Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#23464 - 02/02/04 10:51 AM Re: best cure for mortality is... [Re: CPayne]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
Thank you for the source. I'll look into it right away.

#23465 - 02/04/04 05:13 AM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: CPayne]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Montana, USA
If I am ever threatened by The Grim Reaper, I intend to go kicking and screaming like a little school girl, shrieking at the top of my lungs, "Please God! All I want is one more blow job!!!"

At least that will give the nurses in the hospital something to talk about for years afterwards.

#23466 - 02/04/04 05:40 AM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Bastard_Child]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
"Please God! All I want is one more blow job!!!"

The Grim Reaper and I have a deal...he gets all the blow jobs he wants.

#23467 - 02/04/04 08:18 AM Re: Cheated death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do I fear death? Not particularly because, as many have stated, Ill be dead..but what I do fear is finding myself in a state where I wished that I was dead. There is much to accomplish and enjoy in this life and Id hate to imagine myself wasting a single moment on something so utterly pathetic.

The thought strikes me that we are somewhat responsible for just how long we have here. Rash actions and behaviors that certainly cause uncalculated results are, and should be, avoided. I cannot think of anyone Ive know recently that has passed away who couldn't have done something about it...or at least made an attempt. Either the effort will bring the desired result, or it won't. Instead of the usual adage, in this instance, it could hurt not to try.

#23468 - 02/06/04 11:20 AM Re: Thoughts about death
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have absolutely no regret in saying I have a great fear of death. It is this very fear that keeps me alive. Fear is a great tool, and without fear, a fool would welcome death with open arms. I, however, will meet death kicking and scratching.

#23469 - 02/06/04 12:45 PM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Josephine007]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

The Grim Reaper and I have a deal...he gets all the blow jobs he wants.

That has to be the best line I've ever read here.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#23470 - 02/07/04 07:09 AM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Svengali]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field

Survival IS the highest law

#23471 - 02/07/04 11:46 PM Re: Thoughts about death
Anonymous
Unregistered

You said that every person has a "set time to die". I disagree with that statement completely. To say that the date of your death is a "set time" is to propose that someone or something has predetermined the time when you will die. The only people who have a set time to die are those who commit suicide.

My point of view on death? I believe that death is the end of existence and that the spiritual realm is nonexistent. I don't worry or care about death. I heard a quote in a movie called "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". Ferris said, "Life is short, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." A lot of people agree that life is short and that it should be lived fiercely. I do agree that life is short, but I refuse to race time and try to finish my objectives before time runs out. Life will be lived on MY timetable. If that isn't good enough for anyone else, I don't care.

#23472 - 02/08/04 12:18 AM Re: Thoughts about death
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Time spent considering death is time that would be better spent living.
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#23473 - 02/08/04 12:21 AM Re: Thoughts about death
WvlfBlitzkrieg Offline

Loc: Dallas,Tx
I am scared as hell of dying(pun intended)..I know my body will die one day..and thats not pleasant to think about.Infact when the time comes..i hope to stay around as a ghost..its my only hope.Seems like it would be fun to spend eternity as a supreme voyeur.

#23474 - 02/08/04 12:50 AM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Dan_Dread]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Time spent considering death is time that would be better spent living.

Words to live by!

#23475 - 02/08/04 02:27 AM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Old_Pig]
Foxred Offline

Loc: .
Our brains our stupid. Because they effectively cannot stop thinking they think of all the endless billions of
things in the world, add their own imagination, develop concepts and start brainwashing others. There you are...

#23476 - 02/08/04 04:52 AM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: Foxred]
Dan_Dread Offline

Quote:

Our brains our stupid. Because they effectively cannot stop thinking they think of all the endless billions of
things in the world, add their own imagination, develop concepts and start brainwashing others. There you are...

Speak for yourself.
I control my thoughts, and feel no need to make anyone think as I do.
Do you engage in solopsism as a hobby or just for fun?
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#23477 - 02/08/04 05:04 AM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Dan_Dread Offline

Quote:

I am scared as hell of dying(pun intended)..I know my body will die one day..and thats not pleasant to think about.Infact when the time comes..i hope to stay around as a ghost..its my only hope.Seems like it would be fun to spend eternity as a supreme voyeur.

"Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seem to me to be empty and devoid of meaning."

Albert Einstein

Just some food for thought

#23478 - 02/08/04 07:42 AM Re: Thoughts about death [Re: WvlfBlitzkrieg]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Indeed.
I would most likely haunt my old Headmasters house, he was a complete git.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43979 Topics
406036 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements