Topic Options
#239237 - 04/28/07 06:30 PM Doktor LaVey's Pendant
statementofnine Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Just a quick question. In a photo that I have seen, Doktor LaVey is wearing an inverted pentagram with the "shock" symbol within. Is that something that has to be custom made or is there an avenue to purchase something similar to it. I've checked the "Emporium" and there was nothing there as well as the google option.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

HS!
~9

#239238 - 04/28/07 06:31 PM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: statementofnine]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Try E-Bay.

#239243 - 04/28/07 06:40 PM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: statementofnine]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

This is the seal of the High Priest.

#239260 - 04/28/07 09:59 PM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: statementofnine]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

This is mainly reserved for the high priest, why would you want one unless you are the high priest?

#239263 - 04/28/07 11:20 PM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: statementofnine]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Years ago they were available through The Emporium. Thankfully I got one and I treasure it very much.

I have noticed over time there are many CoS items, that after they have gone, are very hard to come by later.

#239265 - 04/28/07 11:38 PM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: DickSteele]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:
This is mainly reserved for the high priest, why would you want one unless you are the high priest?

I cannot speak for the High Priest, but I do not think he has placed a ban on the personal use of his seal by honorable Satanic Citizenry. There are others, to include myself, that have obtained theirs quite legitimately.

Besides, the High Priest displays it in forms and fashions the rest of us can only dream of. So, one could hardly steal his thunder...but to the contrary, tap into the same---oh, I'm sorry, this isn't the basement---we'd have to discuss this elsewhere ;\)

#239267 - 04/28/07 11:51 PM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: Caesar]
statementofnine Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
I've always thought that the symbol was much more visually powerful than the baphomet. I may just get one custom made by a legit source than risk an inferior product. Thanks to all for your input.

HS!
~9

#239314 - 04/29/07 09:13 AM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: statementofnine]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
 Quote:
In a photo that I have seen, Doktor LaVey is wearing an inverted pentagram with the "shock" symbol within.

That is a lightning. And it strikes where the energy, the magic or the will of the magician is manifesting itself, in the earth - the material world.

As far as I know, this symbol was created by Dr. LaVey, but is not exclusively for the High Priest. I have seen other members and members of the hierarchy wearing it. And I own one myself, which I was able to buy from a special online-shop before it closed.

#239911 - 05/01/07 05:17 PM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: Jack_Lantern]
cashmalim Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Though I don't know if it is a high priest symbol or not, if it is then there has been some people who have verbally expressed their anger about the C.O.S. Yet still wear it. Including Stanton! But I have heard that it was just Doktor LaVey's personal choice sigil.

I guess it's in the air 1 warlock sais yea, the other warlock sais nay! We may need to flip a coin on this one.

Nevertheless, it is a fine pendant. Good luck!
in the end we are all bird shit! You die... you get buried, the worms eat you, the bird eats the worm and you are later scattered onto a car window! If you are cremated, the worms eat the ashes, again the bird eats the worm, and again we are spread out on a wind shield! True blue heaven!

#239914 - 05/01/07 05:35 PM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: cashmalim]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
That is the sigil of the office of the High Priest of the Church of Satan designed by Anton LaVey. The NEW claims of it being THE LaVey family sigil is a lie made up by those who would try to ride upon the LaVey name. Anton LaVey wore this while he was High Priest as his own personal symbol as the High Priest of the Church of Satan. Others wear it as well simply because it is a damn powerful symbol or out of respect for Anton LaVey and /or the Office of the high Priest now in the competent hands of High Priest Gilmore longstanding member of Anton LaVeys Council of Nine, friend and confidant.
HS!

Edited by Magister_Lang (05/01/07 05:53 PM)
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#239915 - 05/01/07 05:46 PM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: cashmalim]
Bloodfire Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Not "yea" or "nay", as both Warlocks are correct.

The symbol in question is the seal of the High Priest. Doktor LaVey wore it and it adorned the front of Magus Gilmore's robe as seen in the promo photos from the 6/6/06 Satanic High Mass.

The symbol was available through the Church of Satan Emporium several years ago and I bought one, as did a few other Satanists I know. I wear mine in solitary ritual and group rituals I've been the Celebrant in (and sometimes on stage) proudly. If I'm not the Celebrant in a group ritual, I wear my Sigil of Baphomet instead.

The person who made these lowered his quality, so the symbol was taken off the Emporium site, as was everything else this particular person made.

Magus Gilmore used it on the cover of several issues of The Black Flame long before he became High Priest, when Magus LaVey held that position.

Bloodfire9.com | Bloodfire! Store - Satanic-themed Merchandise
TheQuintessentials.com - Satanic Horror Punk Rock
Other places to find The Quintessentials:
MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | Undercroft | YouTube | ReverbNation

#239916 - 05/01/07 05:48 PM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: Magister_Lang]
Bloodfire Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Honolulu, HI
 Originally Posted By: Magister_Lang
That is the sigil of the office of the High Priest of the Church of Satan designed by Anton LaVey. The idea of it being a LaVey family sigil is a lie made up by someone who barely knew the man. That is a fact!
HS!

Cheers to that, Magister!

Bloodfire9.com | Bloodfire! Store - Satanic-themed Merchandise
TheQuintessentials.com - Satanic Horror Punk Rock
Other places to find The Quintessentials:
MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | Undercroft | YouTube | ReverbNation

#240099 - 05/02/07 01:58 PM Re: Doktor LaVey's Pendant [Re: Bloodfire]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Cheers too Magister.

Some of you know about the work I have done, and that this symbol has been used. I remember that we were talking about this downstairs as some details had to be fixed, it cannot be different, as it is the sigil of the high priest.

There is no "yea" or "nay".

All hail to Magus Gilmore to have worn it at the black mass during the 666, this was highly symbolical.

Forum Stats
13309 Members
73 Forums
44545 Topics
407991 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold