Topic Options
#236390 - 04/17/07 03:21 PM Embed YouTube Video
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
As you may have noticed (or not) there is now a new icon on the Post Options bar when creating a new post or reply. The new icon is red with the word Tube in it. This is for embedding YouTube content into your post WITHOUT pasting the code from youtube's site which does not work correctly.

Here is how it works.... You press the Tube button and it pops up a box asking for "YouTube Video ID" ... you paste in the Video ID from youtube and click OK. This will now embed the youtube video into your post.

What is the YouTube Video ID? ... if you find a video on youtube.com that you want to share you will need it's ID. The ID can be obtained from the "URL" section on the youtube site. In the URL section on youtube you will see a URL like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzhLT5uNlgs ... the video ID is all the characters AFTER the "?v=" so in this example the video ID is "OzhLT5uNlgs" ... this is ALL you need. When it asks you for the Video ID just copy in everything AFTER the "v=" .... If you copy in anything else it will not work.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#236394 - 04/17/07 03:30 PM Re: Embed YouTube Video [Re: Magister Frost]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

You may notice that in Firefox, you may not be able to play the video. I have not figured out exactly why this happens but it seems to be a firefox problem as it works just fine in IE. If you update your flash player (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/) that may help you. I will post here if I figure anything else out, or just use IE to view the post.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#236446 - 04/17/07 05:15 PM Re: Embed YouTube Video [Re: Magister Frost]
ABZU Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Oregon
In Firefox I can only interact with it by right clicking and my options are zoom or quality, but no play and no link. If anyone finds an update or fix please post it here. I really don’t like using IE.

Magister, is there any hope for Google video being integrated in the future as well?

Thanks for your hard work,

Abzu

Church of Satan

"As I have stated, the paradox where more people are "talking" dark forces up, down, and sideways, but fewer than ever are actually living as night people, provokes speculation. The moral here is that when everybody's talking, very few are doing. More time is spent comparing notes with aficionados than in enjoying the hobby per se."
A.S.L. / T.D.N.

#236469 - 04/17/07 07:05 PM Re: Embed YouTube Video [Re: ABZU]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Yes there is hope, I have plans for adding quite a few video feeds.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#236693 - 04/18/07 10:26 AM Re: Embed YouTube Video [Re: Magister Frost]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Ok I have added some other "functionality" to this ... The only one of these that is selectable from the Post Options Icons is the YouTube, I am working on adding the others but for now you can add them into a post manually.

Code:
[googlevideo]VideoID[/googlevideo]

[youtube]VideoID[/youtube]

[myspace]UserID[/myspace]

[myspacevideo]VideoID[/mypacevideo]

[podcast]http://www.url.to/podcast.mp3[/podcast]

Let me know if you have any problems, as I have not "tested" all of these yet.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#237250 - 04/19/07 03:37 PM Re: Embed YouTube Video [Re: Magister Frost]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
AWESOME new features, Magister.

I use Firefox Version 2.0.0.3, and I am able to play the videos without any problem.

Thanks for implementing this very useful idea.

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#237326 - 04/19/07 07:03 PM Re: Embed YouTube Video [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Noxilenticus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell
Hrmm... I'm using firefox 1.5 (because some of the plugins I use aren't compatible with firefox 2.0) on Windows XP. The problem seems to happen only some of the time. One time I fiddled around and clicked the bottom right of the picture and it loaded for me. I think you have some alignment problems with your page that are making this error. On my Ubuntu Linux machine I browse in firefox 1.5 and I can click on the picture no problem everytime, but there is a white box that surrounds the picture. There is a kid in our LUG (Linux Users Group) at the University I attened that works for firefox. He said chances are if something doesn't work for your page then you are probably not following W3 standards, which the developers for firefox adhere. You can check your html here:

http://validator.w3.org/

I ran this page through (not logged into my account), and there seems to be some alignment bugs with it. Hope that helps.
"Satanists are epicurean, skeptical atheists who see Satan as a symbol of pride, individualism, and the quality of questioning all dogmas. The word in Hebrew means 'adversary' and so we are each 'Satans' to the doctrines that would have people use faith instead of reason to understand the universe in which we live. Our goal is to enjoy this, the only life we have and not waste it in anticipation of a mythical afterlife or an imagined apocalypse." - News 31 May, XLI A.S. in Reguards to The Satanic High Mass that happened on 6/6/6

- Noxilenticus Zodameranu

#239421 - 04/29/07 07:49 PM Re: Embed YouTube Video [Re: Noxilenticus]
DraconisLuciferi Offline

CoS Member

Loc: South Carolina
I was going to embed a You Tube video in a post, but the You Tube button is gone, so I used the [youtube]VideoID[/youtube] ubbcode, but it would not work. I tried it on my Mac using Safari and Firefox, and then on my notebook using IE. When posting I had my settings set to use ubbcode and html.

#239422 - 04/29/07 07:51 PM Re: Embed YouTube Video [Re: DraconisLuciferi]
DraconisLuciferi Offline

CoS Member

Here's an example:
[youtube]WxfIDpset2I[/youtube]

#239489 - 04/30/07 01:09 AM Re: Embed YouTube Video [Re: DraconisLuciferi]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

The youtube feature among many others that are missing will return again next week, currently I am working on the huge ADJ Spring Collection release which will be finalized tomorrow and then my attention can turn to the board again. Right now I am just too busy.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#239530 - 04/30/07 06:56 AM Re: Embed YouTube Video [Re: Magister Frost]
DraconisLuciferi Offline

CoS Member

Thanks.

Moderator:  Magister Frost 

Forum Stats
12198 Members