Topic Options
#23561 - 01/31/04 08:42 AM When their ignorance works for you…
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Most people are ignorant about Satanism. We all know they think we worship a big red guy with horns who we can summon via some obscure litany.

Most of the time, when someone makes a comments about those silly things, I correct him. Usually I don’t waste much time and I just give him the short explanation like: “No, I don’t believe in the Devil, I only believe in Myself”

But some times, I find that it’s better to leave them in the ignorance. Since most of them believe in the existence of Satan as real entity that can grab them and throw them in a pit of fire, they also believe as a Satanist I have the ability to call him.

That works great to get rid of those who want to “convert you” and other annoying people. I have succeeded on keeping some bothersome individuals out of my path by let them believe the Devil himself inhabits my body and bothering me would make weird accidents happen to them (Like in that movie The Omen)

I don't do anything to give them that impression, but I don't do anything to correct their mistake either. I just leave thing that way they are.

Anyone has experienced a situation when the stereotyped image of Satanists as people connected with a horrible horned monster has worked on your favor?

#23562 - 01/31/04 12:42 PM Re: When their ignorance works for you… [Re: Old_Pig]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Isabel chuckles evilly.

Ah, yes, it can be useful.

Many years ago I had a supervisor who was competent and halfway reasonable, with one major glitch. She would expound to us regularly on how the Devil was a real physical entity, complete with the horns etc, and that we needed to be on the watch for his evil tricks, and urged all of us to attend the church of our choice.

As second in command, I had to mediate between her and my staff. I listened actively to her, even on this Devil subject, which she mistook for agreement. My staff was happy because we had a great time discussing our newfound "awareness" of the Devil issue. My supervisor was happy because we were heeding her 'advice'. Neither party was aware of my deliberate manipulation, or of my own perspective. No need to change anybody's mind.

#23563 - 01/31/04 02:46 PM Re: When their ignorance works for you… [Re: Old_Pig]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I think most of the people I work with think that I "worship the Devil" because I have several tatoos including a Baphomet on my arm. I have been asked that question more than once and my answer depends a lot on who is asking. If they don't have any authority over me then I say " yeah, something like that", wink at them and walk away. Now if my boss asked me I would give him an answer like "oh, heck no! Those people are crazy" because he is probably Christian and I would like to get another raise sometime this year.

I have given up on trying to explain what I really believe because once they hear the word "Satan" their ears shut out anything else I say afterwards.

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements