Topic Options
#227759 - 03/13/07 11:20 AM Privacy issues
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
I just did a google search on Evil_Eve and the 'It's Official' thread popped up. I hit the cachet button and the whole thread was there for anyone out there who wishes to view it.

I do not hide My CoS affiliation in any way (aside from family members/co-workers) but still, the fact that any ordinary Joe can view our threads is a bit disturbing.

Can anything be done about this? If not, I certainly understand. I was just a bit taken back by the search results.

Hails!
Eve

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#227760 - 03/13/07 12:19 PM Re: Privacy issues [Re: Evil_Eve]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Well, some of the forums are publicly visible without a login -- including the General Satanism Discussions forum. And so the search engines are free to index those. The specialized sub-boards (Essays & Writings, and the like) aren't on that kind of public display, so I wouldn't expect them to turn up on Google. But I sure wouldn't consider them totally private either -- remember that any idiot can sign up for an account and read whatever he likes. As for the Basement... well, you'd know far more about that than I (for the moment, at least ) but from up here it looks considerably more private.

I've always considered it a good idea to keep this account very hard to connect to my other online activity (including all the stuff with my real name attached). After all, the last thing I need is for a prospective employer somewhere down the line to Google me and find a hearty "Hail Satan!"

-Chess

#227761 - 03/16/07 12:08 PM Re: Privacy issues [Re: Evil_Eve]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
I just wish that people didn't have to hide what they believe in here in the year 2007!

I rather be me than pretend to be like all the others, I might lose some money by it, but I don't give a shit because it's not money that will make me happy, it's being true to my nature that will make me happy!

Evil Eve I'm not talking about you here because I know you got a brain, but I'm making a point, I feel that too many hide their nature, and it's not stimulating for development or evolution!

#227762 - 03/16/07 12:24 PM Re: Privacy issues [Re: LightAngel]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

I will disagree with you here. STRONGLY disagree.

Money IS EVERYTHING. Let's see how happy you are if you end up sleeping in a cardboard box? Yes, you will still have your pride though won't you? Or will you? I can assure you that no pawn shop is going to want to buy your Baphomet medallian to give you a bit of extra funds for that can of Pork And Beans you may be needing to sustain yourself.

Some people are less apt to tell anyone their 'nature' and for good reason too. Some have more to lose than perhaps you yourself may have to lose.

It could be the year 2055 and there would still be cause to keep secrets. Secrets hold power.

For those who 'can' let everyone know who and what they are I envy. I certainly cannot tell everyone in My circle. This would be sudden death.

I am reminded of an old Clark Gable movie I once saw.. the title is fitting here. Sometimes....it serves best to simply 'Run Silent, Run Deep'.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#227763 - 03/16/07 01:00 PM Re: Privacy issues [Re: Evil_Eve]
LightAngel Offline

I'm strong enough to handle disagreement.

To hide your true nature is only wise when it comes to material needs, and fake friends.

You can play all the roles you want too, if it makes you happy then it's your road.

But I don't fear the hate of others because I love myself, and I rather be alone than together with a lot of people I don't even like.

I do get your point Eve, but I still choose to be true to my nature because I know that some lies will only hurt myself in the long run.

So sure I will lose some ''friends'' but if I lose them, then they never were my true friends in the first place.

#227764 - 03/16/07 01:08 PM Re: Privacy issues [Re: LightAngel]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

I truly don't think you have ever been 'down and out'. Let Me take you to some of the dark alley ways or to the local missions here in Indianapolis or even Chicago or...anywhere your heart so desires.

It's easy for you to say this, because you are not in a cardboard box. You have never been totally abandoned, and let Me add, that in the long run your love for yourself isn't going to keep you alive, it's the ones around you 'true friends or not' that will help sustain you.

Self Preservation is the HIGHEST law.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#227765 - 03/16/07 01:21 PM Re: Privacy issues [Re: Evil_Eve]
LightAngel Offline

Here you are making a mistake because you dunno me, and I dunno you either, so you don't know what I been through, just like I dunno what you been through.

I look through my eyes, just like you look through your eyes.

I'm trying to look through your eyes so I can understand what you mean, but I know that I only see with one eye here.

We can only understand what we have felt.

''Self Preservation is the HIGHEST law'' I agree with that 100%, but my self preservation might be different than yours.

#227766 - 03/16/07 01:25 PM Re: Privacy issues [Re: LightAngel]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

''Self Preservation is the HIGHEST law'' I agree with that 100%, but my self preservation might be different than yours.

Care to elaborate on that comment? Self preservation is JUST THAT.

I don't claim to know you. What I am saying is this:

I don't feel you have ever been TRULY alone. When I say alone I mean it. NOBODY no one there, NO one to talk to, NO where to go NO NOTHING. I have never been there Myself nor do I care to go anywhere near that place.

Quote:

I'm trying to look through your eyes so I can understand what you mean, but I know that I only see with one eye here

You aren't a Cyclops are you?

I had a guy once tell Me to look through his one eye and I tell ya, I was blinded for a week! (tossing in a bit of humor here). It was really only for an hour or so if I recall correctly. Stung like the dickens too (no pun intended). Go ahead you can LAUGH! I am.

What is your idea of 'self preservation'? In honest, I would truly like to know.

#227767 - 03/17/07 12:27 AM Re: Privacy issues [Re: Evil_Eve]
LightAngel Offline

Quote:

For those who 'can' let everyone know who and what they are I envy. I certainly cannot tell everyone in My circle. This would be sudden death.

I would of course also do anything to survive, so here we do agree.

But my point for posting in this topic was more to share my opinion about openness... ( And I did post that this wasn't personally about you Eve, I was just making a point )

I don't think this is any different than if for example a person is gay, then that person can choose to live in the closet with his sexuality, or he can choose to live open with his sexuality, a person like that might lose some ''friends'' but he will feel way better with himself in the long run if he is honest about his sexuality.

And here in my land it's very accepted to be gay now, and it's because of the strong people who has been fighting for the right to be true to their nature

#227768 - 03/17/07 03:33 AM Re: Privacy issues [Re: LightAngel]
LightAngel Offline

One last thing, you are right, I am very lucky to live in this land because we are more free here than they are many other places, and I'm also lucky to have real love around me.

I would also put on an act if I had to do it to survive, but luckily I don't have to, not most of the time anyway, of course there can be situations where an act is needed, but I always do my best to be me, because being me makes me feel great inside.

#227769 - 03/24/07 07:58 PM Re: Privacy issues [Re: Evil_Eve]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
We talked about this here.

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

#227770 - 03/24/07 08:34 PM Re: Privacy issues [Re: MagistraNadramia]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Thank you, it's been awhile since I have visited the read this first section. My mistake. I understand.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#227771 - 03/30/07 08:00 PM Re: Privacy issues [Re: Evil_Eve]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
Quote:

Money IS EVERYTHING

I disagree.

That would be Time.

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#227772 - 03/30/07 08:56 PM Re: Privacy issues [Re: LightAngel]
ABZU Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Oregon
Quote:

To hide your true nature is only wise when it comes to material needs, and fake friends.

Grow up.

Your lack of perspective especially regarding Lesser Magic is glaringly obvious. If you go around showing your true colors to everyone you encounter, you are either a rube, or immature, or possibly both. The end result is that in the daily course of your life you are giving away information about yourself and receiving none in return. This is completely counterintuitive and contrary to any real practitioner of Lesser Magic and the arts of manipulation.

Carry your cross if you wish, but donít come pushing that horseshit here.

ABZU

Church of Satan

"As I have stated, the paradox where more people are "talking" dark forces up, down, and sideways, but fewer than ever are actually living as night people, provokes speculation. The moral here is that when everybody's talking, very few are doing. More time is spent comparing notes with aficionados than in enjoying the hobby per se."
A.S.L. / T.D.N.

#227773 - 03/31/07 02:03 AM Re: Privacy issues [Re: ABZU]
LightAngel Offline

I'm not sure I should even reply, but I tell you this, my life is fine, and things are going my way.

I got no need to lie about who I am, I guess I'm from a more free land than you.

And there's no cross for me to carry, but you look a bit angry, is that your cross?

PS, maybe you need to read all I said in this topic in order to get my point, I think we all hide our true nature every now and then, but I believe it's best to be honest in the long run.

Forum Stats
12172 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405810 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements