Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#23434 - 01/31/04 06:54 PM Re: Thoughts about death
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
Quote:

Death is inevitable theres no avoiding it and theres no way around it. Its just fate and every person has a set time to die.

To quote Nemo: Are you sure?

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#23435 - 01/31/04 07:19 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright I think I have to explain myself.

I say I don't fear death cos it sounds good but in truth I don't want to die. I nearly died after getting overly drunk (i'm only 16).

Even though people I know say stupid stuff about dieing its just a stupid boast when someone says I'm not scared of death.

Well if someone I knew said that to me I know how I would respond "oh so you wouldn't be scared if you were attacked and beaten and tortured till you die?" I think that would get a boaster squirming.

Thats better I cleared my thoughts

#23436 - 01/31/04 07:20 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
I refuse to die, death simply is not an option.sorry!.....

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#23437 - 01/31/04 09:30 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Please edit your word before you post!
*falls back*
*legs twitches*
*recollects herself*

Anywho, to answer your question allow me to express the following:
Death doesn't scare me. While one still lives, there should be no fear of death; however, that's not to say that I would avoid being maimed at all costs. Pain is unpleasant. (That is to say, other than the occassional kinky spanking, which can be quite nice.) Pain is unpleasant, but for the most part it's bearable and can be overcome. Also, for reasons of vanity, I wouldn't enjoy the aftermath of being maimed. That being set aside, death itself does not scare me.

Some people may argue that pain IS fear of death, but I will point out that while pain is instinct controlled by the subconscious (to avoid death), fear comes from influence or conditioning. You can impale yourself one, two, three, or FIFTY times and it will always hurt, but fear can be reasoned out and overcome. (Have you ever tried reasoning with a rusty ice pick? Yeah, it doesn't work very well.)

You're right; death will come to all eventually, so what's the use in spending one's whole life in fear of it to forget the many things in life to be enjoyed? The fear of death is a waste of time.

I'll avoid death for as long as possible ofcourse. I'll avoid it to get the most out of life, but not out of fear of death. (It'll catch up with me eventually and I want to face it with a little dignity.)I'll never be the one to say, "Oh, what will happen to me after I die?"
The feast commences for a thousand or so happy worms; that's what happens after death.
WORM CHOW!

#23438 - 01/31/04 10:10 PM best cure for mortality is... [Re: Josephine007]
Shiboleth Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
...liquid nitrogen, fuck death. *puffs on cigarrette*

#23439 - 01/31/04 10:50 PM Re: best cure for mortality is... [Re: Shiboleth]
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Ah, but to be cryogenically frozen, you must be dead.

The freezing preserves the body until, in theory, both a cure for your desease and a way to undo the damage done by the freezing process have been discovered. The former is likely to happen long before the latter. Even then, there is the question of whether or not a higher lifeform (with a complex brain and nervous system) could ever be "re-animated" to its former pre-death state.

All of those cryogenically frozen bodies are most assuredly dead. It's more efficient to not court death in the first place.

#23440 - 02/01/04 03:28 AM Re: Thoughts about death *DELETED*
een Offline

Loc: Australia
Post deleted by LKRice

#23441 - 02/01/04 04:26 AM A question for you.
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
What does The Satanic Bible have to say about the survival instinct?

#23442 - 02/01/04 04:31 AM Re: Fate [Re: een]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
How is a belief in "fate" different from a belief in God?

#23443 - 02/01/04 06:02 AM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Citizen_Squish]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I think it has something to do with the fact that everyone who has ever been born (save for those who are not yet old enough to have expired) - from the beginning of time up till now - has died. It would seem that historical fact supports the notion that everyone will one day die.

Itís this exact line of thinking that has fueled the countless religions over the years. Death like many things in life causes much anxiety, simply because science has never recorded a personís body dying, for an extended period of time, then reanimating. Christians use the excuse that jesus is the only person to have ever come back, which helps fuel their religion. Although I could ask you, when the last time you saw jesus running around the streets and was NOT some insane guy claiming that name?

But I regress. Death, the ultimate paradigm, simply because we feel so little control over what will happen after that bridge is crossed in our lives. This is why humanity has created more flavors of religion than any other work of civilization. If you look at Star Trek you see a LOT of fiction created to enforce that fantasy. Itís the same with religions, and philosophies. People will create works of fiction which they "believe" in, in order to answer the anxiety causing problems such as death.

The truth is, you have no friggen clue what happens to you once you die. Does your conscious mind live on somehow? Does a higher-form of yourself (your spirit) go somewhere else? Do you reincarnate into some other life form? Or does this fiction called life, just take up at some other place on the DVD track?

If you think about it, itís rather counterproductive to really worry about what death holds for you. To do so would mean you truly arenít living in the first place.

#23444 - 02/01/04 06:45 AM Re: best cure for mortality is... [Re: Citizen_Squish]
Shiboleth Offline

Well if it doesn't work, it would be hard to regret no? May as well roll the dice and take the chance that it might.

#23445 - 02/01/04 06:47 AM Re: Fate [Re: Nemo]
Shiboleth Offline

fate=god=nihilism.(when you think about it)

Satanists aren't nihilists, nor are they suicidal.

#23446 - 02/01/04 07:30 AM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: een]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

No, it doesn't.
Go away!

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#23447 - 02/01/04 10:16 AM Re: best cure for mortality is... [Re: Citizen_Squish]
CPayne Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Fargo, ND.......no, it's not l...
Actually, what I've learned lately is that, due to a lot of effort, scientists are now able to pretty much eliminate the damage from the freezing process, or if not completely eliminate it, reduce it to the point where it's not an issue.

Though you're right about the other.....now they just have to figure out how to revive those on ice.

#23448 - 02/01/04 04:42 PM Re: best cure for mortality is... [Re: CPayne]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the process called vitrification? I've heard of some freezing process that had positive results with slow freezing and reviving mice.

Edited by Spirus (02/01/04 04:43 PM)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405806 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements