Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#240571 - 05/05/07 06:57 AM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: DickSteele]
amagi Offline

You believe something written by Erich von Däniken? The guy who thinks the Nazca lines are landing strips for flying saucers? Seriously, you should read better books on the subject.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

#240587 - 05/05/07 08:10 AM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: amagi]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

First, I don't share that theory. What if he is right? Do you have enough information in your head to know one way or another? Besides I didn't just read the subject yesterday, I read it about 20 years ago when I was twelve. I was talking about going through the numbers of planetary bodies and how many could possibly support life which is a statistical analysis, I mentioned nothing about landing strips!

#240636 - 05/05/07 11:09 AM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Stian07 Offline

Loc: Holmestrand, Norway.
*What are your thoughts on intelligent extraterrestrial life?*

Well, i am not quite sure what to belive, to me it seems logic that there would be some form of life out there considering the size of the universe.
and it may or may not be inteligent life.
we are young, we are the youngest planet that we know off, if there would be life out there, there are most likelely to simply just be ruins and sign of civilation that simply didnt make it or reached theyr end.

However, i have had some thoughts around this subject, and, if they exist, and they bother to take a look at our planet.

Wich one of us would they contact?
Humans, dogs, cows, whales?

perhaps this is a quiston we should think more about before talking about visits from outer space.

However, throu phonetics, there is a theory that intellegence can be decided out of languege, therefore, the more advanced languege, the more advance creature.

With this in mind, if we should ever get visits from "Aliens", they are surely gonna screw us, and talk with the whales... that is, if we havent managed to kill off all of them by that time.

This is simply becouse whales, have a form of languege far more advanced and phonetical evolutioned then ours will ever be.

Edited by Stian07 (05/05/07 11:10 AM)

Vær hilset flittige vognslepere, altid jo lenger desto bedre, stadig stølere i knær og trettere i hodet, ubegeistret, humørløst, uforbederlig-middelmådig - Sans genie et sans esprit. - Friedrich Nietzsche.

#240641 - 05/05/07 11:21 AM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: Stian07]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
Do they?

They have a very complicated system of sounds but is this a complicated language?

What do you suppose they are talking about?

#240649 - 05/05/07 11:39 AM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: Mr Sam]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Loc: CT
Whales have the biggest brain of any animal alive today. About 5-6 times the size of human brains (but since the body/brain ratio is in our favor its a debate who is smarter, with most science in favor of "us").

"Whale song" is what we call the langue of whales, and it is very complex, yup yup, but is mostly assumed to be used for sexual reasons or locating food. The majority of people who stand to say it is an actual "worded langue" able of complex sentences or complex thought are usually from the anti-whaling community.

There is no documented proof that they are actually saying anything more then "where is food" or, Can we fuck?".

Now alot of people will say "thats bullshit cus I saw on discovery blah blah blah", but fact remains, most of the studies placed on the nature of Whale-song have never validated or given "reason enough" to lable it a true "langue" (hence why it is called whale-song).

Huge lumps of cash have been dropped on study after study of whale-song in hopes to prove it a "real" langue for many decades now; all attempts have failed. If it was ever proven they were using "more words then humans" trust me, it would be the end of whaling and the day we declared another creature "lucid" among us.

Until then, they are seen as animals...and shall be treated as such.

Edited by Fagneto (05/05/07 11:42 AM)
Edit Reason: Are whales smart or just good singers?
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#240651 - 05/05/07 11:50 AM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: Fagneto]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
My questions were rhetorical smart guy. ;\)

Originally Posted By: Fagneto
Until then, they are seen as animals...and shall be treated as such.

If they were proved to be as, or more, intelligent than us would they not be seen as animals? Do you not see us as animals?

#240656 - 05/05/07 12:01 PM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: Mr Sam]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Of course I KNOW we are animals...so does science.

But the fucked up world places us as more important in most circles.
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#240669 - 05/05/07 01:05 PM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: Fagneto]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
 Originally Posted By: Fagneto
There is no documented proof that they are actually saying anything more then "where is food" or, "Can we fuck?".

I've known certain men that were equally limited in conversation skills.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#240670 - 05/05/07 01:07 PM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: Shade]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Ha!

#240671 - 05/05/07 01:08 PM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: Fagneto]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
Shade...I tell you your beautiful Too!!!!!

Then the other too...LOL

#240684 - 05/05/07 02:30 PM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: Fagneto]
Stian07 Offline

Loc: Holmestrand, Norway.
True, i agree, i cannot think they are saying more than lets fuck or got food?

However, phonetic is after all a way of using Sound for communication, and whales communicate, and considering that theyr way of communication and theyr "languege" (even if it is one or not) is highly more advanced then ours.

If some poor bastard E.T. decides to have a look at our planet and therefore first look after who is the most inteligent creature, and therefore take a fast look at our way of communication, they are sure as hell gonna stop for a small chat with the whales.

HECK, what say THEY cannot look like whales, or BE whales for that matter.
hahaha, if they where soo, we as hunters sure as hell are just gonna be "loved" by theese visitors

Vær hilset flittige vognslepere, altid jo lenger desto bedre, stadig stølere i knær og trettere i hodet, ubegeistret, humørløst, uforbederlig-middelmådig - Sans genie et sans esprit. - Friedrich Nietzsche.

#240694 - 05/05/07 03:51 PM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I'm more interested in discovering whether there is in fact intelligent terrestrial life.

#240711 - 05/05/07 05:28 PM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
There are plenty of ruins here on Earth left to explore as well.

#240713 - 05/05/07 05:35 PM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: Jack_Lantern]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

And many more to come.

#240714 - 05/05/07 05:41 PM Re: ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
Warlock LeviathanXIII preach on!! I agree. I don't think we have to worry about any official visit from what or who ever is out there until we can act more like big boys and girls. If we do, I suspect the alien agenda version of one giant TIME OUT.

for a good book on the subject if you believe in the possibility or just a great read if you don't look up

Alien agenda by Jim Marrs

he is a good friend of mine and really presents interesting ideas from ancient to modern times.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406366 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements