Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#228690 - 03/26/07 12:41 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: Torquemada]
uncivil_serpent Offline

Loc: alabama
Quote:

When you go to hunt you go with rifles. The hunters are so valiant¡¡¡¡¡

They are always at a safe distance, and protected by gunfire.

I deer hunt on a regular basis. When I kill it is clean, quick, and painless, the deer never knows I was there. And I have been attacked by a deer, as a matter of fact I have a 8 inch scar down my chest from his hoove. Simply put you have your opinion, I have mine. And my opinion is that bullfighting IS unfair and barbaric.

Hail Satan!
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [Nietzsche]

Hail Satan!

#228691 - 03/26/07 12:47 PM It would only be animal abuse if... [Re: LightAngel]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
It would only be animal abuse if the work involved required torture to the animal.

I would assume that if the day comes when animals can produce human organs for transplant that the animals will be anesthesized for organ removal and then euthanized.

It would be cruelty in my opinion to have "sheepfighting" prior to organ removal in which grown men would stab the creature causing it to bleed and weaken with pain and exhaustion first.

#228692 - 03/26/07 01:05 PM Re: It would only be animal abuse if... [Re: Nemo]
Marcato Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Northern New England
Magister, this is something I've been wondering: Can an animal be euthanised without irreparably damaging it's tissue and organs? I've long assumed that the reason no one has pushed for "food animals" being euthanised, is that it leaves you with a pile of poison meat. And if that's the case, wouldn't it make sense that you'd have to slaughter an animal for organ harvest? I'm not a chemist, or a biologist, so I'm not sure if there are chemicals that can peacefully dispatch a creature but leave its vital organs intact. Maybe someone here can shed some light on this.

#228693 - 03/26/07 01:11 PM Re: It would only be animal abuse if... [Re: Marcato]
ModernTantalus Offline

There are certain chemicals that can do this. They cause a cardiac arrest, which isn't the most pleasant way to go, but beats being repeatedly stabbed with spears, worn out to exhaustion, and then stabbed in the back. I'd post these chemicals, but that would be irresponsible since they can be used on humans and are almost impossible to detect in a toxicology study. Anything that's detectable typically would ruin the meat. Just suffice it to say that such chemicals exists and are more common than you might think. By the way, do you think eating one of these sheep would count as cannabalism?

#228694 - 03/26/07 01:14 PM Re: Scientists create a sheep that's 15% human [Re: LightAngel]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Quote:

I was thinking about posting a whole new topic, but I thought it was ok to post it in here because some people might consider this to be animal abuse also

How many of those people do you suppose would choose death over a liver transplant simply because it was created using human stem cells into foetal sheep.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#228695 - 03/26/07 01:28 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: uncivil_serpent]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
You hunt for sport?

#228696 - 03/26/07 02:57 PM Re: Bull Fought Back [Re: JysusCryst]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

I think of it like this. If I was raised my entire life only to be killed in a slaughter house, I'd much rather die in a battle which gave me a chance to escape instead of being killed in the death chamber peacefully.

You sound as if you belong in a slaughter house.

#228697 - 03/26/07 04:47 PM Re: What a bunch of bull. [Re: Nemo]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: In transit
Quote:

What a bunch of bull.

No, this is a bunch of bull. I wonder what this "bullfighter" is thinking....

(Mexican bullfigther Joselito Adame is pinned down by a bull during a bullfight in Las Ventas, Madrid Sunday March 25, 2007.(AP Photo/EFE, Paco Campos))
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

“Up where the smoke is all billered and curled
'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
When there's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light" ~ The New Christy Minstrels

#228698 - 03/26/07 04:52 PM Re: What a bunch of bull. [Re: Shade]
Groundhog Offline

Maybe he was thinking that he should have stayed in school or maybe he wished that he didn't have to try so hard to prove what a hero he is or maybe he thought he should have just enjoyed his life a little more.

Edited by Groundhog (03/26/07 05:03 PM)

#228699 - 03/26/07 05:07 PM Re: What a bunch of bull. [Re: Groundhog]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Maybe he was thinking that he should have stayed in school or maybe he wished that he didn't have to try so hard to prove what a hero he is or maybe he thought he should have just enjoyed his life a little more.

It doesn't matter. That should have NEVER happened. I don't care if they feed the homeless/needy with it. Nothing justifies this type of abuse to an innocent animal. Makes Me Damned angry.

If someone wants to feed the hungry fine. Do it quickly and respectfully. Don't play games with the poor creature.

I'm going to back out of this thread, it only hurts Me, and I don't normally subject Myself to things I need not to.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#228700 - 03/26/07 05:07 PM Re: What a bunch of bull. [Re: Shade]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Sadly I am sure that bull fighter lived.

I highly doubt that bull is enjoying the sport with those spears stuck into his thick hide.

Culture, an excuse to be idiotic.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#228701 - 03/26/07 05:29 PM Re: What a bunch of bull. [Re: Evil_Eve]
Groundhog Offline

I hope that you don't think I'm sad that he's getting gored. I rejoice that the tables were turned and the matador's getting trounced and not the other way around, but I will never like this sport either way.

Edited by Groundhog (03/26/07 10:00 PM)

#228702 - 03/26/07 05:50 PM Re: What a bunch of bull. [Re: Shade]
Mile_Highlander Offline

Quote:

Quote:

What a bunch of bull.

No, this is a bunch of bull. I wonder what this "bullfighter" is thinking....

(Mexican bullfigther Joselito Adame is pinned down by a bull during a bullfight in Las Ventas, Madrid Sunday March 25, 2007.(AP Photo/EFE, Paco Campos))

.....The fastest Lord's Prayer ever in history, perhaps???

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum Stats
12009 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405196 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements