Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#23675 - 02/01/04 06:14 PM Re: Satanism isn't Demonology
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
From the Satanic perspective, in rituals, you are basically making a play. You are using the creativity within yourself and focusing your energy to do what you want it to do. You don't need to know how a gun works to use it. There are no unseen spirits that I know of, and I tend to look at everything in a scienctific way. If it hasn't been proven yet, it isn't true. You obviously can't summon some super being (assuming they exist) to come down and prove itself to you, a measily little, single human on the third dirt ball from the sun. You gotta doubt what your told. People will tell you anything to control you, that's just them trying to crawl up the human ladder. It's very rare that somebody will tell the truth to you. There is a very real chance that super beings exist, but why would they want worship from you? That's an even greater question. But before you spend endless hours trying to figure that out, you need to ask yourself, "What is the point to figuring this out in the first place?" In reality, even if you could produce results and discover that super beings due exist and the reason they want worship from you, if you went around telling people this, they would assume you a lunitic. Why do ya think they pinned Christ up to the big t?

Don't concern yourself with demons and devils, gods and such, it's merely a waste of time. You got to realize that you are the only God in your life, and the sooner you realize that, the better off you will be. Worship yourself and give yourself respect you deserve!

Hail Satan!

#23676 - 02/01/04 06:41 PM Re: Satanism vs. Demonology [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

This is not a "join us, be one of us" religions. There is no "us".

LOL honestly, that is one of the many aspects of your religion that impresses me. I love how I see more examples of people being turned away than "Welcome brother" attitudes.

Satanism reminds me of religions like Buddhism - faiths that are about self improvement and enlightenment through you rather than outside forces (from what I know about Buddhism anyway). It’s no wonder that religions like Christianity flourish like a plague, due to their simple method of explaining the unknown and giving people some kind of “spiritual rise”. You just have to accept jesus here or there, and you’re IN!

#23677 - 02/01/04 06:48 PM Satanists [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, if anything I've learned that I would probably appreciate the company of more Satanists than I would most Christians. For one thing, even if I didn't agree with your specific doctrine, you wouldn't be constantly trying to shove in my face like most avid Christians are.

I LOVE that aspect of the CoS’s teachings that you are not expected to like everyone, but yet respect and tolerate those who you share differences with. That is truly enlightened if you ask me.

#23678 - 02/01/04 07:02 PM Re: Satanism vs. Demonology
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Satanism reminds me of religions like Buddhism - faiths that are about self improvement and enlightenment through you rather than outside forces (from what I know about Buddhism anyway).

Buddhism is not as sugar coated as you think. Reincarnation is a silly way of controling people's carnal desires. Do good and do no wrong in this life so you can be reincarnated to enjoy the next. What hogwash. Deprive yourself in this life so you can deprive yourself again in the next. That seems like good self-improvement to me.

Why do those buddhists deprive themselves of luxury and enjoyment of life just to get the chance to do it again in a different life.

Satanism does not teach such deluded ideas. The present is what is important. You are not out to please anyone or anything for a next life or a chance for an after life. Your out to please yourself and enjoy the now and work for the future.

I dislike it when people relate Satanism to Buddhism. They are very different forms of religions.

#23679 - 02/01/04 07:12 PM Re: Satanism vs. Demonology [Re: Discipline]
Ringu Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany, Earth
Well i only can agree. Of course nobody can Satanism compare with Budhism - that are two - really different and far away from each other - religions. But Budhism says not that you can do only shit in your life and *hurray* and kill ya self or die however and can enjoy the next life. Thats not fact - its more that Budhism says that you will proceed more lifes then just only one or two for learning process before you can reach the Nirvana. Well for myself i dont believe at kind of a nirvana but i like a different view as the stupid 'after death nothing then stasis' - theory becuase i just think that it isnt so simple. I dont know if there is maybe a next life and after that a second one - but for me its absolute possible that there could be a next life and that a bit of your 'self' overlives the death. There are many theorys about that and people who talked about the death and could remember about here last life and i dont think that all are just shit.

#23680 - 02/01/04 07:21 PM Re: Satanists
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

As everyone is different to yourself, if you didn't respect or tolerate any differences then you'd be a mighty lonely person!

#23681 - 02/01/04 08:02 PM Buddhism. [Re: Discipline]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I dislike it when people relate Satanism to Buddhism. They are very different forms of religions.

I completely agree about the difference between Satanism and Buddhism. However, it wasn't those carnal philosophies that I was comparing between the two. Granted I probably know more about Satanism now than Buddhism (and I'll conceded that's not an awful lot). I'm talking about the level of effort to practice the core philosophy of both religions.

Being a member of the Indian aristocracy, Buddha lived a life of pure opulence inside the palace. When he went out into the world, he noticed it was full people who were suffering. After spending a lot of time in meditation and wondering the world, he discovered that the root to suffering is the human desire to "want". Therefore, in its core, Buddhism is a religion of denying the human ‘want’ in us all, which yes, does go completely against human nature. This is fundamentally different from Satanism, where instead of trying to release those desires, it instead embraces them, and use’s them to achieve the best results one could while here. In that sense, they are completely different.

One thing I should point out while I’m at it, is that not all Buddhism is about touting some golden afterlife in front of its followers. From what I know the story goes on that that guy who became Buddha, was not like Christ in that he became some kind of savior. Instead Buddha means "enlightened one". It’s to mean that he transcended the flesh and ascended to some higher plane. That is indeed a pretty lofty goal.

Weather or not the story of what "Buddha" did is true its still takes a HELL of a lot more effort and self discipline than what religions such as Christianity teach. Satanism is the same way to me, in that you can't just go to some church and tell people you have accepted <sic>Satan into your heart or whatever and presto - you're a Satanist. Instead, you have to truly live the life "borne not made" sort of thing.

#23682 - 02/01/04 08:07 PM Re: Buddhism.
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I like how you reworded yourself. I don't fully agree but definitly can see where you are coming from.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#23683 - 02/01/04 09:47 PM Re: Satanism vs. Demonology
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
>>My question is, if Satanism is related to, or involves demonic practices?<<

In my "real life". No.

In my ritual chamber. Yes definately.

>>To me, magic is simply unseen quantum energies that are thought-sensitive, and thus, one day we should be able to control them through technology or heightened intellects.<<

Emotion-fueled and Intellect-directed. Not "thought-sensitive.".

Those that say they are "sensitive", usually posess dull senses and are unobservant.

Those that spell magic with a "k", aren't.

>>I do not doubt that “demons” and possibly even the Christian god exist. To me, if they are real, they are possibly just beings in this universe that are more advanced than me.<<

Sounds like you have some suspension of disbelief (irrational imagination) creeping into your life. I suppose this is because you haven't learned to separate the two thought processes, a cognitive side-affect from white-light religions.

My conciousness exists in two modes.

Rational, empiricist, atheistic, intellectual, Satanic thinking rules my conciousness 99.99% of the time. I strive to keep myself here-and-now, as lucid and cognitive as possible at all times. I go so far as to avoid even caffiene, as it dulls the senses and dehydrates the body. Someone starts spouting off about demons and angels and anthropomorphic gods, I am first to say, "Show me proof. I do not believe you."

Emotional, irrational, dogmatic, faith-driven, magical Satanic God, I am, in my ritual chamber. The exact opposite of the previous. I am a true believer in the ritual chamber. Anything is possible, it all exists, Satan, Jehovah, Kali, Dagon, Lolth, Tymora, Helm, demons, devils, dragons and creatures of all kinds of beautiful and hideous manifestation come to life in there. I am what I want to be, I make that which I desire come into existence. I give birth to worlds, I destroy them as easily. My emotions run deep and pure, taking control of my psyche, my intellect suppressed.

When the intellect rules, the emotions are servile to the intellect. When emotions rule, the intellect is servile.

I have quite possibly been too generous.

No more spoon-feeding, it is time to cut your teeth and chew.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#23684 - 02/01/04 11:32 PM Thanks! [Re: Felstorm]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I have quite possibly been too generous.

Yes, that was indeed very helpful and I do appreciate it. I'll read some more literature on Satanism before I ask any more questions – after which, I may not feel the need.

#23685 - 02/02/04 02:50 AM Re: Satanism vs. Demonology
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

Satanism reminds me of religions like Buddhism - faiths that are about self improvement and enlightenment through you rather than outside forces (from what I know about Buddhism anyway).

I find these observations truly amusing. You have placed your finger squarely upon issues which happen to be shared by both Satanism and Buddhism but for entirely different reasons.

There is no self improvement in Satanism because we declare ourselves to be God and thus can only improve what we then choose to do

There is no self improvement in Theraveda Buddhism because Buddhims holds that the self is an illusion which does not exist anyway (stemming essentionally from a preconscious linguistic redundancy).

For the Theraveda Buddhist, enlightenment is operating from a cognitive state beyond the need to generate a separate individual "self".

For the Enlightenment of Lucifer there is only the inculcation of the Nine Satanic Statements as a perspective to live life as a God.

You have it entirely correct, however, that Satanism does not look to an outside source for this realization and perspective. This is truly the Do-It-Yourself religion.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12016 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405223 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements