Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#232045 - 04/02/07 03:14 PM I am stuck in the Bible Belt.
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
How many times have you read a variation on that theme posted on this board?

Ladies and Gentlemen, those of you fortunate to live in the Bible Belt have two incredible advantages over those stationed in other parts of the Western civilized world. To wit:

(1) If you are "out of the pit" as a Satanist to any extent you can still scare the Bejezzus out of the true believers who still exist in abundance around you.

Those of you who enjoy being visible as Satanists to one degree or another can still get a rise out of your neighbors in the Bible Belt. The rest of us scattered around Europe and North America get shrugs instead.

I know one remarkable Magister who has implanted horns and dresses to the Satanic nines as his normal persona. Yet because he is on the west coast of the United States people who see him are interested in his appearance - not all that shocked.

Can you imagine how frustrating that is?

So for all of you "open" Satanists in the Bible Belt - enjoy your anachronistic neighbors. They are a dying breed and you should enjoy them while you can.

(2) Those of you who are underground Satanists in the Bible Belt have rich resources to tap.

Surrounding you are mind-numbed true believers.

Frankly if you cannot leverage that kind of highly predictable mindset to your ultimate advantage then it is going to only be much harder for you to do so elsewhere.

Look at what you have going for yourselves:

Manipulation through guilt.

"As a God-fearing Christian I keep trying to sell these vacuum cleaners but no one will even listen to me. I suppose the Lord is testing me. Wish I had something to eat."

Manipulation from peer pressure.

"My Jesus fish emblem is there to let everyone know that I am a devout born-again Christian. If you can't trust a fellow church member, who can you trust? Sign here and press hard."

Manipulation through fear.

"I know I am safe in the saving hands of Jesus but I am such a sinner. It is not through "works alone" that we are saved but I figure that helping fellow Christians is something God wants us to do. Will that be credit card or cash?"

Satanism is about getting what you want from the world as it is.

If you are fortunate enough to be situated in the Bible Belt, you are in the midst of opportunity.

Indulge!

#232046 - 04/02/07 04:32 PM Re: I am stuck in the Bible Belt. [Re: Nemo]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Quote:

How many times have you read a variation on that theme posted on this board

At last count I believe it was 400.

Great post Magister even though perhaps your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek.

A gem.

Hail Satan!

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#232047 - 04/02/07 04:36 PM Re: I am stuck in the Bible Belt. [Re: Nemo]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Yes!

Satanism is about taking the world you live in and using it for your benefit and pleasure.

Right on target, great post Sir!

#232048 - 04/02/07 07:36 PM Re: I am stuck in the Bible Belt. [Re: Nemo]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Quote:

Can you imagine how frustrating that is?

To a lesser extent, I know how frustrating it is. I do not have any body mods but I know that if I still went to the trouble of dressing up, I would just be one more goth in the bay area.

The up side?

Goth chicks are hot.

This is an excellent post, I wish it would get stickied somewhere.

#232049 - 04/02/07 07:50 PM Re: I am stuck in the Bible Belt. [Re: gypsy]
IRI Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Quote:

Quote:

How many times have you read a variation on that theme posted on this board

At last count I believe it was 400.

Great post Magister even though perhaps YOUR tongue was planted firmly in your cheek.

A gem.

Hail Satan!

You realize though, that should one merely move the tongue from the cheek, place it behind the teeth while smiling, and use the lesser magic of subtlety on the Good Magister's examples they actually work. Don't forget the good Doktor's lessons on Vampires as per The Book of Lucifer in TSB.

I use these every day with much success and amusement.

IRI

"I've got the trash if you got the cash, and maybe we can just get along fine. So give me all your money 'cuz I know you think I'm kinda funny. Can't you see us laughing, can't you see me smile. Cuz, I'm the Man!" - Joe Jackson

OR

"You've got my money in your wallet and I have what you need in my briefcase. So none of us are leavin' till we make a deal" - from a book on sales, circa 1950, that I read but can't recall the title.

"Where do people in Hell tell each other to go?"

"If we are all gods children, why is Christ so special?"

#232050 - 04/02/07 07:58 PM Re: I am stuck in the Bible Belt. [Re: Nemo]
Noel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amerika
I did not know you were stuck in the Bible Belt too, Magister, or else I'd have invited you over for some grits and cornbread.

#232051 - 04/02/07 08:39 PM Re: I am stuck in the Bible Belt. [Re: IRI]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

You realize though, that should one merely move the tongue from the cheek, place it behind the teeth while smiling, and use the lesser magic of subtlety on the Good Magister's examples they actually work. Don't forget the good Doktor's lessons on Vampires as per The Book of Lucifer in TSB.

Do I realize? Why yes I do I was born that way you know.

Church of Satan

#232052 - 04/02/07 08:58 PM Ah! Home-cooked meals! [Re: Noel]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Grits and a pull on the ole jug.

Maybe some fried chicken.

#232053 - 04/02/07 09:18 PM Re: No more Vesica Syberia! [Re: Nemo]
redheadgrl Offline

Ha, today marks 6 years since I freed myself from the Bible Belt-or what I like to refer to as the Vesica Syberia. It is a self-proclaimed holiday for me!

#232054 - 04/03/07 08:16 AM Re: No more Vesica Syberia! [Re: redheadgrl]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Well, I must say that God is very much alive in the 'Hoosier State'. The hills here have more than eyes, they also have a whole lot of nuts!

I live in a fairly nice neighborhood (Suburbia if you will) and none of My neighbors talk to Me. Never have save for the pervert Sheriff who asked Me to mow My lawn in a bikini who lives across the street. He drives a Ford RUSTstang (it's to be expected)

My father once mused that maybe this is because it appears as if the angel of death is outside gardening in a full length black dress? Yes, ever see Morticia Addams with a pair of gardening gloves and hedge clippers? Me either but you will HERE.

Oh it's grand!

In any event, since these people don't talk to Me anyway, I thought I'd have a little bit of fun yesterday and went outside to check My mail in My Ritual Robe. I even wore the hood.

Who knows what they're saying, but I really don't care at this point. It was FUN!

Mind you, that I am in a place where certain body piercings scare the bejesus out of some folk.

I keep hoping that one of those Watch-Tower people will come pay a visit but alas, I am NEVER that fortunate.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#232055 - 04/03/07 08:50 AM Singular Satanic perfection as always [Re: Nemo]
Evol Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Of all the posts I enjoy reading here Magister yours are at the top of my list. In everything I have read that you have written you leave no room for misunderstanding by eloquently entrapping the core message with your words. You truly impress me.

Given enough consideration I know that any situation can be manipulated for self benefit. That is how Satanism dominates and controls any and all other religions and indeed any other way of life.
"There are problems in today's world that cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them" Albert Einstein "A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life." Charles Darwin

#232056 - 04/03/07 10:05 AM Re: I am stuck in the Bible Belt. [Re: Nemo]
Rodim Offline

An Excellent topic Nemo. i would also like to say something about another religion, Islam. Many people in my region are Islam, after doing some research about the "quran" and its scriptures. I have found out that the quran also uses Fear and other tools to make the reader become a believer. and its also full of false hopes and illusions. Exactly as Anton stated in the "Satanic Bible" about why martyrs are ready to die for their religion, and why its wrong and is a sin. Is there something the satanic bible haven't explained yet? I just love that book

Hail to the Ego!
Hail Satan!

Edited by Rodim (04/03/07 10:07 AM)

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

#232057 - 04/03/07 12:08 PM Re: I am stuck in the Bible Belt. [Re: Nemo]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
Quote:

I know one remarkable Magister who has implanted horns and dresses to the Satanic nines as his normal persona. Yet because he is on the west coast of the United States people who see him are interested in his appearance - not all that shocked.

I have seen people with these modifications on several occasions and can attest that shock has little value in my region of the world. I can only imagine what might happen to someone with horns and a full Darkness costume if they were to be dropped off in the center of Christianville, USA.

#232058 - 04/03/07 12:33 PM Re: No more Vesica Syberia! [Re: Evil_Eve]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

In any event, since these people don't talk to Me anyway, I thought I'd have a little bit of fun yesterday and went outside to check My mail in My Ritual Robe. I even wore the hood.

I love it...Eve you are my kind of girl.

Church of Satan

#232059 - 04/03/07 12:33 PM Re: I am stuck in the Bible Belt. [Re: Nemo]
Overman Offline

Loc: London, Ontario
Fantastic post, Nemo

It is interesting to see how lesser magic works in your location, as it is very different to mine. With where I live, people are straying much more from nihilism and it's quite easy to use wonder as a dominating ingredient.

For example, my haunted house last year was a fantastic hit (as well as a fantatic profit) due to my move to a fresh new place where the nihilists do not hold sway. These fresh minds were easy to befuddle and use, since it is a small town and I walk (and run) most of the time, every last person would literally go aside of the sidewalk or road on to people's lawns and just stare as I went by.

Quite an improvement from my last interaction with nihilists

Hail Satan!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12155 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405733 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements