Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#24307 - 02/03/04 05:24 PM Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello readers and leaders alike-
I am a minor and a member of a somewhat strict Christian household -- there's a great amount of trust and distance between my parents and me, spiritually. I have accepted to live life for myself, and believe the lectors of the Church of Satan. I am looking to improve my practices of and belief in Satanism, but am very limited on privacy at times. I wanted to find out if Satanic rituals could be performed alone in a small space (such as my bedroom), and how I would go about performing those rituals, if any. What would I need?
Thank you for your time and I hope I wasn't too vague or contradictory in this post.

Edited by MagistraNadramia (02/03/04 05:36 PM)

#24308 - 02/03/04 05:29 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

The first question that begs to be asked is "Have you read The Satanic Bible?"

The second would be "Have you read the items on the Church of Satan website?"
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

#24309 - 02/03/04 05:38 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

Satanic ritual as described in The Satanic Bible is like a basic primer for the activity. A starting point. A sort of how to perform magic by example. The emphasis is really on YOU as to how much of it you use.

For example, I live in a shared flat and thus cannot effectively recite the enochian keys in the booming, resonant way as suggested. Instead I speak in a serpentine whisper. Its just as evocative but in a more covert way. Actually, performing rituals in close proximity to unaware flatmates can add quite a bit to the drama and the "secretness" of the ritual.

Ritual magic is an extention of yourself. Use as much or as little props as you desire.

#24310 - 02/03/04 05:40 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: LKRice]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have not been able to read the complete Satanic Bible, but I have read (unverified) portions of it and the theories and practices from the COS site plenty of times, enough times to remember them.
I imagine I could find a copy of the Satanic Bible online, illegally, of course.

#24311 - 02/03/04 05:53 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Wile_E_Quixote]
Anonymous
Unregistered

And these props and keys are mentioned explicitly in the Satanic Bible?

#24312 - 02/03/04 05:55 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

I imagine I could find a copy of the Satanic Bible online, illegally, of course.

Recommendation: Spend the few bucks it costs to buy the book and let the CoS Administration know if you find it online so they can get it taken off.
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

#24313 - 02/03/04 06:00 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: LKRice]
Anonymous
Unregistered

But like I said, if I was caught with it, or my parents found it, it would be thrown out and my priveledges and freedoms would be at stake. I guess it's a decision I'll have to make for myself. If I stumble upon a page with the complete Satanic Bible available for viewing, I will report it.

#24314 - 02/03/04 06:07 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: LKRice]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It appears I have found one. Should I read it, then report it?
I think not.

#24315 - 02/03/04 06:09 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Yes.

I would note that you should probably study the philosophy thoroughly before attempting to perform Greater Magic. Not because something awful is going to happen to you otherwise, but because you should know what you're doing and why you're doing it. It will work better for you that way.

And there are many books that can slip right by a concerned conservative parent's eyes that are actually quite Satanic. They may even be thrilled to see you reading the classics! Check the CoS Recommended Reading List. There is much to be learned.

#24316 - 02/03/04 06:15 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you.

#24317 - 02/03/04 06:22 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

You are welcome.

One more thought...

"Satanists are Born, Not Made."

If you ARE a Satanist, you will ALWAYS be a Satanist - right down to the bone.

So there is really no rush.

Study carefully, but don't put yourself at risk. Be practical. Bide your time. You won't be a minor forever.

Oh...and they sell TSB at Borders/Barnes & Nobles. If you have the time and you aren't being watched, why not flip through a copy there? That's why they have those nice cushy chairs.

#24318 - 02/03/04 06:27 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Shiboleth Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Buy it at a store, tear the binding off (don't worry its pretty easy lol) and glue the binding of a comparabley sized innocous book in its place and no-one will be the wiser. Either that or keep it really well hidden.

#24319 - 02/03/04 06:29 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hm. Yes. I like you. I will do that tonight. Thank you for your help, sir. What are some other publications about Satanic Rituals and/or Lesser/Greater Magic?

#24320 - 02/03/04 06:30 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Shiboleth]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Buy it at a store, tear the binding off (don't worry its pretty easy lol) and glue the binding of a comparabley sized innocous book in its place and no-one will be the wiser. Either that or keep it really well hidden.

Ah, yes. Clever. Will try, I get paid Thursday.

#24321 - 02/03/04 06:38 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have no idea how old you are but there is another avenue you can travel down as well, that is to get two copies, that way should one fall prey to your parents ever you would always have a backup copy in your locker (tucked away out of sight) at school that no one but you has access to.

#24322 - 02/03/04 06:42 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

This has got to be at least 2 years worth of reading, probably more for most:

CoS Non Fiction Reading List

CoS Fiction Reading List

As far as Greater Magic is concerned, you can use the framework in TSB to do basically anything you want. Nothing else is necessary. Other books may provide interesting background and supplementary information, but all you need to perform a Satanic Ritual for almost any purpose can be found in TSB.

That, Regis, is my Final Answer.

#24323 - 02/03/04 06:45 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay. Like I said, I'm traveling there tonight, so I will look things up and skim through. To perform Greater Magic, will I need everything mention in TSB? I'll do what you recommended and read on the background.

And as for the two books thing .. I don't know. $9.99 isn't too much, so perhaps I will.

It's sad and somewhat difficult having to hide stuff from your parents.

#24324 - 02/03/04 06:50 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are far worse things I've known people hiding from their parents, Satanism is not as bad as most think it is (it's not bad at all I think), the only reason why it has such a bad stigma attached to it is due to Hollywood and everyones favorite local newspapers.

Edited by Todd_Pope (02/03/04 06:51 PM)

#24325 - 02/03/04 06:54 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

There are far worse things I've known people hiding from their parents, Satanism is not as bad as most think it is (it's not bad at all I think), the only reason why it has such a bad stigma attached to it is due to Hollywood and everyones favorite local newspapers.

Agreed.

#24326 - 02/03/04 06:55 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
3 Feb XXXIX A.S.

Quote:

I've said it before, but I state it again for the purposes of this particular thread...

If not downloading an illegal copy of The Satanic Bible or ANY of our books, magazines, etc, because it's non-support for the Church of Satan isn't good enough for you (and, in my opinion, it IS), remember that everything you read or download off the Internet may not be accurate. It would certainly be in the best interests of anti-CoS folks to alter TSB or other texts and release them so newbies would get the wrong ideas about Satanism. Avoid that and go straight to the source -- THE SATANIC BIBLE itself, in book form, gotten from a bookstore or online bookseller (of which there are many).

As for covert measures, I also partook in them. When I was in my mid-teens (during the extremely fundamentalist Christian Conservative Reagan era), I "covered" my TSB and TSR with brown paper bagging just like the rest of my school books, and read it anywhere I chose. Since most kids don't read, and can't see any symbolism on the outside of it, then no one really cares. Hell, I'm sure that some adults might be happy that someone your age is reading AT ALL -- doubly so if it's assumed to be "for school."

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#24327 - 02/03/04 06:59 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: MagisterParadise]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you, I did not go on to attempt piracy on TSB because of the exact reasons you stated. I am visiting a bookstore tonight and will browse through a copy before purchasing it.

I just finished submitting a site containing a supposed full text of The Satanic Bible to the email address provided on the CoS webpage.

#24328 - 02/03/04 08:32 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Shiboleth Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Yeah don't worry about it, like Jack said you won't be a minor forever. Besides I'm 27 and few people know I'm a Satanist for no other reason than I don't wear it on my sleeve and I don't like having to explain myself. Nothing wrong with being covert.

#24329 - 02/03/04 09:06 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
Yes it is.

But at the same time, it would benefit both you and them to have a bit of secrecy when it comes to things they don't need to know.

Ask yourself this:

What will change?

You WILL be a Satanist, even if nobody else knows. Other people knowing your beliefs will not change a thing, except maybe make them angry or hostile towards you. Something like this is best kept under wraps from most people.

And it's not because you should be ashamed, but because many people will simply not tolerate you. Face it. Satan is a creepy guy

Be kind to your parents. Treat them with the respect they deserve.

#24330 - 02/03/04 09:52 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
mattevans Offline

Loc: Japan
As I understand it the success of greater magic relies on the emotional release which the ritual results in.
The most important factor in this is the symbolism.
If the symbolism you need in order to achieve an intense release of emotion can be found in a blade of grass then this should be sufficient.
If not then I would suggest finding a place where you can achieve this release without being disturbed.
In short you need what YOU need.

#24331 - 02/03/04 10:26 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Bogey_Man]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

And it's not because you should be ashamed, but because many people will simply not tolerate you.

ZERO TOLERANCE is the Christian Creed.

#24332 - 02/04/04 12:40 AM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
What would I need?

A vivid imagination and a strong Desire.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#24333 - 02/04/04 04:11 AM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

To hide Satanism from parents you need:

One copy of The Satanic Bible.

One copy of a book your parents would never even bother to flip through that is about the size of The Satanic Bible.

The cover of the "non-offensive" book.

Glue.

Place the other cover over your copy of The Satanic Bible and no one will be even curious.

Satanism requires creativity.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#24334 - 02/04/04 04:17 AM The most perfect ritual chamber in the entire world....
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
...is right between your ears.

While robes and candles and symbols and other such ritualistic trappings are fun and can be aesthetically pleasing...they are not mandatory.

Do you ever daydream? About winning some competition and accepting the award? About that hottie at school finally coming onto you and dropping to her knees in front of you?

That is all it takes. Lay back. Close your eyes. Adorn your chamber...work your magic. See your results.

It is as simple and private as that.

I can have a full fledged destruction ritual during a squad meeting. And then watch my target walk out the door and fall flat on his face and break his nose.

It's all about the magic inside you, not in some props.

Enjoy!

#24335 - 02/04/04 04:19 AM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
RobertE Offline

Loc: Michigan
To perform Greater Magic, will I need everything mention in TSB?

Reading and understanding the TSB will answer that question for you.

One thing I would like to recommend would be to purchase The Satanic Witch with TSB. It's never too late to start fine tuning and honing your Lesser Magic skills, as they are used far far more often than Greater Magic rituals.

Speaking of some Lesser Magic, considering your age and what you've told us about your parents, I would definitely recommend an excellent essay written by TrojZyr
So Your Mom’s a Meanie-Head:
A Teenage Satanist’s Guide to Getting Along with Authority
There is no Hank. You are Karl. Make your own list as you see fit. Eat as many wieners as you want, any way you want, even with a large group of consenting individuals if you want! Take pride in your wiener-eating. Make up large, elaborate ceremonies revolving around the kissing of your own ass, having them photographed and videotaped by the media if possible.

#24336 - 02/04/04 08:11 AM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: MagisterParadise]
Silence Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 29 Palms, CA
I have to admit, I am guilty of downloading a PDF copy of TSB. It is all over KaZaA and I even found the complete text of it on a psuedo-Satanist website one time. The PDF was ridden with typos and grammar errors. I only searched for it because at the time, I was extremely short on cash.

I have since purchased my own hard-copy.

#24337 - 02/04/04 12:08 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
NaamahPink Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Kentucky
I have read a lot of your posts in this thread, and it seems to me that you are really jumping ahead of yourself. If you have not read the TSB, then don't worry about Greater Magic.

Unless you have something that is really giving you greif, then there is no reason to get into a rush.

My suggestion to you is to first focus on reading all of LaVey's published books, here you will discover if Satanism is really for you or not. In addition, it will give you a much better understanding of the religion. Then, you will begin to see things about yourself that you will want to improve. This is not to suggest you can make yourself a Satanist through improvement, but most juveniles aren't all-knowing in perfect physical shape with the big plan of what to do for the next 100 years all lined out before them. Perhaps you may want to read other books put out by Satanic hierarchy, and discover the Satanic reading list as suggested in other posts.

At this point you may want to perfect your lesser magic skills, which in a hostile household can be a very useful tool. Then, finally you may want to start working with Greater Magic to get results.

There is no reason to be in a rush, and if you feel rushed to get started, you will probably be unsuccessful. Take your time.

#24338 - 02/04/04 04:10 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: NaamahPink]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is in reply to Jack_Malebranche, Naamahpink, and all others who posted under this topic:
Thank you for your help. My research last night was unsuccessful as I found nothing but earth-based/polytheistic bunk. I will continue my research today and will until I finally get myself a copy of The Satanic Bible. My interest in Satanism has been leaked very little in school - fellow students found it odd that I knew such a great amount about the Church of Satan, its founder, and other members and representatives. One kid asked, "Are you a Satanist? Do you worship the devil?" And I replied, "No. Merely myself."
Jack_Malebranche and I spoke in a private conversation about how Satanism isn't about being spoon fed information - it requires research and homework to decide for myself. And that I have learned and will apply the rest of my days.
Once again I thank you all for your help and will keep you posted on my progress with keeping Satanism private - for now.

Risto

#24339 - 02/05/04 02:47 AM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: MagisterParadise]
Basil_theOgre Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Internet may not be accurate.

Indeed. The copy of TSB that's floating around the net is quite flawed. I think it was scanned and OCR'd, so there are a horrendous number of plain old spelling errors, or mis-OCR'd words. Also, there are entire paragraphs missing, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were more serious additions/omissions.

In Canada, Indigo will order it for you, Chapters usually keeps ONE copy in stock, and most used bookstores will have a copy or two. I much prefer having the physical book in my hands anyways, plus I get to know that the CoS gets to benefit from my having paid.

#24340 - 02/05/04 06:26 AM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: MagisterParadise]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
Also buying the book "legally" shows more respect for Dr. Laveys work and Satanism in general.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#24341 - 02/05/04 12:03 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Also buying the book "legally" shows more respect for Dr. Laveys work and Satanism in general.

Of course. I am continuing my search a real TSB.

#24342 - 02/05/04 02:02 PM Look no further....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Purchase the Satanic Bible New or Used

This should speed you on your way. And if you don't have the resources to purchase online, I am sure that you have at least ONE Barnes and Noble at your disposal in Las Vegas that surely has a copy in stock.

Hail!!

~DWK~

#24343 - 02/05/04 04:21 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
vrspectre Offline

Loc: Portland area, OR USA
A couple of suggestions as to how to hide it from your parents.

1) Don't ever leave it at home. If you have a car put it there. Leave it at your locker at school. Just make sure it is not at home when you are not.

2)Recover it. Put a cover from the xian bible over the real cover or some other non-objectionable book cover.

3)Hide it really good. Tear up a corner of carpet in your room and stash it there. Tape it under a dresser drawer.

And as for finding it. You shouldn't have to much trouble locating it. You live in Vegas don't you?? Just head down to the mall and pick it up from the book stores there. Call ahead and make sure they have it in stock if you want.

Welcome aboard.

#24344 - 02/05/04 04:26 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: vrspectre]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have searched all around in my area, and have had no luck. Every Borders and Barnes and Noble within 20 miles, and even 2 different malls. I learned a friend of mine is purchasing it off Amazon.com, and I offered to buy it from him when he is done with a report he's writing on Satanism. We'll see how things pan out.

#24345 - 02/05/04 08:33 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Helena Offline

Loc: Texas
You can purchase The Satanic Bible from the CoS Emporium here: http://www.cosemporium.com/customer/product.php?productid=37&cat=2&page=1

The shipping is free, it will arrive in a plain yellow envelope and you can even pay for it with cash if you need to. Plus, you'll be supporting this messageboard's existance by shopping at the Emporium.

Sincerely,
Helena

#24346 - 02/05/04 09:33 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
RobertE Offline

Loc: Michigan
Have Borders order it for you.

It doesn't take long at all for the order to come in.
There is no Hank. You are Karl. Make your own list as you see fit. Eat as many wieners as you want, any way you want, even with a large group of consenting individuals if you want! Take pride in your wiener-eating. Make up large, elaborate ceremonies revolving around the kissing of your own ass, having them photographed and videotaped by the media if possible.

#24347 - 02/05/04 09:48 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: RobertE]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote]Have Borders order it for you.

It doesn't take long at all for the order to come in. [/quote]

I will I will! I did get paid so I am GREATLY considering it .. I don't have a credit or debit card, just an ATM, so I will have a friend buy it for me and I'll give him cash for it, replace the cover, and be good to go. I plan on returning back to this post to update you guys on how my progress is coming.

Risto

#24348 - 02/06/04 03:15 AM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Bogey_Man]
Klarkesh-Ton Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ozark Wonderland
Be kind to your parents. Treat them with the respect they deserve.

This is occasionally illegal, given some parents...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405206 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements