Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#23944 - 02/07/04 11:11 AM Re: a one-legged-man and a supermodel
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Like to split some hairs today?

I try to make it short.

If you don't choose consciously, that means in awareness of the present situation and reflect on your possible alternatives before making a choice, there won't be any real choice.

Acting unconsciously according to patterns of similar situations in the past is not making a choice, but following a programme or patterns of beliefs. These "choices" are illusions.

But please note, that I did not say you were wrong.

I wanted to make an additional statement about conscious choices. Nothing else.

Why do you defend yourself so vehemently without being attacked?

#23945 - 02/07/04 11:31 AM Re: a one-legged-man and a supermodel [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you don't choose consciously, that means in awareness of the present situation and reflect on your possible alternatives before making a choice, there won't be any real choice.

Acting unconsciously according to patterns of similar situations in the past is not making a choice, but following a programme or patterns of beliefs. These "choices" are illusions.

Ok, lots of nice expensive words (although half of it makes little sense) but it has little to do with the original discussion.

I made a statement to Nemo. It was quite clear. Then you jump in, and make another statement.
I simply say that I do not agree.
You then give me some complicated words and sentences (that dont make much sense, but that could be a language barriere) that undoubtedly make sense to YOU, but obviously not to me. So I stated again, that I do not agree and WHY.

I am not defending myself.

I simply stick to my point.

#23946 - 02/07/04 03:26 PM Re: Wabi Sabi [Re: Scratch]
pippin Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Sweden
"Begin to look at beauty in imperfection, in the slight oddities, and incompletion. Don't see imperfection as a flaw but rather find beauty in that which is unique."

I totally agree. Beauty can hide in perfection, as well as within imperfection. After all, where is life in perfection? Perfection is dead and complete, with nothing left to add. Imperfection on the other hand is open for change and modification, leaving something for imagination to be discovered.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406073 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements