Topic Options
#238371 - 04/23/07 10:48 PM About the Photo Gallery Area
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Ok so here is the skinny on the Photo Gallery Feature!

First off, I must stress that you NOT upload photos of your children, they should not be subject to being seen on the internet.

Any photos uploaded into your my Gallery or Non-Private Galleries can be see by any Registered User on this forum. If you make a gallery Private, it can only be seen by you and possibly people you give the direct link to. I am still working on finding out exactly how the private galleries work and why. I do know that any non-private gallery you make is viewable by any registered user on the board. I will work on adding permissions to the galleries but for now, watch what you upload there.

The CoS Members area and all other specific areas are ONLY viewable by the people assigned to those groups, I have done a pretty secure test of this and I am comfortable with it.

So at this time any photos uploaded in the General Area or you personal Galleries are viewable by any registered user on this board. Again, I am working on changing that to a permission based system.

All of the above also goes for comments, any comment made on a photo that is viewable by a regular registered user can be see by them, any comment made in a "Special section" (i.e. CoS Members Only area) can only be seen by CoS Members, which makes sense since only CoS Members can see the photo.

Again, I cannot stress enough, do NOT upload photos of your children in any non-secure area (or at all for that matter).

Any questions or issues, let me know!

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#245431 - 05/26/07 05:16 PM Re: About the Photo Gallery Area [Re: Magister Frost]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
Magister, I've noticed since the last update there's an option missing from the edit photo function.

Before the last update you were able to share pictures from within a private album to different sections of the gallery. It's seems this option is now gone, and I'm not able to keep the album private, yet share selected photos. Will this option be returning to the edit photo feature?

Thanks Magister Ventrue. HS!
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

Moderator:  Magister Frost 

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406073 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements