Unregistered

Food for thought ~~

'-What other creature on Earth needs to be told what to feel, and when?'
(In relation to Public Holidays)
*The Psychopaths Bible*

#24070 - 02/02/04 09:27 PM Re: St Valentines Day [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I gotta disagree. I think Valentine's day is for everybody, except for ugly kids. I remember the days when I was an elementary kid and everybody made sure to always run out of cards and candy when they got to my desk. But on the plus side, you got to make a cool lil basket thing. I love Valentine's day because it gives me a reason to be extra special to my favorite girl. I find it kind of exciting because, for me, it is a whole lot like Christmas, but focused on one person. It might be that I know she loves me as much as I love her, and I know I will get something in return, whether it be material or not

#24071 - 02/02/04 11:26 PM Re: St Valentines Day
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Valentine's Day can provide many magical oppurtunities, that either would not be so or would be harder to create otherwise.

#24072 - 02/03/04 03:56 AM Hey Now!
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
It is Valentine's Day and I like Valentine's Day.

I like the diamonds and flowers and tasty cupcakes and oooooooooooo the dark chocolate and kisses and sexy panties and cards and dinner out and lots lof love and attention.

yeah yeah yeah so I get it other days of the year but this is the only 'mandatory' one for hubby so I don't see it as having no real reason.

And, who cares if some guy got shot a while back on that day? I also celebrate December 25th with PRESENTS!!!! And goodies!!!! And some guy got killed that day too.

Have people just forgotten that?, they probably have cos it ain't important any more.

I don't think it EVER was that important.

In any case do we really need a holiday made for no real reason? I don't think so.

Because it is all about me and I decided I wanted that holiday when the Empire was making the official calendar.

#24073 - 02/03/04 11:35 AM Re: St Valentines Day
Smokey_DeVille Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago
Quote:

But why do celebrate this day when on the same day back in the 30's Al Capone and his gang killed a load of people in Chicago?

Because the herd was in dire need of a thinning!

Hail Satan!
L_9

[url=http://www.smokeydeville.com [/url]

#24074 - 02/03/04 06:29 PM Re: St Valentines Day
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
But why do celebrate this day when on the same day back in the 30's Al Capone and his gang killed a load of people in Chicago?

I'm sure a lot of people have been killed on every day of the calendar since the beginning of history. Should I stop celebrating everything, included my birthday and the ones of my loved ones?

#24075 - 02/03/04 07:06 PM Re: St Valentines Day
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Then you'd wake up every day thinking, "Oh, someone died this day last year, and the year before and before that...and THIS MORNING!!! Let's just sit around a mope and mourn."
Bleh!

Al Capone is not to blame for your resent towards that day.

I'll tell you why I dislike it: Some guys pretend to be all mushy gushy b/c they expect sex, girls pressure their boyfriends to spend as much as possible on them to compete viciously with other girls, and people (not just guys) that I try to avoid all year seek me out to "declare their endless love," and then I'm forced to be blunt with them and the men I've had my eye on have had their eye on someone else. Besides this, I have to put up with the insecure little bastards who come crying to me that they got nothing for V-Day(no surprise, seeing how needy they are.) In it's entirety, the day is much too emotional for my liking.

#24076 - 02/04/04 02:32 PM Re: St Valentines Day [Re: Scratch]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll tell you why I dislike it: Some guys pretend to be all mushy gushy b/c they expect sex, girls pressure their boyfriends to spend as much as possible on them to compete viciously with other girls, and people (not just guys) that I try to avoid all year seek me out to "declare their endless love," and then I'm forced to be blunt with them and the men I've had my eye on have had their eye on someone else. Besides this, I have to put up with the insecure little bastards who come crying to me that they got nothing for V-Day(no surprise, seeing how needy they are.) In its entirety, the day is much too emotional for my liking.

Well said, and I completely agree!
I have never celebrated Valentines Day (except for with my mom and daddy), because I never saw the point! I will show my love and affection to the people whom I feel deserve it, if and when I please. It is the same way with Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Grandfathers Day, etc. In addition to what you already stated, the way I see it is that they are all scapegoats for peoples guilt; itís OK to treat mom and dad (or your partner) like shit all year, because they will forgive you after you give them that mushy card, and expensive present. Itís all about self-deceit.

#24077 - 02/04/04 03:35 PM Gotta Push Those Chocolates!
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Valentine's Day is yet another unnecessary commercial holiday constructed and advertised to make money. The general public is pressured into spending money on gifts soon forgotten in order to avoid the guilt of coming up short and disappointing their main squeeze. Meanwhile, those who do not have a seminal deposit (or the equivalent of) are invited to wallow in depression and self pity.

If you have a person in your life who is the object of your adoration, then you should be treating them right. If you are treating them right, then everyday is Valentine's Day.

#24078 - 02/04/04 05:04 PM Re: Gotta Push Those Chocolates! [Re: Mason_Rust]
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:

everyday is Valentine's Day.

Awww...how sweet! Oh, Hell...I think I just found a cavity.

#24079 - 02/04/04 07:45 PM Re: Gotta Push Those Chocolates! [Re: Mason_Rust]
mattevans Offline

Loc: Japan
Every day is valentines day? I don't think so, valentines day has been developed as a specific day to do something extra nice with your girl/boyfriend, this can be useful for people too weak and feeble minded to think of something themselves, you can treat people right without doing something special everyday.
I agree with you that it makes people without anybody feel bad. I like to do special things for my girlfriend pretty much at random and as I feel like it, or if I think she could do with it. Things are much more fun that way!
If I surprise her, like I did a few weeks ago by waking her up with a good breakfast and a DVD I knew she wanted, rather than doing the normal boring things that everyone does on specific days because they are told to it ends up being more special and makes both of us happy!

#24081 - 02/05/04 06:23 AM Re: St Valentines Day [Re: ]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
Ravenhael as always you are right on the mark. We have three kids, between them, work and sleep for work having a "special" day to say "leave us the fuck alone and let us love each other for a few hours" is a wonderful thing.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#24082 - 02/05/04 05:07 PM Re: St Valentines Day
theBecoming Offline
CoS Member

The only gang I am cocerned about on Valetines day , is a gang-bang. Know what I mean . Fornicate , fornicate , and FORNICATE!

#24083 - 02/20/04 01:20 PM Re: St Valentines Day
NoS Offline

Loc: Midwest, United States
I just got my copy about a week ago.....good book.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404435 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements