Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#228600 - 03/17/07 04:26 PM Bull Fought Back
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
(I've never understood this "sport". I'm sure this happens alot more often than I'm aware of but I still felt a sense of justice and smiled after reading about this schmuck bullfighter.)

Matador's chances of fatherhood hurt by goring
Thu Mar 15, 9:10 AM

MADRID (Reuters) - If Spanish matador Fernando Cruz ever has children, he'll have doctors at the Valencia bullring to thank after he suffered a double goring.

Cruz, 25, is recovering in hospital after the second bull of Tuesday's corrida caught him in the upper thigh, throwing him into the air, and gored him in the groin once he hit the ground.

Newspapers reproduced the eye-watering bulletin issued by surgeons at the bullring after a two-hour operation and film of the incident was played on the main evening news.

"Fernando Cruz is suffering from two horn wounds of 25 centimeters in length each. One involves the fibers of the abductor muscle and dissects the femoral artery, the other involves the scrotal area and eviscerates both testicles."

Cruz was sitting up in his hospital bed on Wednesday. Astonishingly, he is expected to be back in action in around three weeks.

source
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#228601 - 03/17/07 04:39 PM The only thing I dig in a corrida [Re: Shade]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Bravo toro, bravo

#228602 - 03/17/07 06:03 PM Re: The only thing I dig in a corrida [Re: Assabrah]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Ya mess wit da bull...

#228603 - 03/17/07 06:06 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Shade]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

I always root for the bull.

#228604 - 03/17/07 06:31 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Shade]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Another point for natural justice!

#228605 - 03/17/07 07:22 PM Re: The only thing I dig in a corrida [Re: Assabrah]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Bravo toro, bravo

Haha! Bravo! I love it!
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

#228606 - 03/17/07 07:24 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: HellofallHells]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I always root for the bull.

ME TOO! I've read stories of some pretty gruesome accidents and seen those "When Good Animals Go BAD" shows but the description of the injury in this one was too much to pass up.

#228607 - 03/17/07 07:25 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Maya]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Another point for natural justice!

Exactly! I cheered!

#228608 - 03/17/07 08:47 PM Re: The only thing I dig in a corrida [Re: Assabrah]
Darkened Offline

Well, at least if he was curious about questioning his sexuality...

#228609 - 03/17/07 08:51 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Shade]
Darkened Offline

Ha! I love these examples- the type where stupidity actually is painful

#228610 - 03/17/07 09:00 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Shade]
Entity Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Avalon UK
Quote:

Astonishingly, he is expected to be back in action in around three weeks.

I'll wager that this is not the sort of action his sexual partner(s) might be interested in...

Nothing is better than to live according to one's taste. - François Villon

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#228611 - 03/17/07 09:09 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Entity]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I'll wager that this is not the sort of action his sexual partner(s) might be interested in...

I am not betting against the odds - I think you are right!

#228612 - 03/17/07 09:35 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Shade]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I have a friend that was invited to such a spectacle when visiting Spain. He found the abuse of an animal for entertainment to be disgusting, but out of courtesy for the people who invited him, he just sat there and said nothing. Until the moment the bull managed to catch the matador with a horn and hurl him up in the air. My friend stood up and cheered!

Everyone around him looked at him like he was a Martian.

And he was like… “What? Not everyone has to root for the same team!”

#228613 - 03/18/07 11:14 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: HellofallHells]
redheadgrl Offline

Me too!

#228614 - 03/19/07 01:50 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Shade]
Noelia Offline

Loc: Spain
Well, this happens all the time although most injuries are not so severe...People that support bullfights use this as an excuse:

"-It´s a battle to death between the bullfighter and the bull-" (too bad the bull doesn´t get to choose whether he wants in or not!).

I don´t feel sorry for him, if you put yourself in front of a bull you should assume that something like this can happen to you!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements