Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#228615 - 03/19/07 05:53 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Shade]
Mile_Highlander Offline

I'm not what you would call an "animal lover", but I certainly would not support this kind of treatment of an animal. This so-called sport looks more like slow torture than a contest.

#228616 - 03/19/07 06:11 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Shade]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#228617 - 03/19/07 06:16 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: gypsy]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
AIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I had to watch that peeking through my fingers and eyes snapped shut half the time! But good to see the bull gets his day occasionally!
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#228618 - 03/19/07 06:53 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Shade]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here

Quote:

had to watch that peeking through my fingers and eyes snapped shut half the time!

Open your eyes for this one...
Running of the bulls...

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#228619 - 03/20/07 06:08 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Shade]
JysusCryst Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
What is it they do with the bull after they kill it??? I've heard both that they eat it in a big festival, and that they leave it for the buzzards out somewhere.

While I'm not for the bullfights, I'm not exactly against it if they eat the bull afterwards. It is still always fun when the bull gets its revenge though!

#228620 - 03/20/07 06:25 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: JysusCryst]
c23 Offline

Loc: Heaven Street, Europe.
I cannot imagine the meat being good after all that hassle. The best meat comes from "relaxed" animals. The ones that are snuffed sitting in a Lazy Boy enjoying Ernest Goes To Jail with a bit of Sprite Zero and popcorn.

#228621 - 03/20/07 06:37 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: HellofallHells]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

I always root for the bull.

As do I. Anyone who partakes in this barbaric 'sport' deserves to be disembowled by a nice sharp set of horns.

What is that We say? HORNS UP! Indeed.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#228622 - 03/20/07 06:38 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: c23]
JysusCryst Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Quote:

I cannot imagine the meat being good after all that hassle. The best meat comes from "relaxed" animals. The ones that are snuffed sitting in a Lazy Boy enjoying Ernest Goes To Jail with a bit of Sprite Zero and popcorn.

That sounds an awful lot like my grandfather. I wonder if he'd make a good hamburger??? Lol.

Which leads me the the question, is it Satanic to be cannibalistic if the person being eaten wants to be??? After they die of course.
I'd like to put into my will that my body gets donated cannibals.

"Tonight's special is Fried Satanist served with salad and your choice of soup. The meal also includes a complimentary wine that you may choose from this list."

#228623 - 03/21/07 03:42 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Mile_Highlander]
Torquemada Offline

Loc: Spain&UK
Well, well, well. I know many people hate bullfighting. I know many people consider it a barbaric and atrocious show. However, I beg to differ.

I personally like bullfighting.

The first time I was in “Las Ventas”, the main “Plaza de Toros” (bullfighting place or arena) of Madrid, I enjoyed it very much. I was drinking wine, smoking a big cigar (Fidel Castro size) and I had a very good time there. In fact, for several years I was a usual visitor of “Las Ventas”. I love “corridas”.

It is not a sport. It is an art. In fact, it is the only art in which the artist can be killed. It has happened several times. Several bullfighters have died from the wounds inflicted by the bull.

Many people say bullfighting is barbaric. I do not think so.

Bullfighting is a millenary tradition. You can like it or dislike it. However, it remains a very noble sport. If the bullfighter is being attacked by the bull, there is not a sniper from the police or private security to shoot the bull. The bull has some ways to defend himself. When you go to hunt you go with rifles. The hunters are so valiant¡¡¡¡¡

They are always at a safe distance, and protected by gunfire. I would like to see a hunter in Africa to go to hunt a lion with a sword and a red piece of clothe. It would be real fun. I know some black people went to hunt lions with spears. Bravo for them. That is noble indeed.

People say it is degrading for the animal. I do not think so. The bull has three options:

1. An eccentric millionaire can keep him alive.
2. He gets killed because his meat is going to be sold.
3. He can fight in a “corrida”.

Certainly, the bull has no choice. But their end is much better if they can fight instead of being killed peacefully and methodically by an electrical shock in a farm.

I prefer them to run, be brave, and try to catch the bullfighter. Who remembers the name of an animal sacrificed for eating?

Many people remember the names of the most valiant animals. They fought, they died with certain honour. People in the world of Toros respect very much the animal. They do not mock him. They fight with him following the rules of the tradition. Does the animal suffer? Yes. But also has the opportunity to give back. And sometimes the animal gives back. Sometimes the animal kills the other animal in human shape. I do not pity the bullfighter. He has chosen his job, and he knows what can happen to him.

I have heard some hunters express their disapproval about bullfighting. That sounds ironic to me. People who enjoy getting into a car and go to a forest with a rifle, and shoot some defenceless birds are cowards if you compare them with bullfighters. Has a bird any chance against pellets? Of course, they would not risk their precious lives. A bullfighter does risk voluntarily his own life, fighting with a furious beast of 600kg. The bird hunter, fox hunter, or whatever, comes back to his 4X4 perfectly safe. I say: COWARD.

They say bullfighting is degrading. What’s more degrading than going to a forest and kill with an expensive weapon an animal who can not defend himself? At least the Toro has a chance. I never heard of a fox hunter who got killed by the fox. I also never heard of hunters getting killed by birds. But I have heard of bullfighters being killed by Toros.

It is not a game, it is not barbaric. It is just a peculiar mixture of art and sport. I can understand the point of view of those who dislike bullfighting. But I wonder if they are also against hunting, death penalty, eating meat, fishing, etc?

When someone eats a lobster, and I do like them, the lobster is burnt alive in boiling water. Just for the fun of people eating in a table with candles, and wearing shoes made with babies of crocodile (Manolo Blahnik???). Furs of bison? What’s more degrading?

When you eat some fish, that fish was killed because someone put a thin cord with a little harpoon inside a river. Then, the fish suffers horribly having metallic wires in the throat, and finally dies from asphyxia in the bag of a guy who is happily with their children. They all look at the fish, they laugh, they are excited. The fish is an animal in agony. But that is politically correct. It is so cosy and lovely to go to a beautiful wood to suffocate fish with your granddad¡¡¡

I am not going to get radical or fundamentalist here. I am not such a person. I have exaggerated on purpose. I have been carried away by my passion, as I love bullfighting.

My point is: we should think better, there are many wrong things in life that we all do. It is easy to say that some things are barbaric. But if one thinks just a bit, one will realise that there are around us many more barbaric, degrading and scary things than bullfighting.

To sum up: you can like it, or not. I do like it.

By the way, I also have fun when the bull gets the ass of a bad bullfighter.

Best,

Torquemada

#228624 - 03/21/07 05:41 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Torquemada]
Mile_Highlander Offline

So tell me, Torq..... If the bull kills the fighter, does it get to leave the arena, or does it have to face another fighter?

#228625 - 03/21/07 06:13 PM Re: Bull Fights are disgusting [Re: Torquemada]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
Keep the following rule in mind.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

As a Satanist I personally cannot approve the torture of an innocent animal.
This is not for food..but for folklore.
And the word 'attacked' is out of place in this case.
An animal got provoked, got beat-up and got drugged before they torture it in front of a sheering audience.
Let it almost bleed to death and cut off ears and tail while still alive.
I find it strange that you call yourself a Satanist and are in favor of bullfights, my two cents here.
This is a disgusting tradition that needs to end.
You want arena's and old traditions in Spain?..stop using innocent animals.
Start using murderers, dope dealers, child molesters and scum of the earth and let 'em fight in gladiator style. This makes more sense to me.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#228626 - 03/21/07 06:14 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Mile_Highlander]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
Excellent question!

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#228627 - 03/21/07 09:31 PM A cowardly "sport" in need of improvement. [Re: Torquemada]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I would be more impressed if the matador faced an unharmed, unexhausted bull ... and without any weapons.

What?

You mean he would almost always be killed outright if an unexhausted, unwounded bull actually attacked?

Ah yes.

Pretty boring.

Highly predictable.

The reality as it IS.

Just try to imagine the “entertainment” value of this scenario instead:

Idiot antagonizes living death.

Idiot dies.

Bring out the next idiot.

In modern times we generally assign “Darwin Awards” to such behavior - not "honor".

The Spanish bullfight stabs, cuts and exhausts the bull down to the level of the “elegant” primate who, with "grace" and "courage", sometimes still gets chopped down.

So the point of the bull fight is to see how bravely and gracefully the matador can move close to a still dangerous, but bleeding and exhausted animal?

I see the same old preconscious assumptions behind all this.

People afraid of their own mortality wish to see death “in the flesh”.

If the matador can bravely face death and live, then this symbolic contest will magically enable the audience member to somehow "defeat" death - by proxy?

Uh.

This never works however.

Blood sacrifice is a fundamental to the bull killings of Mithras (from which bullfighting stemmed) and is an integral part of the theology of Christianity (the shedding of Christ's blood for the remission of sins), but is hardly Satanic.

Curiously those who have actually faced uncontrolled violence and experienced death up front in their real lives (as in military action, for example) usually do not exhibit this desire and do not find such spectacles “entertaining”.

It is however sadistic and unnecessarily cruel.

Historically, the bullfights are what remain of the old Roman circus. That is a fascinating fact. It remains an atavistic piece of the past that shames the cultures that still practice it as public entertainment.

The herd enjoyed seeing violence and blood then as well.

Safely.

As “sport”.

From the stands.

However I see bullfighting as a cowardly sport in need of severe improvement:

Naked, weaponless single matador versus healthy, undamaged bull.

But the outcome would be obvious.

Generally your posts have been witty and interesting.

This one causes me to raise both of my eyebrows, however.

This religion is named “Satanism”, not “sadism”.

Just a reminder to any who might read this.

#228628 - 03/21/07 10:43 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Torquemada]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Killing an animal for food is just a part of nature. One thing must die for another's survival. Food produced animals are killed quickly (unless it is for religious reasons).

Killing an animal to gain some "oohs" and "awes" is just plain vicious entertainment. You can cover a lot of ridiculous and sadistic things by simply concealing it under the disguise of honor and culture. But I don't buy it.

That is just my take on it.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#228629 - 03/21/07 10:51 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Torquemada]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Wrong.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12085 Members
73 Forums
43861 Topics
405444 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements