Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#23449 - 02/01/04 06:37 PM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Powaqqatsi]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I'm actually sort of looking forward to death. Of course, I still have many things to do with my life, as I have planned to do (Cause I am a psycho perfectionist like that) But it would be really interesting to find out what death is like. I would imagine that wherever death is, there is a good number of people there too. All that knowledge floating around in a pool of forever. And from my interpritation in the SB, it looks like I will still be able move around in the material plane. Maybe it's just me. I think death will be an enjoyable experience, that is really just another facet of life. I'm content with staying alive right now though, but I plan to enjoy my death too!

#23450 - 02/01/04 06:43 PM Re: best cure for mortality is... [Re: Wonka]
Ringu Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany, Earth
well i heard from this freezing-cryo technology too, i heard that they can make it now with rats and some other animals but they dunno if they can do it with humans too. I guess you've to wait a bit until you can test it

#23451 - 02/01/04 06:49 PM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I'm actually sort of looking forward to death.

I look forward to living forever. Death is not some pass time event to indulge in. It should be avoided at all costs. Life is too great of an experience to just let go and ask for death to take you to that unknown, unproven kingdom come.

I seriously doubt there is some cosmic harmony where all that knowledge floating around in a pool of foreve is. I believe there is a great nothingness. And even if there were some weird sea of knowledge and all experiences float after death I really don't care to find out. I want to stay where I'm comfortable and enjoy. I know for a fact that this life is fun and good and I have no clue to what lays beyond death nor do I want to go exploring.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#23452 - 02/01/04 07:09 PM Re: Death: Abstinence - Live: Indulgence. Questions? [Re: Bedrosian]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
I do not fear death, because, as someone said, I will not be there. What i do fear is the actual process of dying, after which I think I will cease to exist, other than food for worms and fertiliser. I can't think of anything more horrifying than knowing that one is about to die

#23453 - 02/01/04 07:15 PM Re: best cure for mortality is... [Re: Wonka]
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the process called vitrification? I've heard of some freezing process that had positive results with slow freezing and reviving mice.

I'd be interested in knowing if these mice displayed their pre-freezing behavior patterns. For example, if they had been taught how to navigate a maze, could they still do so afterward?

#23454 - 02/01/04 07:15 PM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Discipline]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I should probably rephrase what I said. I want to live as long as I can, but I got to look at things realistically, death will come for me eventually. I'll fight it as much as I can, but when it does happen, I'll go into it with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. Death is just a part of life, or atleast that is the way I look at it. There is far too much saying that there is atleast something after death to say that there is nothing. The idea of knowledge beyond what we know is kind of inticing from my point of view. I love absorbing knowledge, and I would love to know everything I possibly can. I'm planning to take several different college courses that are hardly related to each other by anything other than my interest in all of them.

What I guess I am trying to say is that assuming that there is something after death, I am very sure that it will be atleast a bit enjoyable, maybe not as enjoyable as living, but it will be something. maybe I'm hanging onto a fantasy, but it keeps me from trying to investigate further and waste my time on nothing but other pipe dreams. Better one than many I suppose.

#23455 - 02/01/04 07:16 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Anonymous
Unregistered

My thoughts about Death? ...

The body dies, the Soul lives on.
If you can make an impact in life, you will live forever...

#23456 - 02/01/04 08:58 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Anonymous
Unregistered

How eloquently put lovely lady! Might I say that I tend to agree. Which is why, death is but a state of mind

#23457 - 02/01/04 09:18 PM Cheated death
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've cheated death more than 15 times in my life. I don't see why one would tend to believe in the hogwash that "everyone has a set time to go". All that is is another pessimistic way of suffocating your life into a mediocre existence that billions of others believe in and they're just as foolish for believing such nonsense.

I've been sucker punched by death too many times and I'm still here, and I'm not going anywhere soon. I don't give up easily. Why would you?

#23458 - 02/01/04 09:27 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why thank you.

#23459 - 02/01/04 09:52 PM Re: Cheated death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just how does one "cheat death" praytell? I never have understood that phrase. To me it is simply a matter of willpower and a refusal to die. I would wager, that if you have had so many close calls and survived, you are one stong willed individual. Hails to you sir!!

#23460 - 02/01/04 10:08 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
>>Death is inevitable theres no avoiding it and theres no way around it. Its just fate and every person has a set time to die.<<

Muahaha!

I desire Immortality. Be it something that lives on after my mortal coil dies, or better yet my mortal coil itself.

Hook me up for some of that Raelian-style cloning/mind transfer. I desire to be Peter Pan, forever young, never tasting death. Defiant, and proud. I desire my Never-Neverland here and NOW!

Edited by Felstorm (02/01/04 10:08 PM)

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#23461 - 02/01/04 10:10 PM Re: Cheated death
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am one very strong willed individual, I WILL NOT go until I SAY SO

#23462 - 02/01/04 10:12 PM Re: Cheated death
Anonymous
Unregistered

hehhee I like you already Sir!!

Hail Todd Pope!!

#23463 - 02/02/04 01:40 AM Re: best cure for mortality is... [Re: Wonka]
CPayne Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Fargo, ND.......no, it's not l...
It is, indeed. If I remember correctly, vitrification is the process of slowly freezing an organism in order to minimize ice crystalization.

For more info than I could possibly give you here, I recommend checking out www.cryonics.org . Their multiple FAQ's have answers (or at least links to places you can find answers) to any questions you might have.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404439 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements