Topic Options
#23175 - 01/28/04 08:35 PM Default text color
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
The former default text display in posts was white. Now it's black, and on the blue background, it's a little harder on the eyes. Can we get that bit of contrast back?

#23176 - 01/28/04 10:55 PM Re: Default text color [Re: reprobate]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
I respectfully second the motion. I like the rest of the changes to the forum but the black-on-blue text is indeed harder to read.

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#23177 - 01/30/04 04:55 PM Re: Default text color [Re: reprobate]
DancingintheDark Offline

Quote:

The former default text display in posts was white. Now it's black, and on the blue background, it's a little harder on the eyes. Can we get that bit of contrast back?

This is my only gripe. Aside from that the upgrade looks a job well done.

#23178 - 01/31/04 02:41 PM Re: Default text color [Re: reprobate]
Happy Birthday Volkodlak Offline
CoS Member

Loc: North Las Vegas, NV
I concur. The text is almost lost due to the blending of black on blue.

#23179 - 02/02/04 12:05 PM Colored Text in General [Re: reprobate]
Professor_Sinister Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
On a related topic...

Is there any way to suppress UBB code for color in one's viewing preferences other than to set a default in the web browser?.

I am finding it difficult to read certain user's posts, as they have chosen to make all of the text colored in a way which, while it may work with one of the themes, does not work well with all of them. From time to time some text is unreadable for many users as someone uses the same color as a background. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem in past, but I've always found it rather annoying and with all the new board upgrades, is it possible to do something about it ?

IT REMINDS ME OF THE VAGUE ANNOYANCE THAT ONE EXPERIENCES WHEN READING SOMETHING THAT IS TYPED ENTIRELY IN CAPS.

I'd really like to read these posts, but I find myself skipping over them instead.

#23180 - 02/02/04 01:43 PM Re: Colored Text in General [Re: Professor_Sinister]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

With the exception of very limited use as a way to highlight a section of a post (i.e. one or two words), I find the overuse of the color tags to be very annoying. I am generally very tempted to go in and edit posts like that.

Perhaps there is a way to automatically set a background color for their posts which is complementary to the color text one decides to use?

Or people could just learn how to use HTML span and style tags if coding the board to automatically change the text background would be too complicated.
Prevention of Virtue

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43993 Topics
406093 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements