Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#227447 - 03/12/07 02:48 AM I Don't Like Kids.... But....
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I don’t like kids.

Now wait, before you stone me let me tell you why. They terrify me.

Kids like me. I don’t know why. Maybe I amuse them on some level. I tip toe around them and wait for their heads to spin around. It’s like the person who is afraid of or dislikes dogs getting all of the dog’s attention. Friends have handed me their babies with the … assumption that “She woman – She like babies”. Um, No. Sorry friends. Babies especially freak me out. I hold them at arm’s length like they are contagious and have a total panic attack until “Mom” takes them back. But at least babies can’t talk. When we get to the talking age I am running for cover. You want to know what? What just came out of your mouth? Are you from this planet? Whoa! I throw my hands up in surrender before they pummel me with Play-Doh.

So kids weird me out. Not the biggest kid fan here. But tell me a story about a child being hurt? I break down. In a bad bad way. It’s the strangest thing. I am admittedly not particularly fond of them. Or rather just extremely uncomfortable in their presence. But when faced with a crime against a child I suddenly become their advocate.

When I was first thinking about my career path I thought I wanted to be a forensic pathologist. I befriended a lady ME and she was patient enough to pass on case reports and talk to me. She knew straight away I wasn’t cut out for this job. But she let me figure it out on my own. She showed me autopsy reports of gang shootings, drunk driving victims, even “floaters”. I was ok with all of that. But the first … and only… report I saw of a child who died by neglect, abuse, and malnutrition… I folded. I cried... like a baby.

Don’t expect me to goo goo ga ga over your screaming kids at a supermarket or theatre. But I will watch out for their safety. Don’t ask me why. And I’m serious – don’t. Because given the choice of the company of the little A.D.D chap on my old block who would yack at me for hours about the squirrels in his back yard while I was just trying to retrieve my mail or some adults… I’d always choose young hypersped Henry, despite the migraine he repeatedly gave me. I can't explain that.

Don’t mess with kids... *Shade puts on her Meanie face and crosses her arms over her chest* - Or you’re messin’ with me.

(I have a regular run down of internet news sites I read daily and I read one too many reports today of the most freakishly hideous heinous child abuse. I had to vent).
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#227448 - 03/12/07 03:11 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I can understand your ironic situation.

Kids will always be kids and whether it be the precociousness in some that bothers us or simply the fact that we don't know what to do in their presence. Im totally against the harm or abuse of a child and so should all of us but we shouldn't let the 'disciplining' of a child get mixed up with some form of abuse.

Sorry for going off on a tangent here but the discipline vs child abuse issue has been an issue here in recent times and thought id slot it in here.

Although you may not be fond of kids yet feel for them in a time of need must be due to the fact that they (kids) haven't reached their stage of 'loss of innocence'?

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#227449 - 03/12/07 03:27 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Noordenzuid]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Although you may not be fond of kids yet feel for them in a time of need must be due to the fact that they (kids) haven't reached their stage of 'loss of innocence'?

Sorry, my what situation?

My post had nothing to do with the difference between discipline and abuse.

The examples of abuse I was reading today were not open to interpretation. The mother of a five year old wondering if her daughter has an STD is not a case of misinterpreted discipline.

Yes, I feel for kids. Children are exempt from my contempt because they lack maturity, experience, time, and to some degree accountability. If, when they get older, they turn into assholes.... Fine. Then I will hate them without reserve. Until then, they have my unconditional support. I can't say that about a single other group of people.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

#227450 - 03/12/07 03:43 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Last paragraph, well said and couldn't agree with you more.

Sorry, shoudlve started a separate post re: Discipline.

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#227451 - 03/12/07 03:44 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Quote:

Kids like me. I don’t know why. Maybe I amuse them on some level. I tip toe around them and wait for their heads to spin around.

I LIKE YOU!...But then I'm just a big kid anyway.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I do. I used to be exactly the same.Honestly Then something happened to me and lo and behold I was never the same again. What happened? I became a mother.

As for the child abuse issues you mention I am again in complete agreement naturally.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#227452 - 03/12/07 03:51 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Noordenzuid]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

It's a worthy topic and frankly something that has been covered here before. I understand where you are coming from... and appreciate that you understand that is not what I am talking about.

#227453 - 03/12/07 03:59 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: gypsy]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

*Shade collapses with relief* ... No, I mean seriously.

I know and respect alot of mothers and fathers on this board (Ms. Gypsy you will always command my respect for raising such fine boys!) and was nervous about posting this. I am so glad you saw the true meaning of my post and that you were not offended.

Who wouldn't want to protect children? I mean aside from the sicko freaks who deserve to have their kneecaps shot off...by me. (she said with a pretty little smile).

#227454 - 03/12/07 04:42 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
I never want kids, I do like them, but I got no need to have any myself, it's been a problem in some of the relationships I have had, because my partner wanted kids, and I didn't. I have left both females and males because they couldn't stop talking about kids all the time, I use to find it so annoying, but now I just ignore it, and leave them if they can't accept the fact that I don't want kids.

- I want to take care of animals instead, so that's what I do!

#227455 - 03/12/07 06:29 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

Sounds like rather compulsive behaviour. A sort of phobia. Have you ever had anyone professional investigate this irrational aversion? It seems to be a significant step above just not having a parental instinct or willingness/ability to relate to children.

#227456 - 03/12/07 07:14 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Wile_E_Quixote]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

My ex girlfriend had a full blown phobia of babies- she used to panic if one came near her and used to avoid situations in which she might come into contact with one.
She ended up being sterilized as soon as her doctor would allow it (when she reached the age of 21)
Very strange.
I admit I don't really like holding babies, and have never wanted kids, but I share your revulsion when I hear about something bad happening to one.

#227457 - 03/12/07 08:27 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Rafiq Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Idaho
Quote:

But the first … and only… report I saw of a child who died by neglect, abuse, and malnutrition… I folded. I cried... like a baby.

This is one reason why I will always believe in the death penalty. Some people just flat out deserve to die for the things they have done.

#227458 - 03/12/07 09:23 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Torquemada Offline

Loc: Spain&UK
I hate kids too. Long life to Herod the Great¡¡¡¡¡

Best,

Torquemada

#227459 - 03/12/07 09:38 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
YaeK Offline

Loc: Portugal
Strangely, I can seriously relate to that

On one hand I am extremely protective of kids, and am convinced that, should I witness abuse of a child, I'd grow claws and fangs to destroy the bastard responsible

On the other hand, with my little cousins for example, I'm always feeling awkward and so clueless on what to do, I feel almost pathetic. I try to treat them like they were grown-ups in a desperate attempt to deal with them, and am not exactly the greatest source of fun... yet they always come asking me to play to them.

And some kids, though not all, really do just freak me out. I feel they could attack me at any second, with their big eyes and drooly mouths
Gorgeous, angelic, quiet kids don't bother me as much, for some reason.

#227460 - 03/12/07 09:59 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: LightAngel]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Same here! But despite not having kids, I still can't stand some of the things I read about. What people are capable of never ceases to amaze and horrify me.

#227461 - 03/12/07 10:04 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Wile_E_Quixote]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Yes, yes actually, I have. Same said professional said I had a serious case of sarcasm, a tendency to exagerrate just about everything and a dangerous inability to take myself too seriously. He then told me about the surgery available to remove my tongue from my cheek. I politely declined. Although tongue-in-cheek-itis does make it difficult to give a decent blow job sometimes.

Thanks for the concern.

#227462 - 03/12/07 10:07 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Doctor_Beat]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

My ex girlfriend had a full blown phobia of babies- she used to panic if one came near her and used to avoid situations in which she might come into contact with one.
She ended up being sterilized as soon as her doctor would allow it (when she reached the age of 21)
Very strange.

Whoa. Ok, I am not that freaked out about kids.

Quote:

I admit I don't really like holding babies, and have never wanted kids, but I share your revulsion when I hear about something bad happening to one.

Revulsion - that is the word I was looking for earlier! Exactly!

#227463 - 03/12/07 10:07 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
ThaDeej Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Greenville, SC
I don't have a phobia; however, I don't much care for holding another person's infant. First and foremost, the notion of holding said child is presented as more of an "obligation" than a choice. My question is always, why. If I wanted to hold the baby, I'd ask.

I tend to fare well with children. I think mainly because I am a kid at heart. Their imagination is something I adore. They dream and speak of their dreams as if they believe them to be real or attainable. That's magical in My eyes. But the best part is, when I grow tiresome of the kid I can walk away or avert its attention to its parent.

As most Others have stated, I too hate to hear of children being harmed, neglected or otherwise mistreated.

www.vampiretemple.com

#227464 - 03/12/07 10:33 AM Re: Lex Talionis! [Re: Shade]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis

#227465 - 03/12/07 10:41 AM Re: Lex Talionis! [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

#227466 - 03/12/07 10:41 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Rafiq]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

This is one reason why I will always believe in the death penalty. Some people just flat out deserve to die for the things they have done.

Exactly, it actually makes me wish there was a penalty worse than death.

#227467 - 03/12/07 10:44 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: YaeK]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

On one hand I am extremely protective of kids, and am convinced that, should I witness abuse of a child, I'd grow claws and fangs to destroy the bastard responsible

I love the image of growing claws and fangs to destroy! Very nice!

Quote:

And some kids, though not all, really do just freak me out. I feel they could attack me at any second, with their big eyes and drooly mouths
Gorgeous, angelic, quiet kids don't bother me as much, for some reason.

This made me chuckle! A kind of Children of the Corn thing. Frankly, though, adults with big eyes and drooly mouths freak me out more.

#227468 - 03/12/07 10:46 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Torquemada]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I hate kids too. Long life to Herod the Great¡¡¡¡¡

Best,

Torquemada

Haha! You devil!

#227469 - 03/12/07 10:54 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: ThaDeej]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

I knew no one here was going to say they sanctioned child abuse.

I just thought it was interesting that despite my lack of kid-savviness I do value their innocence.

#227470 - 03/12/07 10:55 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
YaeK Offline

Loc: Portugal
Quote:

Frankly, though, adults with big eyes and drooly mouths freak me out more.

You just may have a point there
Although children are smaller... which is, in my humble opinion, part of makes many of them often creepier.

#227471 - 03/12/07 10:57 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I am not a kid lover. I was, however, a fantastic babysitter.

It's a little funny to me how many people are afraid of touching children because, after a decade as a nanny, I've held hundreds of kids. If there's a substance that can come out of a kid -blood, urine, scat, vomit, spit, tears, sweat- I've had it on me. They just gush fluids those little buggers. Never wear your good clothes around them.

I wouldn't say I like kids overall, although I did come to love a few of the ones I was in charge of, and they, in turn, loved me. What I do like is playing. Most of the families I worked for long term were very open to my style of discipline. You listen to my strict, unbending rules, and if you do, we will play the best, most fun, creative, and active games we can think up. Kept it interesting for all involved.

I'm semi-retired from that job now though. I was severely running out of patience to break in new kids and it pays peanuts.

Kids are hard work. Even the most well-intended parents will have their limits tested often. It's my personal opinion that if people really understood just how difficult parenting can, they wouldn't do it. But no matter how hard it is, abuse is unacceptable. And I, the master of her emotions, will cry when I hear kids in the ER screaming at even a small cut. It resonates in a deeply primal part of me.

#227472 - 03/12/07 10:58 AM Re: Lex Talionis! [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I love my offspring.

So this recently uncovered local horror story makes me more than just sick!

A baby killing babies. This was the kind of story I read yesterday that sparked my rant. Pure horror.

#227473 - 03/12/07 11:11 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
I am unashamedly childfree. People can call me guilty of using a modern euphamism like "childfree", but I do find it to be more accurate than "childless", as the latter implies I'm somehow missing something that I should have. Furthermore, the term "childfree" often additionally describes somebody who has come to the conclusion to never have children. I've given both sides of the issue a lot of thought, and after weighing pros and cons, have come to the conclusion that parenting is not for me.

Some people assume that because I'm childfree, that I'm somebody who hates children. That's not true. In my experience, children are like any other individuals: I get along with some, and others drive me nuts. Some are interesting and smart, and some are annoying and do some seriously dumb things. And even then, most of the time the annoyance factor comes from the parents being irresponsible assholes, who for example will let their kids run around and wreck havoc on a restaurant without saying anything.

If there's any related group I "hate", its these parents. Not all parents, but the ones that let let parenthood define their entire lives. The "soccer mom" and "super dad" types, I call them. I've noticed that most of these parents who have no life outside of parenting, were usually boring, untalented, hobbyless shut-ins who had no life BEFORE parenting either. I'm glad that my parents found a way to both make time for me and for each other too. They were far from neglectant, but they certainly had a life outside of parenting too.

Usually upon finding that I'm childfree, the annoying "soccer mom"/"super dad" parent types get preachy on me. I don't know who's worse, the mothers or the fathers. "Oh, I used to say the same thing, but then I had my kind and..." I swear their passive-aggressive attacks are rooted in some kind of envy for me being single, or their own self-deceit to cover up their regrets of becoming a parent. The parents who seem secure in their decision seem just fine with my own decision, and don't get defensive.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#227474 - 03/12/07 11:35 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
ThaDeej Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Greenville, SC
But of course.

www.vampiretemple.com

#227475 - 03/12/07 11:41 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
Extended periods of physical torture is much better than death in my opinion. I loathe wife beaters and child abusers.

#227476 - 03/12/07 12:49 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
LightAngel Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Same here! But despite not having kids, I still can't stand some of the things I read about. What people are capable of never ceases to amaze and horrify me.

If it didn't then I think you would be dead inside, however we all have to put up some kind of defence mechanism or we will be pulled down by it

I do my best to stop animal, and child abuse when I see it, that's all I can do.

#227477 - 03/12/07 01:08 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Bill_M]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
I concur.

I oft times have Mothers and Fathers who tell My husband and I what We are missing out on. (What ARE We missing out on)? Not being able to go somewhere that is of interest to Us because We have a baby to tend to? Added expenses? The list goes on...

Oh, I know the whole argument. You are only saying this because you don't have any children and don't understand the whole Mother/child bond.

But don't I? I had a child and many of you are aware of that situation. I never want to have another child again. This of course could be based on some fear that what happened could happen again, but I am more convinced as the years ebb on, that I am quite content to be as Warlock Bill put it '(ChildFREE)'.

I do however LOVE children. (Some more than others, and some children I down right HATE) you heard Me (HATE). It's annoying to watch a child curse it's parents in a public place and to tell their parents to SHUT UP! (I have heard far worse things come out of the mouths of toddlers). It more annoying to watch that parent just stand there and grin like an idiot. They deserve what they get which in the end, will be their demon spawn putting them in a crappy nursing home and never coming to visit them, of course, after spending all of their parents retirement money.

Children much like animals seem to gravitate toward Me. I do quite well with them but am also reminded of the old saying:

"I LOVE children, as long as they can GO HOME".

As it were, if I see someone harming a child I will be the first to act in their defense. It's amazing that you have to have a license to run a hot dog stand and yet any idiot can 'have a child'.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#227478 - 03/12/07 01:25 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Bill_M]
LightAngel Offline

Quote:

The parents who seem secure in their decision seem just fine with my own decision, and don't get defensive.

You hit the nail on the head there.

#227479 - 03/12/07 02:26 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Bill_M]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:

In my experience, children are like any other individuals: I get along with some, and others drive me nuts. Some are interesting and smart, and some are annoying and do some seriously dumb things..

Sounds about right to me. Of course, I'm crazy about my own kids, but as far as everyone else's children, how I feel about them is determined on a case by case basis.

Quote:

If there's any related group I "hate", its these parents. Not all parents, but the ones that let let parenthood define their entire lives. The "soccer mom" and "super dad" types, I call them. I've noticed that most of these parents who have no life outside of parenting, were usually boring, untalented, hobbyless shut-ins who had no life BEFORE parenting either.

Oh, I'm wondering now about having recently been called a "soccer mom", maybe I should be offended??

In all seriousness, this is one of the most trying aspects for me about having kids.. it's not the kids, or even their sometimes annoying friends, it's constantly running into this type of parent. Because we both have the common thread of having children the same age, oftentimes they assume that naturally we will develop a great friendship. Unfortunately for them, I would only choose to spend my free time with a parent that I have something in common with besides the fact that we both have children. That takes most of these folks right out of the running.

I would certainly define myself as a mother, but I'm also so much more than that. Parents that can't see themselves this way are going to have a rude awakening when their kids leave the nest.

Quote:

I swear their passive-aggressive attacks are rooted in some kind of envy for me being single, or their own self-deceit to cover up their regrets of becoming a parent.

That's exactly what it is. I've never been able to understand the whole "recruiting" mentality. Becoming a parent is not for everyone, and I find it more than silly to try to talk people who say they DON'T want children into changing their minds.

#227480 - 03/12/07 08:16 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Bill_M]
redheadgrl Offline

Quote:

I am unashamedly childfree. Furthermore, the term "childfree" often additionally describes somebody who has come to the conclusion to never have children. I've given both sides of the issue a lot of thought, and after weighing pros and cons, have come to the conclusion that parenting is not for me.

Me too.

Quote:

Usually upon finding that I'm childfree, the annoying "soccer mom"/"super dad" parent types get preachy on me. I don't know who's worse, the mothers or the fathers. "Oh, I used to say the same thing, but then I had my kind and..." I swear their passive-aggressive attacks are rooted in some kind of envy for me being single, or their own self-deceit to cover up their regrets of becoming a parent. The parents who seem secure in their decision seem just fine with my own decision, and don't get defensive.

Exactly!

#227481 - 03/12/07 09:04 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I generally dislike children. I don’t like being around them and have never wanted one. Nine times out of ten they are on my last nerve as soon as they enter the room. Fortunately I am rarely, if ever, around them – and then in mercifully brief doses. I am not close to anyone with children, and honestly can’t remember the last time I was around one for any length of time. On extremely rare occasions I have met children that I liked, but for the most part I find them to be unbearably obnoxious and annoying.

Children are innocent and should not be scarred by abuse, psychological, physical, or otherwise, because the result will invariably be a damaged adult more likely to propagate their damage on other children. Child abuse just fills the world with more damaged people.

That is not to say children should be isolated from the world in plastic bubbles. In fact I think children should be made aware of the harsh realities of life as early as they are able to understand things, but not in the form of inflicted trauma. Adults who have led sheltered lives are repulsive.

All that being said; I do feel instinctively protective toward children and would not hesitate to physically intervene with force to protect them from harm.

People who sexually or physically abuse children should be exterminated without hesitation or remorse.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#227482 - 03/12/07 09:17 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Shade,

I feel pretty much the same way you do.

I don't particularly like other people's kids. They don't smell right. I don't mind ocasionally watching them manipulate their parents -- kind of like being at the zoo. Kids don't freak me out -- I just expect them to act civilly when interacting with me. They seem to know that.

There are some exceptions, but they grew up. I don't mind my nieces and nephews, and of course my own kids are rather special to me. And I am rather pleased that they are all adults now.

I also feel the same as you and Eve about child abuse.

My solution to the extremely unpleasant news articles -- I don't read them. I can't do anything about them, and there is no point in indulging in unrequitable rage.

I have worked in the medical field for many years, and what I have seen regarding what people can do to children, I do not ever want to see again.

I think, though, I do look forward to grandchildren. All the fun and none of the work.

#227483 - 03/12/07 09:23 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Zaftig]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

I was really curious if and what your response would be since I knew you were a nanny. When I read "I am not a kid lover" I was surprised! But after reading your post I understand what you mean.

Kid goo doesn't necessarily weird me out. Kid conversations, though, spike my "freaked out" rating so bad. It's the young ones who can't string a sentence together and talk some kind of kid babble foreign language that only their mommies or daddies can understand (the scary part is that some of them never grow out of this). I refuse to speak "baby talk" to ... well, anyone. Picture Shade extremely confused and unnerved saying very steadily, "I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are saying." This has one of two effects. Either they laugh and clap and continue to babble at me (probably saying - "I don't have a clue what you're saying either!! Haha and I don't CARE!") OR they get perturbed and my "freaked out" rating hits the moon. Because perturbed can so easily lead to crying. Crying babies are only slightly more scary than crying adults.

I like colouring. I will colour all day long with anyone. And I like swings if I'm the one being pushed.

Kids are definitely hard work and I consider it one of the most responsible decisions I have made to realize I am not parent material.

Quote:

It's my personal opinion that if people really understood just how difficult parenting can, they wouldn't do it. But no matter how hard it is, abuse is unacceptable. And I, the master of her emotions, will cry when I hear kids in the ER screaming at even a small cut. It resonates in a deeply primal part of me.

This was so well put, I read it half a dozen times. You've a talent for expressing things just so. I agree with it resonating on a deeply primal level. I'm not less of a woman because I don't bear children, just different.

#227484 - 03/12/07 09:29 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Isabel23]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
Quote:

They don't smell right.

I feel the same way as you on this issue Magistra and Magister Svengali about the abuse.
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#227485 - 03/12/07 09:51 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Bill_M]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I remember being at work in a meeting. Probably half a dozen girls in our office were pregnant at the time. One of the senior staff accountant ladies said to me (loudly), "So, how many children do you have?". Me, none. Miss Senior says, laughing, "Better get started! Time's running out!" I smiled sweetly and patiently and say, "I can't have children." Miss Senior continues, "Oh you'll change your mind! We all did, haha!" I waited for the laughter to die down in the room and in utter silence, so I wouldn't be misunderstood again, repeated, "I said I can't have children."

Talk about a way to shut up a conversation.

I don't know what I'd call myself. Childfree. Childless. A child. Maybe just Shade. I like how you talked about children defining people. That seems like the definition of psychic vampire in some way. Living their lives vicariously through their children. I picture the parents that get into fights at little league games in front of all of their kids.

#227486 - 03/12/07 10:29 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Svengali]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Children are innocent and should not be scarred by abuse, psychological, physical, or otherwise, because the result will invariably be a damaged adult more likely to propagate their damage on other children. Child abuse just fills the world with more damaged people.

A very pragmatic statement that I had completely forgotten about concerning child abuse. It is an unending cycle and for this reason everyone has a selfish reason in seeing it never happen.

Quote:

That is not to say children should be isolated from the world in plastic bubbles. In fact I think children should be made aware of the harsh realities of life as early as they are able to understand things, but not in the form of inflicted trauma. Adults who have led sheltered lives are repulsive.

This reminds me of my paternal grandma. We would pass by cemeteries where a fresh grave was being prepared and I was always incredibely curious. She would say, "That's just landscaping!!!" Or something like that. Grandma II (the non-Seventh Day Adventist) gave me the low down. I like the programs where they send juvy offenders or AA people to the morgue. I would actually enjoy being an ME during those presentations. "This is your brain - this is your brain on four hundred feet of asphault - any questions?"

We are in agreement on all the rest.

#227487 - 03/12/07 11:01 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Isabel23]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Magistra Isabel,

You bring a kind, soothing tone to this entire subject for me - like ice cream after getting one's tonsils out. Seriously.

I am glad that I have not offended family folks like yourself with my post. I know there are good parents out there and family is so incredibely important.

I read the news articles because I really want to keep abreast of any ANY news concerning child predators. This is the kind of thing I can not abide. I sincerely support all laws that would take child predators out of circulation. That is the point of my repeated self inflicted horror. If I can make the smallest difference, I will. Unrequitable rage? <weak smile> ... Maybe. Mr. Svengali made reference to abused kids growing up to be abusive parents. Some times abused kids grow up to have unrequited rage instead of being parents.

In the medical field, objectification must be the key. I don't understand how anyone can survive in that field for long without a serious ability to compartmentalize.

Ms. Isabel, my mom is looking forward to grandchildren too... I'm glad I have a fertile twin sister who is crazy about kids.

Thank you so much for the comments.

#227488 - 03/13/07 01:29 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
It's weird. My perspective on kids is changing.

Three years ago or so, I would've agreed with your post 100%. Anyone who abuses a child needs to be disemboweled and hung out to dry, but don't think I want to babysit the smelly, loud, daft little bastards!

Lately, I've started to warm up to children of various sorts, and I've started to think about the importance of passing on my genes and memes. My parents have told me that I improved the quality of their life in so many ways, so I can't help but wonder how a kid would someday give me the same positive, enlightening experience. I even find some kids kind of cute now, though I'm hardly ready to actually take care of them myself.

And, I've started to find (genuinely attractive) pregnant women kind of sexy.

So, maybe my biological clock is starting play pranks on me.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#227489 - 03/13/07 02:20 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Bill_M]
dckegel Offline

Loc: DC
I'm new and not an initiate. Familiar with LaVey's writings, but I'm a bit of a soloist. However I'm here.

On children, I have not had my own biological son or daughter, but I became involved, once, with a 1 month pregnant woman who was good company for the this time. Don't know what the Satanic stance is on love but it was certainly magnetism.

At any rate, I received, named & raised this child from birth to two & a half years & problems between his mother and myself resulted in separation.

During that two and a half years my experience with that child awoke certain areas of my brain that had been dormant. The love of a child is absolutely magical.

This does not mean it is for everyone or that those who feel no "pull" towards that life are missing everything.

It is apparent that the infernal plan includes the propagation of the species. Parenting correctly or incorrectly, we reap what we sow.

Love is the Law, Hail Satan

During

Attachments
411796-clown4.jpg (66 downloads)

#227490 - 03/13/07 08:08 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: TrojZyr]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Yes I felt a similar change in myself of late. I had been greatly undecided about children up until about age 27. After all, I figured, if I truly wanted a child I could probably fanangle some man to provide me with one.

However, I differed drastically from my girlfriends, because I refused to consider parenthood before considering a partnership. If I was going to be a parent, I was decidely firm on not raising a child alone.

Then, at sudden unprovoked moments, I would see a baby and long for one. Their smell just made me want to rub my face in their soft bellies.

I'd be forced to slap myself. It's just an innate reaction. Control yourself lex! Beware of our biological crafty hardwiring. It's damn tricky.

And for the record I'm still not decided.

#227491 - 03/13/07 08:26 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Quote:

Although tongue-in-cheek-itis does make it difficult to give a decent blow job sometimes.

#227492 - 03/13/07 09:07 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel

Children are amazing things, really. Their naïve, magical, un-tainted mentality is just beautiful.

But they can be the most incredible pain in the ass…
especially in groups.
Then they become vicious.

I never really liked being around kids. Not even when I was a kid.
And the idea of being a mom freaks me out.
Than again… I just might consider the possibility of having one sometime in the far (far) future.

#227493 - 03/13/07 09:12 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Zaftig]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

It is a strange type of biological hard-wiring that gives you the urge to wipe your nose on the stomachs of young children, ma'am. May I suggest a hankerchief in future? Its far less anti-social.

#227494 - 03/13/07 10:25 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

I never was really keen on the idea of having kids. I had always felt a little awkward around them. My wife wanted kids, I didn’t really. Then she got pregnant (yes we were using protection against that, it can still happen). My perspective has changed some since then.

I still don’t care for other peoples kids as a general rule (there are one or two exceptions), but with my own it is completely different. There is a bond there that is fairly difficult to put into words. I know it sounds corny, but I didn’t know that I could love anyone the way that I love my daughter until she was born. I am closer to her than anyone else on the planet. It’s weird. I suppose it’s a paternal instinct thing.

I enjoy playing with my daughter, being silly, teaching her, watching her grow and all of that stuff. But I don’t get that way with anyone else’s kid. And babies really get under my skin. My wife ran an in-home daycare for a bit (all infants); I couldn’t stand to be around them for more than a minute.

Now that I have some experience in raising a child and dealing with temper tantrums and whatnot I am always amused when a kid throws a fit in public. Not amused by the child or their behavior, but with everyone’s reactions to it. I can look around and tell who has kids and who doesn’t and it’s really funny to me. Almost every child is going to throw a fit in public at least a couple of times. It is their way of testing the boundaries and is part of the learning process. What is important is how the parent(s) responds to the situation. Some kids are faster learners than others (and some parents better teachers).

If the parent is handling it badly, that pisses me the fuck off though. That’s an entirely different story. And as far as abuse and neglect, inexcusable, and as far as I am concerned the worst kind of scum. I could not deal with reading about child abuse on a regular basis, I’d be upset constantly.

The Temple | The Elite

#227495 - 03/13/07 01:29 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: dckegel]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Clowns scare Me. Always have. Always will.

Who pray tell are you? I only ask because I saw no introduction, and I only have your hideous picture to go by.... (again, clowns scare Me).

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#227496 - 03/13/07 04:40 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I don’t really care for other peoples children. I love my own, but other peoples kids tend to act like miniature versions of their parents: stupid and obnoxious. I like babies though. I always make faces at them when I’m at the store, just to make them laugh. That always puts a smile on my face. I even like ugly babies. They’re still cute, just in a dorky way.

#227497 - 03/13/07 09:28 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

I'm not less of a woman because I don't bear children, just different.

Yes, exactly. That is a great way to put it, and to put in their place all those in your face women who think that just because you have the double x's you necessarily are mother material. That somehow you are missing out if you don't procreate. Poppycock. Life is what you make it, with or without children.

I am on my second go around being a mom. Much like many of the others around here I love my children, but really can't stand other people's. I have never had any desire to work with children in any capacity and the one stint I did at a college day care I hated. Passionately.

I am comfortable around them, I know what to do with them and how to handle them, I simply don't like them. I much prefer adult company, unless it is my own child.

While I too am a soccer mom by default, like you Bruja I have very little in common with any of the other parents. They all look at me rather askance, giving me wide berth whenever I attend one of my daughter's games. I prefer it that way. I abhor the small talk and petty squabbling that goes on.

As to the question of child abuse, well there really is no question at all. Obviously the abuse of a child in any of its forms is the lowest type of criminality there is. Even other criminals will shun a child abuser.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#227498 - 03/13/07 09:54 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

The unrequitable rage would me mine if I kept reading such articles. That is, there is little useful that I can do about it, hence the unrequitable bit.

There is no doubt in my mind that the poison of abuse is multi generational, learned by modeling.

#227499 - 03/14/07 08:54 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

I remember being at work in a meeting. Probably half a dozen girls in our office were pregnant at the time. One of the senior staff accountant ladies said to me (loudly), "So, how many children do you have?".

Ugh, I've overheard many conversations like that in the office over the years. I've seen it so many times, with 5 women sitting at the lunch table, and after sentence after sentence starting with the words "My hubby..." or "Let me tell you what little Joey did today!", the eyes eventually turn to that woman and the "So, when are YOU going to have kids?" line comes out. I really think its pathetic. Not just how these women can't shut up about parenting, but how they toss around these questions with such a bogus playful attitude, when the question can feel just as private an awkard as "So, how do YOU wipe your ass?"

This isn't to say that men are never pressured to have kids. There's the whole bullshit notion of "having your family name live on", especially if it's a last name hardly anybody has ever heard before, along with the same old pro-child arguments that apply equally to both sexes ("Who's going to take care of you when you're old?", "Who's going to make me a grandparent?", "You have money, you're smart, and you're a responsible person, therefore you need to make offspring" etc.). But I DO see much more women getting that pressure from co-workers, family members especially, and supposed "friends".

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#227500 - 03/14/07 12:50 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: dragondancer]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:

While I too am a soccer mom by default, like you Bruja I have very little in common with any of the other parents. They all look at me rather askance, giving me wide berth whenever I attend one of my daughter's games. I prefer it that way. I abhor the small talk and petty squabbling that goes on.

Heh, I hear you.

Once they realize that I don't play the "role" on the sidelines with them, they too tend to look at me with suspicion (much more so from the mothers, the dads are usually fine).

Thankfully, this usually gives me plenty of personal space, so it's fine with me.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#227501 - 03/14/07 10:03 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I think kids are awesome.

Yesterday in Hollywood, I was walking down a random street when suddenly I was approaching a woman with a couple of three year olds playing on the sidewalk.

As soon as I passed by, one of the kids just crept up and gave me a big hug. It really made my day.

HS!

#227502 - 03/15/07 12:18 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
dckegel Offline

Loc: DC
To clarify, my response was not intended to imply superiority for parenting types vs. those who'd rather not. It's natural that people are produced with different inclinations. However, it is true that some who do engage in that role of parent do enjoy and benefit from the experience. BECAUSE they are so inclined. Not every parent is "jealous" of the non-parent. In fact, isn't envy the mark of the non-satanist?

#227503 - 03/15/07 12:37 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: dckegel]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

In fact, isn't envy the mark of the non-satanist?

No, envy is not the mark of the non-Satanist. It is PERFECTLY normal to ENVY as this makes one work harder for something they wish to obtain.

I will remind you of the 8th Satanic Statement which clearly states:

"Satan represents ALL of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!"

The Satanic Bible page 25.

Once again, who are you ?

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#227504 - 03/15/07 02:18 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Callier]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Quote:

As soon as I passed by, one of the kids just crept up and gave me a big hug.

So have you still got your wallet?

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#227505 - 03/15/07 02:38 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Callier]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

I think I just got diabetes.

No seriously, I envy you. That little incident probably would have sent me into anaphylactic shock.

#227506 - 03/15/07 02:44 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: dckegel]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

I understood your post and was not offended by it. What Evil_Eve keeps hinting at, mate, is that we have not seen your introduction in the Intros forum. Some of us are disinclined to converse with strangers.

#227507 - 03/15/07 03:47 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Reading some of these posts (I couldn't get through al of them) really pulled at me. Especially today.

I work as a Security Shift Supervisor at the only trauma hospital in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs area). Today, I watched an innocent, beautiful 3 month old baby die. All because her parents didn't put her in a carseat. They were in a major traffic accident on Interstate 10.

Luckily, Nature took care of itself. Mom died at the scene and dad was thrown from the vehicle (no one was wearing a seat belt) and isn't expected to survive. I feel no remorse for them.

I just finished a compassion/destruction ritual I wrote on the way home, lamenting the beautiful child who won't get to grow up, and the hate I felt for the parents and the hope that the father dies wide awake, with as much pain as possible. I hoped he landed on his damn head.

Haven't felt better in years. I'll check up on the situation tomorrow.

I love children, for exactly the reasons Shade dislikes them. But to each, their own. We must all find that which bring joy to our lives and hold on to it. We're only here for a short time, and we only get one shot. Sadly, that little girl won't get that shot.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#227508 - 03/15/07 04:13 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

What you just wrote about is exactly what sparked my original post. The horrors that happen to children double me over like a shot in the belly. Kids make me uncomfortable, sure, for alot of reasons (some of which you may have not gotten to, understandably). But I can't stand them being hurt. I can't stand what is so special about them being stolen...

What do you mean by this?

Quote:

I love children, for exactly the reasons Shade dislikes them.

#227509 - 03/15/07 04:46 AM Ritualistic child abuse in water [Re: Shade]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
There is a 4-page long article in today's news paper about this man named Igor Tjarkovsky.
It's not easy to shock me, but this is......
Well, just read it (I tried my best to translate selected parts of it):

Igor Tjarkovsky
Ritualistic child abuse in water- Preferably 10 hours a day in ice-cold pool water.

"Tjarkovsky arrived at the pool accompanies with a staff of adoring helpers who where holding their babies only with their wrists while shaking them violently. Then an infant, 5 years old at most, was put in the water despite his vocal objections. Tjarkovsky grabbed his ankles, raised him high and sunk him into deep water, like he was pounding a hummer. Just grabbed him, without preparation, without empathy, gentleness or listening to his screams of horror. That lasted about 40 minutes. The kid yelled every time his head was pulled out of the water "no, no, I don't want to, mommy, stop, no" but it want on. after 15 minutes it seems he lost his strength and his wails became gargles. When Tjarkovsky made a short brake we saw how the kid vomits the buckets of water he swallowed while screaming
I looked at my wife, shocked, and one of the women working with Tjarkovsky came over and told us "if you want to look at him work, watch him only with loving eyes. I know this might look bad, but this child is carrying a harsh trauma from birth because his mother was opened up, and if he won't be released from it, he might grow up to be a criminal or a drug addict."

It goes on about different kinds of water-bondage made to secure the infants in certain positions, while they are being flipped and sunk into the water for hours. Then there is this:

"In one of his famous experiments took place in 1992: a 1.9 year old infant, who was trained by Tjarkovsky, succeeded swimming 33 kilometers in 15 hours, two minutes and 28 seconds non-stop. For Tjarkovsky the accomplishment was proof that "a man can live in water: eat and sleep while swimming". Tjarkovsky's translator adds that the infant made the whole distance while his hands where tied behind his back."

There are records of at least 5 babies dieing from hypothermia and drowning after Tjarkovsky's care.

I wish I could torture this man with excruciating pain 10 hours a day for the rest of his life.

#227510 - 03/15/07 05:03 AM Re: Ritualistic child abuse in water [Re: The_Lightning]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I wish I could torture this man with excruciating pain 10 hours a day for the rest of his life.

You know, I am known in my circles for being particularly gruesome and morbid and by default people assume without feeling. I think I may have actually reached my limit this evening. That story was so sickening I felt like I had just injested ground glass. Not particularly worried ... but vaguely curious when exactly I would start vomiting blood.

You and I both could do wonders for this man, Igor Tjarkovsky. We could take turns. I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with your statement I quoted. Thanks for understanding where I am coming from. This was a difficult thread to start and maintain.

#227511 - 03/15/07 07:57 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
LightAngel Offline

Quote:

We must all find that which bring joy to our lives and hold on to it.

True, but that is the kind of truth that only a strong world can accept!

This world is weak, so we all have to create our own truth/reality in order to be truly happy.

Because the truth of this reality is that you have to fit inside somekind of box so ''they'' know where they have you

I never wanna fit into a reality I didn't create myself.

If I sound paranoid then believe me when I say that i'm not, I'm just realistic!

Realistic with a little humour on the top

#227512 - 03/15/07 08:23 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Bill_M]
LightAngel Offline

True, many people fear people who are ''different''.

And it's so ironical because we are all as different as our fingerprints.

So why do people fear their own nature?!

I call the disease brainwashing, sure we are the same, but when we are true to our nature then we are also very different from each other, so if it makes other people insecure that NOT everybody want to create kids ( They don't even have the imagination to think that some of us wanna create something else ) - well, they ain't worth my time anymore!

#227513 - 03/15/07 04:15 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
c23 Offline

Loc: Heaven Street, Europe.
I wasn't really interested in kids until I had my first a few years ago. Now everytime I come home and see the everyday changes it lights up my heart.

Sure, bad things happen to kids just like bad things happen to grown ups. It's a sad deal but we've got to live with it and get on. Every time I read an article about cruelty towards children or see obituaries of children I always get a bit sad, even though I know the only thing that I can work on is my own circle.

#227514 - 03/15/07 05:23 PM Re: Ritualistic child abuse in water [Re: The_Lightning]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
That is legal? Where the hell is this man located?

I would shot the bastard and kick his corpse into the pool.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#227515 - 03/16/07 12:01 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Neko]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I still don’t care for other peoples kids as a general rule (there are one or two exceptions), but with my own it is completely different. There is a bond there that is fairly difficult to put into words. I know it sounds corny, but I didn’t know that I could love anyone the way that I love my daughter until she was born. I am closer to her than anyone else on the planet. It’s weird. I suppose it’s a paternal instinct thing.

I enjoy playing with my daughter, being silly, teaching her, watching her grow and all of that stuff.

That sounds amazing to me. Magical. And sometimes, deep down, I let myself imagine what it would be like to have my own children... and I am incredibely envious of folks like you. It does make me smile, and make my heart mend, to hear there are parents out there like you who positively cherish their children. I heard Ms. Bruja and Ms. Dragondancer convey this sentiment earlier and it made my heart grow two sizes larger.

Quote:

I can look around and tell who has kids and who doesn’t and it’s really funny to me.

Public temper tantrums by kids give me extremely bad headaches. And I have never once found myself blaming the child. But I do, apparently, look like someone told me the breathmint I just popped in my mouth was covered with strychnine (aka, wide-eyed and waiting for a painful death). I imagine that's what you were describing of the "non-parent" looks.

#227516 - 03/16/07 01:06 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Public temper tantrums by kids give me extremely bad headaches. And I have never once found myself blaming the child. But I do, apparently, look like someone told me the breathmint I just popped in my mouth was covered with strychnine (aka, wide-eyed and waiting for a painful death). I imagine that's what you were describing of the "non-parent" looks.

LOL! That was part of what I was talking about. The other half is that a lot of parents get a sort of smug smirk, almost like they are laughing at the other parents on the inside like the way people are laughed at when they do something rather embarrassing but you don’t laugh out loud because that would be rude.

Quote:

That sounds amazing to me. Magical. And sometimes, deep down, I let myself imagine what it would be like to have my own children... and I am incredibely envious of folks like you. It does make me smile, and make my heart mend, to hear their are parents out there like you who positively cherish their children. I heard Ms. Bruja and Ms. Dragondancer convey this sentiment earlier and it made my heart grow two sizes larger.

I take that as quite a compliment. Thank you.

The Temple | The Elite

#227517 - 03/16/07 02:44 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Shade]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

What do you mean by this?

Quote:

I love children, for exactly the reasons Shade dislikes them.

That was worded badly. I apologize.I wasn't 100% last night.

Quote:

Kids like me. I don’t know why.

That's what I love about children. I was talking to someone at work tonight when a 3 year old girl was pulling on my pant leg. When I bent down to ask her what she wanted, she wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a huge hug. That made me feel wonderful.

Quote:

Friends have handed me their babies with the …

This happens to me on more than one occasion. Most recently in a grocery store. A woman was looking for her checkbook, and just handed her little baby girl to me. She found and wrote a check while this angelic (or maybe demonic ) child played with my Baphomet that I was wearing over my v-neck "Old Man" sweater.

It's just those little things I like. I can understand how someone can feel as you do, Shade. Most of the people I know (male and female) agree with you. My supervisor won't go to Pediatrics or Maternity. She sends me. Just being in the presence of children scares the Hell out of her.

Enough soapboxing. Now back to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress
Webmaster

#227518 - 03/16/07 03:01 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

You've no need to apologize. And it's not soapboxing. Your experiences are actually the kind of thing I'd prefer to hear. It chips more at this iceberg than you will ever know. And if I could swallow this strange thing in my throat that feels suspisciously like a lump I'd say more but for now, I'll just say thank you. Thank you for sharing this.

#227519 - 03/16/07 07:27 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Those are nice stories. I have a couple of My own that nearly 'made Me want to have a child' (Momentarily that is).

The thing I like about kids is their honesty and magical power. They really are honest with their comments towards strangers which can be cruel or comical.

I was walking through the Philadelphia airport when a little girl grabbed her Mothers shirt and yanked on it from down below and in a large voice announced to the F terminal that:

"MOMMY that lady is PRETTY!!!!!!!!!"

Well Hell's bells I liked that kid.

Every time that happens it gives Me a pep in My step because I have heard children announce that people are UGLY too!

I once had a little girl ask Me if I were 'Snow White'. Well no, but for a cartoon, Snow White was quite pretty. I took that as a compliement.

Another funny story. It's funny because I can remember the sound of excitement in this little boys voice....

I once stopped into a fast food restaurant to pick up some burgers before a car show. I was wearing black pattened leather pants. A boy in line looked over at his Mother and loudy said:

"OH MAN! OH MAN! Those pants are COOL! They are SHINY". His Mother turned red and let out an embarrassed smile.

Why? He liked the pants damn it. Made Me giggle. And yes, I always thank these WISE WISE WISE children for their compliments.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#227520 - 03/16/07 08:59 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Babydoll]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Yes. The kids were white.

HS!

#227521 - 03/16/07 09:09 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Callier]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

HS!

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! Damn it I love you Callier!

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#227522 - 03/16/07 09:32 AM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Evil_Eve]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

*hugs*

Imagine how I am on a filming set.

HS!

#227523 - 03/16/07 11:31 AM hello [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
stanley Offline

how are you

#227524 - 03/16/07 02:51 PM Re: hello [Re: stanley]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

1. This isn't the place to make an introduction.

2. That was nothing like an introduction.

3. Post a proper introduction in the proper forum.
Prevention of Virtue

#227525 - 03/16/07 04:52 PM Re: hello [Re: stanley]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Who in the Unholy Hell are you?

We have an indroductions forum. Use it!
Webmaster

#227526 - 03/16/07 05:07 PM Re: hello [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

When did you become a moderator?
Prevention of Virtue

#227527 - 03/16/07 06:58 PM Re: hello [Re: LKRice]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.

#227528 - 03/16/07 08:55 PM Re: I Don't Like Kids.... But.... [Re: Callier]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Don't give em' too much credit!

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#227529 - 03/16/07 09:00 PM Re: hello [Re: RandomStranger]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

unbelieveable.

And yet somehow... quite believeable...

*sigh*

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#227530 - 03/17/07 09:32 AM Re: Ritualistic child abuse in water [Re: The_Lightning]
uncivil_serpent Offline

Loc: alabama
I can think of more than one slow deaths I could deliver to such a person, it's just a shame I'll never see him face to face. But rest assured if anyone where to attempt to harm my child in any manner, They will pay the ultimate price and I will revel in sending them to the abyss of the Great Abstinince.

Hail Satan!
"The purest form of carnal existance reposes in the bodies of animals and human children who have not grown old enough to deny themselves their natural desires." -TSB pg. 89
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [Nietzsche]

Hail Satan!

#227531 - 03/17/07 09:21 PM Re: hello [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Wow! I didn't know we had an indroductions forum.

HS!

#227532 - 03/18/07 03:56 AM Re: hello [Re: Callier]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Quote:

Wow! I didn't know we had an indroductions forum.

I didn'd know eidher.

#227533 - 03/18/07 04:38 AM But.......But....... [Re: Svengali]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

I generally dislike children. I don’t like being around them and have never wanted one.

"But...But...Daddy!!! "

#227534 - 03/18/07 06:16 AM Re: But.......But....... [Re: Assabrah]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Awwwww

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#227535 - 03/18/07 08:26 AM Re: But.......But....... [Re: gypsy]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Agreed.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#227536 - 03/18/07 10:06 AM Re: But.......But....... [Re: Assabrah]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Quote:

I generally dislike children. I don’t like being around them and have never wanted one.

"But...But...Daddy!!! "

Agh! I don't know what is wrong with these women - that fucking scared me!

#227537 - 03/19/07 01:58 AM Re: hello [Re: Callier]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Doh!
Webmaster

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums