Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#24307 - 02/03/04 05:24 PM Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello readers and leaders alike-
I am a minor and a member of a somewhat strict Christian household -- there's a great amount of trust and distance between my parents and me, spiritually. I have accepted to live life for myself, and believe the lectors of the Church of Satan. I am looking to improve my practices of and belief in Satanism, but am very limited on privacy at times. I wanted to find out if Satanic rituals could be performed alone in a small space (such as my bedroom), and how I would go about performing those rituals, if any. What would I need?
Thank you for your time and I hope I wasn't too vague or contradictory in this post.

Edited by MagistraNadramia (02/03/04 05:36 PM)

#24308 - 02/03/04 05:29 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

The first question that begs to be asked is "Have you read The Satanic Bible?"

The second would be "Have you read the items on the Church of Satan website?"
Prevention of Virtue

#24309 - 02/03/04 05:38 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

Satanic ritual as described in The Satanic Bible is like a basic primer for the activity. A starting point. A sort of how to perform magic by example. The emphasis is really on YOU as to how much of it you use.

For example, I live in a shared flat and thus cannot effectively recite the enochian keys in the booming, resonant way as suggested. Instead I speak in a serpentine whisper. Its just as evocative but in a more covert way. Actually, performing rituals in close proximity to unaware flatmates can add quite a bit to the drama and the "secretness" of the ritual.

Ritual magic is an extention of yourself. Use as much or as little props as you desire.

#24310 - 02/03/04 05:40 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: LKRice]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have not been able to read the complete Satanic Bible, but I have read (unverified) portions of it and the theories and practices from the COS site plenty of times, enough times to remember them.
I imagine I could find a copy of the Satanic Bible online, illegally, of course.

#24311 - 02/03/04 05:53 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Wile_E_Quixote]
Anonymous
Unregistered

And these props and keys are mentioned explicitly in the Satanic Bible?

#24312 - 02/03/04 05:55 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

I imagine I could find a copy of the Satanic Bible online, illegally, of course.

Recommendation: Spend the few bucks it costs to buy the book and let the CoS Administration know if you find it online so they can get it taken off.
Prevention of Virtue

#24313 - 02/03/04 06:00 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: LKRice]
Anonymous
Unregistered

But like I said, if I was caught with it, or my parents found it, it would be thrown out and my priveledges and freedoms would be at stake. I guess it's a decision I'll have to make for myself. If I stumble upon a page with the complete Satanic Bible available for viewing, I will report it.

#24314 - 02/03/04 06:07 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: LKRice]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It appears I have found one. Should I read it, then report it?
I think not.

#24315 - 02/03/04 06:09 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Yes.

I would note that you should probably study the philosophy thoroughly before attempting to perform Greater Magic. Not because something awful is going to happen to you otherwise, but because you should know what you're doing and why you're doing it. It will work better for you that way.

And there are many books that can slip right by a concerned conservative parent's eyes that are actually quite Satanic. They may even be thrilled to see you reading the classics! Check the CoS Recommended Reading List. There is much to be learned.

#24316 - 02/03/04 06:15 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you.

#24317 - 02/03/04 06:22 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
You are welcome.

One more thought...

"Satanists are Born, Not Made."

If you ARE a Satanist, you will ALWAYS be a Satanist - right down to the bone.

So there is really no rush.

Study carefully, but don't put yourself at risk. Be practical. Bide your time. You won't be a minor forever.

Oh...and they sell TSB at Borders/Barnes & Nobles. If you have the time and you aren't being watched, why not flip through a copy there? That's why they have those nice cushy chairs.

#24318 - 02/03/04 06:27 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Shiboleth Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Buy it at a store, tear the binding off (don't worry its pretty easy lol) and glue the binding of a comparabley sized innocous book in its place and no-one will be the wiser. Either that or keep it really well hidden.

#24319 - 02/03/04 06:29 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hm. Yes. I like you. I will do that tonight. Thank you for your help, sir. What are some other publications about Satanic Rituals and/or Lesser/Greater Magic?

#24320 - 02/03/04 06:30 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Shiboleth]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Buy it at a store, tear the binding off (don't worry its pretty easy lol) and glue the binding of a comparabley sized innocous book in its place and no-one will be the wiser. Either that or keep it really well hidden.

Ah, yes. Clever. Will try, I get paid Thursday.

#24321 - 02/03/04 06:38 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have no idea how old you are but there is another avenue you can travel down as well, that is to get two copies, that way should one fall prey to your parents ever you would always have a backup copy in your locker (tucked away out of sight) at school that no one but you has access to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406365 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements