404207 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements