Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#23419 - 01/30/04 05:33 PM Thoughts about death
Anonymous
Unregistered

A couple of weeks ago a dumb person on my college course in fact most of the stupid people in the group were having a discussion about death.

I had to listen and they were saying things like whats it like to die, is it fast and other really stupid things. I would of wanted to give my thoughts on death to them but they would probably think i'm just crazy but this is my thoughts.

Death is inevitable theres no avoiding it and theres no way around it. Its just fate and every person has a set time to die. Be it when your 97 years old in an old peoples home in some town and you die of a stroke or when your in your 30's and your in a car crash or you get attacked or shot or something theres no way to avoid it even though dumb people try to avoid death you just can't. I could die tommorow but I don't care i don't fear death no matter what form it comes in, I may have a death wish but thats just my crazy point of view.

How about other people?

#23420 - 01/30/04 05:43 PM Death: Abstinence - Live: Indulgence. Questions?
Bedrosian Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Finland
dumb people try to avoid death

It's called survival, and I for one don't consider it 'dumb.'

I could die tommorow but I don't care

Well, in theory, I could die tomorrow, but I sure as Hell care about that and I will do anything to avoid it. I try to drive as safely as possible, avoid hostile situations if necessary, take care of my health and other precautions. Is that stupid?

Not fearing death, to me, is a sign of Christianity (afterlife) and/or popular herd culture (live fast, die young).

#23421 - 01/30/04 05:49 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Fearing death is natural. I'm not ashamed to say I'm afraid of it.

I fear death and I will do hatever in my power to avoid it. Of course, eventaully death will catch up with me, but until them, I'll try to enjoy life as much as I can.

#23422 - 01/30/04 05:55 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Blackheart Offline
CoS Member

Loc: England
I think I fear a painful death more than death itself. Obviously, I don't want to die because I enjoy being alive - but if I were to suddenly drop down dead, I wouldn't be around to complain about it.

I think having a death wish is slightly stupid though, because then your are actively seeking your own demise - and what Satanist wants that?

#23423 - 01/30/04 05:57 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Small minds are much distressed by little things. Great minds see them all but are not upset by them.-Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Death=Abstinence

My mind has more important thoughts and concerns

#23424 - 01/30/04 05:58 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Anonymous
Unregistered

To be honest i'm not saying that i don't fear dying cos I do its just something i'm used to saying now having told people that i ain't worried about dieing but to blatently honest it does worry me the fact that anyone thing could kill me, only about a month or 2 ago I got very drunk on far too much alchohol (a cocktail of red wine,triple gin and triple whisky followed by two cans of strong beer) and I honestly thought I was going to die. Whenever i'am out in the dark i always look behind to see if i'm being followed I avoid cars, i smoke very rarely, i hardly ever do drugs and I try to stay fit. When I was getting over being drunk on the night whilst sleeping I knew that if I layed on my back I may not wake up, so in conclusion I fear death like I fear heights.

#23425 - 01/30/04 06:00 PM Re: Thoughts about death
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I don't fear death because I'm not going to be here when it comes. Some people don't think about it. Others try to escape it through religion. Death is something you simply have to accept. I did when I was a little kid. I think most people never accept it.

Now, I say that I have accepted death. That doesn't mean that I welcome it. I will never give death permission to take me. I love life so much I could live forever.

#23426 - 01/30/04 06:10 PM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: J. Hagalaz]
CPayne Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Fargo, ND.......no, it's not l...
I love life so much I could live forever.

So why don't you?

#23427 - 01/30/04 06:12 PM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: CPayne]
Roxxxadelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
I do plan to live forever...or die trying.

#23428 - 01/30/04 06:39 PM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Roxxxadelic]
RobertE Offline

Loc: Michigan
Quote:

I do plan to live forever...or die trying.

Join the club... oh wait..
There is no Hank. You are Karl. Make your own list as you see fit. Eat as many wieners as you want, any way you want, even with a large group of consenting individuals if you want! Take pride in your wiener-eating. Make up large, elaborate ceremonies revolving around the kissing of your own ass, having them photographed and videotaped by the media if possible.

#23429 - 01/30/04 07:10 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
Death is one of the biggest mysteries in existence. Dissolution is the smallest common denominator in everything which exists be it an idea, an emotion, an object or a living creature. Everything dies, as time has a linear course which cannot be affected. Yet no-one knows what it means to the "dead". All we know for sure is that we don't know anything for sure. That's why religions and gods were invented in the first place: the fear of the unknown is unbearable as nature abhors vacuum, and for some it is better to "know" a made-up explanation than to admit that there are things that we simply don't know.

LaVey wrote that it is possible to overcome death by the fulfillment of the ego. To me it isn't very clear what he meant by this thought, but I would say that at the moment of death the person with a "strong-enough" ego creates his own Total Environment "with nothing more than his carnal brain" because he refuses to give up, he wants to live to indulge his own existence, so it could be that death is just a new beginning. (Christians, bad news: you will descend to Hell, 'cause you aren't worthy and there's no salvation for you... )

Anyway, I think that it is a waste of time thinking about death, but at the same time the occasional feeling of abhorring death is a very natural phenomena -- it indicates that the person needs more interesting, satisfying experience to his life for indulge with and not to waste his life with speculating on unfruitful dilemmas. Of course it might be that someone is so interested in the almost constant thinking about death and dying (as examining a natural process) that it actually feeds his ego.

#23430 - 01/31/04 12:12 AM Re: Thoughts about death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Death is inevitable theres no avoiding it and theres no way around it

Well, thinking like that yeah you'll die sure enough. Death is nothing more than a state of mind.

#23431 - 01/31/04 12:16 AM Re: Death: Abstinence - Live: Indulgence. Questions? [Re: Bedrosian]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
What's interesting is that death-lovers may be okay with death because of the notions they have about life and death, but they still have issues about dying.

I don't know if I fear death as such, but I of course find it distasteful to the extreme, so I naturally avoid it.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#23432 - 01/31/04 05:33 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
Death is inevitable theres no avoiding it and theres no way around it. Its just fate and every person has a set time to die.

Why?

#23433 - 01/31/04 06:23 PM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Josephine007]
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

Death is inevitable theres no avoiding it and theres no way around it. Its just fate and every person has a set time to die.

Why?

I think it has something to do with the fact that everyone who has ever been born (save for those who are not yet old enough to have expired) - from the beginning of time up till now - has died. It would seem that historical fact supports the notion that everyone will one day die.

However....

Given the leaps and bounds in which science is progressing - specifically in truly understanding what causes aging and how to not only arrest it, but reverse it - it is very reasonable to regard the inevitability of death as a thing of the past.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406007 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements