Topic Options
#22800 - 01/23/04 12:51 PM The Balance Factor (duality at it's best)
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Coincidences come in various shapes and sizes. Life seems filled with these "magical" occurances, and usually go overlooked. Their just coincidences after all, right?

I've always seen magic as a tool. Like any tool, it is only as useful as the user. Ritualization has been used to come by things in my life that were not attainable by "mundane" means. Scaling the chain of command in the company I am currently employed with in a matter of three months for instance, where it took others two years. I had employed all the means neccesary to accomplish this, but just added that extra "something" to the mix to be sure. As I said, if the user isn't worth it, then magic won't do a damn thing.

Then one day, there was a loss in the family. As stated in a previous post. Death happens, it's one of the only absolutes, but what brings me to this post today is not the destroyer of life, but life itself! Perhaps it was the cuisine from my favorite little bistro settling on my stomach late at night, or the events that had unfolded the day of the funeral. I had retired to bed for the night, and was sleeping quite soundly when I began to dream. In said dream, I was present in a room with no light save for a mirror which was giving off enough light to see a heavily shadowed reflection of myself. As I look to my reflection for a time, I hear a female voice say "One life ends, another begins" in hushed tones, and I wake up.

"What a weird dream," I had thought as I fell back to sleep, and slept the rest of the night. I couldn't shake that dream though for the next two days. Something about it stuck, but I couldn't put my finger on it. So yesterday, I find out news that will change my life forever.

I am going to be a father.

So needless to say, after my elation, terror, and acceptance, I sat down to think about the future. The first thing that came to mind was that dream, and then it was gone. Perhaps it was just something I knew, but wasn't perceiving. Maybe it was the deep dish pizza I ate ...or maybe, just maybe, it was all a coincidence.

Ave Vita!

Solomon

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#22801 - 01/23/04 02:31 PM Re: The Balance Factor (duality at it's best) [Re: Solomon]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

The birth of my son was singularly one of the most powerful and magical experiences of my life.

When I found out I was to be a father, I was almost in shock as well. Life has never been the same since that day, and for all that I have had to sacrifice for him, it is all worth it.

I salute you and congratulate you!

#22802 - 01/23/04 04:11 PM Re: The Balance Factor (duality at it's best) [Re: Solomon]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations Solomon!!!

The birth of your child is one of the most magical and amazing things that can happen in your life! My son, Nathaniel, is my entire world. I cannot imagine life without him, and even though there were many hardships during the times of his birth, I regret nothing.

I wish you and yours all the greatness and success that life has to offer!

Hail Solomon!

#22803 - 01/23/04 11:07 PM Re: The Balance Factor (duality at it's best) [Re: Solomon]
Anonymous
Unregistered

synchronicity...the combination lock principle.

#22804 - 01/24/04 03:25 AM Re: The Balance Factor (duality at it's best) [Re: Solomon]
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
First, I offer you my condolonces for your recent loss.

Secondly, I would like to congratulate you on your upcoming fatherhood.

It's beautiful how life and energy never truly leave but remanifest themselves.

The mind is also full of wonders. Intuitive dreams and premonitions are quite the curiosities. I have many myself and always tend to wonder how or why they come to be.

Nonetheless, they always seem to serve their purposes well, don't they?

Congratulations again. I hope you have a very pleasing fatherhood.

#22805 - 01/24/04 07:42 AM Re: The Balance Factor (duality at it's best) [Re: Solomon]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Why not enjoy the experience of the voice you heard without having to niche it rationally?

It is already very special. Would it hurt to keep it so?

Congratulations, Father!

#22806 - 01/24/04 08:14 AM Re: The Balance Factor (duality at it's best) [Re: Nemo]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Not at all Magister, not at all

I have found it is the irrational that makes the magic in life. I hold those moments to be very precious, and in this instance, I can't stop beaming with pride for the knowledge that I walk this earth not only as a Satanist, and successful man, but now most importantly, a Dad.

Thank you.

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#22807 - 01/24/04 09:31 AM Re: The Balance Factor (duality at it's best) [Re: Solomon]
Mr_Scary Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Colorado springs, Colorado
I myself became a father, for the third time, ten months ago. A baby boy named Damian. He is most important, as all my children are. Absorb every moment, they go by so fast. Congratulations!
Hail Satan and our offspring!
Scary

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406365 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements