I'm not exactly against it ...

You are living up to your name.

#228676 - 03/25/07 05:30 PM Same story. [Re: YaeK]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Same story.

I am opposed to it.

If one is going to butcher an animal for food it is not Satanic to torture the beast before hand.

Period.

#228677 - 03/25/07 05:54 PM Re: How I approach it. [Re: Nemo]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

I wear shoes.

Those are some damn fine shoes too!

#228678 - 03/25/07 10:36 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Nemo]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Quote:

Indeed...

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#228679 - 03/26/07 02:30 AM Re: Same story. [Re: Nemo]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Quote:

If one is going to butcher an animal for food it is not Satanic to torture the beast before hand.

On another note, as c23 said this also decreases meat quality. Not to mention that meat from female animals seems to unanimously taste better than meat from male animals (I think its the hormones, even if they're de-sexed).

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#228680 - 03/26/07 02:53 AM Re: Same story. [Re: Nemo]
YaeK Offline

Loc: Portugal
Much agreed.

I'd also like to mention something that I believe no one has talked about in this thread so far, but that sure deserves to be pointed out.

Most people (obviously) focus all on the bull, and often completely forget something else. The horse, when there is one.

Those "beautiful, noble horses" are treated anything but with loving care. They too must suffer the bull's attacks, in only vain attempts to escape. Also, as the animals panik, the horsemen force spurs into their ribs, causing deep wounds and infections that every bullfight lover appears to ignore. Where's the "nobility" in it for the horse?

Some of those horses really suffer severe injuries, not only at the bull's expense, but at the rider's, too.
I remember my mother telling me about this years ago when we bumped into one of those things on TV. It was disgusting, as the image I have most clear of it are both exhausted animals bleeding from very ugly looking cuts.

Like I did say, it's usually better in Portugal. But it's never good.

#228681 - 03/26/07 05:00 AM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Shade]
DarkView5150 Offline

Serves the prick right (pun intended).

DarkView5150

#228682 - 03/26/07 06:16 AM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Nemo]
JysusCryst Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Quote:

Quote:

When I say I'm not exactly against it, I mean that I am not against a man entering a ring with a bull armed with only a sword and piece of red cloth for a battle to the death (or only injured in the case of the man). Though I am against the fact that they use a weak and exhausted bull.

My view is that while the bullfight is cruel, it's also a chance to let the animal live. As someone said before, if the bull kills the matador, it is set free. If the bull dies, than it is used for food, which is in accordance to the 10th Satanic Rule of the Earth.

I think of it like this. If I was raised my entire life only to be killed in a slaughter house, I'd much rather die in a battle which gave me a chance to escape instead of being killed in the death chamber peacefully.

#228683 - 03/26/07 06:30 AM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: JysusCryst]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Quote:

My view is that while the bullfight is cruel, it's also a chance to let the animal live.

Simply leaving the animal alone in the first place would accomplish the same goal.

#228684 - 03/26/07 06:43 AM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: JysusCryst]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

I think of it like this. If I was raised my entire life only to be killed in a slaughter house, I'd much rather die in a battle which gave me a chance to escape instead of being killed in the death chamber peacefully.

I'm sure the bull used this exact line of reasoning before it volunteered for the battle.

Myself, I would have chosen a life of fucking and eating grass.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#228685 - 03/26/07 07:41 AM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: JysusCryst]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When I say I'm not exactly against it, I mean that I am not against a man entering a ring with a bull armed with only a sword and piece of red cloth for a battle to the death (or only injured in the case of the man). Though I am against the fact that they use a weak and exhausted bull.

My view is that while the bullfight is cruel, it's also a chance to let the animal live. As someone said before, if the bull kills the matador, it is set free. If the bull dies, than it is used for food, which is in accordance to the 10th Satanic Rule of the Earth.

Living is one thing. Being FORCED into battle for sport IN ORDER TO be 'able' to continue to LIVE, is an entirely different thing. It is CRUEL and SADISTIC.

We all hear of the stories of Pit Bulls, Dobermans, Rotties, EVEN CHICKENS who are put into a pen together to fight it out to the death. This is all for SPORT and PROFIT and ENTERTAINMENT.

Are you against these things? I am. Bull Fighting takes this one step further. They don't 'arm the bull with a sword'. They beat the Bull down. Even if they didn't, it still is NOT a fair battle and even if it WERE it is still a barbaric sick and twisted practice. Your logic is seriously flawed.

Get back up on the cross honey....
<CLICK!>

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#228686 - 03/26/07 11:51 AM Scientists create a sheep that's 15% human [Re: Shade]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
I just read this story ...

Now scientists create a sheep that's 15% human

Scientists have created the world's first human-sheep chimera - which has the body of a sheep and half-human organs.

The sheep have 15 per cent human cells and 85 per cent animal cells - and their evolution brings the prospect of animal organs being transplanted into humans one step closer.

Professor Esmail Zanjani, of the University of Nevada, has spent seven years and 5million perfecting the technique, which involves injecting adult human cells into a sheep's foetus.

He has already created a sheep liver which has a large proportion of human cells and eventually hopes to precisely match a sheep to a transplant patient, using their own stem cells to create their own flock of sheep.

The process would involve extracting stem cells from the donor's bone marrow and injecting them into the peritoneum of a sheep's foetus. When the lamb is born, two months later, it would have a liver, heart, lungs and brain that are partly human and available for transplant.

"We would take a couple of ounces of bone marrow cells from the patient,' said Prof Zanjani, whose work is highlighted in a Channel 4 programme tomorrow.

"We would isolate the stem cells from them, inject them into the peritoneum of these animals and then these cells would get distributed throughout the metabolic system into the circulatory system of all the organs in the body. The two ounces of stem cell or bone marrow cell we get would provide enough stem cells to do about ten foetuses. So you don't just have one organ for transplant purposes, you have many available in case the first one fails."

At present 7,168 patients are waiting for an organ transplant in Britain alone, and two thirds of them are expected to die before an organ becomes available.

Scientists at King's College, London, and the North East Stem Cell Institute in Newcastle have now applied to the HFEA, the Government's fertility watchdog, for permission to start work on the chimeras.

But the development is likely to revive criticisms about scientists playing God, with the possibility of silent viruses, which are harmless in animals, being introduced into the human race.

Dr Patrick Dixon, an international lecturer on biological trends, warned: "Many silent viruses could create a biological nightmare in humans. Mutant animal viruses are a real threat, as we have seen with HIV."

Animal rights activists fear that if the cells get mixed together, they could end up with cellular fusion, creating a hybrid which would have the features and characteristics of both man and sheep. But Prof Zanjani said: "Transplanting the cells into foetal sheep at this early stage does not result in fusion at all."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...ource=&ct=5

#228687 - 03/26/07 12:20 PM Re: Scientists create a sheep that's 15% human [Re: LightAngel]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Not nitpicking but how do you figure this article fits in this thread?

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#228688 - 03/26/07 12:35 PM Re: Scientists create a sheep that's 15% human [Re: gypsy]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
I was thinking about posting a whole new topic, but I thought it was ok to post it in here because some people might consider this to be animal abuse also

Edited by LightAngel (03/26/07 12:37 PM)

#228689 - 03/26/07 12:39 PM What a bunch of bull. [Re: JysusCryst]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

What a bunch of bull.

YOU can make a choice.

The BULL is not given a choice.

The torture of animals is against Satanic principles.

This is not an issue of debate.

You are wrong in this view as a Satanist.

Can you correct your understanding or will false pride cause you to cling to animal cruelty instead?

Thank it through.

It is really a black and white issue.

"Satanism requires study." -ASL

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405804 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements