Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#22839 - 01/24/04 09:57 AM blanche barton
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was viewing the Church of Satan website earlier, and I was wondering, since Blanche Barton is now Magistra Templi Rex and no longer High Priestess, what are her functions in the church?

#22840 - 01/24/04 10:29 AM Re: blanche barton
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Blanche Barton is the chairwoman of the Council of Nine

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#22841 - 01/24/04 12:06 PM Re: blanche barton [Re: MagisterRose]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your reply. But now that leads me to this: what is the Council of Nine? What do they do?

#22842 - 01/24/04 12:11 PM Re: blanche barton
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Information is on a need to know basis.

You do not need to know. Nor should you have any purpose in knowing.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#22843 - 01/24/04 12:12 PM Re: blanche barton [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ouch, have I hit a nerve there? My apologies.

#22844 - 01/24/04 12:15 PM Re: blanche barton
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>>have I hit a nerve there?<<

Not at all.

It is simply that I always think it is slightly suspicious when strangers ask specific questions regarding the workings and doings of the CoS.

I would say that all you need to know is already on the CoS homepage.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#22845 - 01/24/04 12:26 PM Re: blanche barton [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Suspicious? $100 isn't THAT much but surly it's fair to ask questions about any group that takes your mony in return for membership.

#22846 - 01/24/04 12:59 PM Re: blanche barton
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can see both parties concern here. And I think it would be natural to ask questions of the Church (in this section) prior to joining them.

But respect where respect is due!

HS!

#22847 - 01/24/04 01:13 PM "Council of Nine"
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
UVRAY, don't you love it when people ask questions whose answers are right in front of them, and when you tell them it's over their heads, they blame it on you?

From The Church of Satan website, in the "Affiliation" section, under the header "Priesthood of Mendes":

Quote:

Members of the Priesthood make up the Council of Nine, which is the ruling body of the organization, responsible to the High Priest/Priestess.

#22848 - 01/24/04 01:27 PM Re: blanche barton
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
$100 isn't THAT much but surly it's fair to ask questions about any group that takes your mony in return for membership.

The CoS doesn't take your money, you offer it to them. It's declared in a very clear way on the website that you do not need to affiliate with the CoS to be considered a Satanist.

#22849 - 01/24/04 01:57 PM Re: blanche barton [Re: Mason_Rust]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, I know.

I'm just saying it's fair enough to ask about an org that is willing to receive money you offer (happy now, quibbler?). All they have to do is either answer the questions (Like Magister Rose did) or to say "no, that is secret".

Why not let them answrr instead of kiss their ass to impress them by telling us how stupid our questions are?

Luckily certain members here have impressed me, if not I would have been to thinkign you are all alot of morons with some strange need to be proving yourself on this forum!

#22850 - 01/24/04 02:23 PM Re: blanche barton
BlueMoon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Quote:

Luckily certain members here have impressed me, if not I would have been to thinkign you are all alot of morons with some strange need to be proving yourself on this forum

If you want to be impressed, go to a circus and watch the artists!

BTW : YOU should ask yourself, why are YOU here in the
first place!?

Find me on MySpace...

[color:"silver"]Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
~ Harvey Fierstein[/color]

#22851 - 01/24/04 02:37 PM Re: blanche barton [Re: BlueMoon]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where may I buy the "Standard LttD Response Book of the CoS"? You seem to be having a copy of it.

Several CoS mmbers wrote to me privately and they does not think like you about me. Here is the best one I received now:

"Hi Lillan,

first: welcome to the board.

Personally, I am quite impressed by people who are "straight ahead" and don't hide behind empty phrases. Obviously you say what you think, and I like that.

Nevertheless you will soon find out (if you have not done already) there are some who like to play "the wise guys" and enjoy "flaming the newbies".

There are indeed some people here (and they are not necessarily Priests or members of the hierarchy) who are really smart and know what they are talking about, but note that only Agents, Priests, Magisters or the High Priestress are to give official statements concerning the CoS policy.

I hope you will enjoy your time on the board, even if I predict that sooner or later you will face some serious discussions due to your "straightness", because there are always some smart asses who like to get really harsh when others don't share their opinions.
"

I removed the signature to "protect" this fine gntleman's anonymity. I thought BlueMoon would enjoy the reading of it!

Thnaks, Mr X!

#22852 - 01/24/04 02:44 PM Re: blanche barton
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Where may I buy the "Standard LttD Response Book of the CoS"? You seem to be having a copy of it.

I love your sarcasm Miss Umea! But I do still feel that respect should be given where necessary. (I hope you don't take this the wrong way).

HS!

#22853 - 01/24/04 02:45 PM Re: blanche barton
BlueMoon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Damn, thats so funny...
Wheres the answer to the question?
WHy are you here in the first place?

Find me on MySpace...

[color:"silver"]Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
~ Harvey Fierstein[/color]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
43876 Topics
405566 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements