Topic Options
#24322 - 02/03/04 06:42 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
This has got to be at least 2 years worth of reading, probably more for most:

CoS Non Fiction Reading List

CoS Fiction Reading List

As far as Greater Magic is concerned, you can use the framework in TSB to do basically anything you want. Nothing else is necessary. Other books may provide interesting background and supplementary information, but all you need to perform a Satanic Ritual for almost any purpose can be found in TSB.

That, Regis, is my Final Answer.

#24323 - 02/03/04 06:45 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay. Like I said, I'm traveling there tonight, so I will look things up and skim through. To perform Greater Magic, will I need everything mention in TSB? I'll do what you recommended and read on the background.

And as for the two books thing .. I don't know. $9.99 isn't too much, so perhaps I will.

It's sad and somewhat difficult having to hide stuff from your parents.

#24324 - 02/03/04 06:50 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are far worse things I've known people hiding from their parents, Satanism is not as bad as most think it is (it's not bad at all I think), the only reason why it has such a bad stigma attached to it is due to Hollywood and everyones favorite local newspapers.

Edited by Todd_Pope (02/03/04 06:51 PM)

#24325 - 02/03/04 06:54 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

There are far worse things I've known people hiding from their parents, Satanism is not as bad as most think it is (it's not bad at all I think), the only reason why it has such a bad stigma attached to it is due to Hollywood and everyones favorite local newspapers.

Agreed.

#24326 - 02/03/04 06:55 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
3 Feb XXXIX A.S.

Quote:

I imagine I could find a copy of the Satanic Bible online, illegally, of course.

I've said it before, but I state it again for the purposes of this particular thread...

If not downloading an illegal copy of The Satanic Bible or ANY of our books, magazines, etc, because it's non-support for the Church of Satan isn't good enough for you (and, in my opinion, it IS), remember that everything you read or download off the Internet may not be accurate. It would certainly be in the best interests of anti-CoS folks to alter TSB or other texts and release them so newbies would get the wrong ideas about Satanism. Avoid that and go straight to the source -- THE SATANIC BIBLE itself, in book form, gotten from a bookstore or online bookseller (of which there are many).

As for covert measures, I also partook in them. When I was in my mid-teens (during the extremely fundamentalist Christian Conservative Reagan era), I "covered" my TSB and TSR with brown paper bagging just like the rest of my school books, and read it anywhere I chose. Since most kids don't read, and can't see any symbolism on the outside of it, then no one really cares. Hell, I'm sure that some adults might be happy that someone your age is reading AT ALL -- doubly so if it's assumed to be "for school."

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#24327 - 02/03/04 06:59 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: MagisterParadise]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you, I did not go on to attempt piracy on TSB because of the exact reasons you stated. I am visiting a bookstore tonight and will browse through a copy before purchasing it.

I just finished submitting a site containing a supposed full text of The Satanic Bible to the email address provided on the CoS webpage.

#24328 - 02/03/04 08:32 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Shiboleth Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Yeah don't worry about it, like Jack said you won't be a minor forever. Besides I'm 27 and few people know I'm a Satanist for no other reason than I don't wear it on my sleeve and I don't like having to explain myself. Nothing wrong with being covert.

#24329 - 02/03/04 09:06 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
Yes it is.

But at the same time, it would benefit both you and them to have a bit of secrecy when it comes to things they don't need to know.

Ask yourself this:

What will change?

You WILL be a Satanist, even if nobody else knows. Other people knowing your beliefs will not change a thing, except maybe make them angry or hostile towards you. Something like this is best kept under wraps from most people.

And it's not because you should be ashamed, but because many people will simply not tolerate you. Face it. Satan is a creepy guy

Be kind to your parents. Treat them with the respect they deserve.

#24330 - 02/03/04 09:52 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
mattevans Offline

Loc: Japan
As I understand it the success of greater magic relies on the emotional release which the ritual results in.
The most important factor in this is the symbolism.
If the symbolism you need in order to achieve an intense release of emotion can be found in a blade of grass then this should be sufficient.
If not then I would suggest finding a place where you can achieve this release without being disturbed.
In short you need what YOU need.

#24331 - 02/03/04 10:26 PM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: Bogey_Man]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

And it's not because you should be ashamed, but because many people will simply not tolerate you.

ZERO TOLERANCE is the Christian Creed.

#24332 - 02/04/04 12:40 AM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
What would I need?

A vivid imagination and a strong Desire.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#24333 - 02/04/04 04:11 AM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

To hide Satanism from parents you need:

One copy of The Satanic Bible.

One copy of a book your parents would never even bother to flip through that is about the size of The Satanic Bible.

The cover of the "non-offensive" book.

Glue.

Place the other cover over your copy of The Satanic Bible and no one will be even curious.

Satanism requires creativity.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#24334 - 02/04/04 04:17 AM The most perfect ritual chamber in the entire world....
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
...is right between your ears.

While robes and candles and symbols and other such ritualistic trappings are fun and can be aesthetically pleasing...they are not mandatory.

Do you ever daydream? About winning some competition and accepting the award? About that hottie at school finally coming onto you and dropping to her knees in front of you?

That is all it takes. Lay back. Close your eyes. Adorn your chamber...work your magic. See your results.

It is as simple and private as that.

I can have a full fledged destruction ritual during a squad meeting. And then watch my target walk out the door and fall flat on his face and break his nose.

It's all about the magic inside you, not in some props.

Enjoy!

#24335 - 02/04/04 04:19 AM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now
RobertE Offline

Loc: Michigan
To perform Greater Magic, will I need everything mention in TSB?

Reading and understanding the TSB will answer that question for you.

One thing I would like to recommend would be to purchase The Satanic Witch with TSB. It's never too late to start fine tuning and honing your Lesser Magic skills, as they are used far far more often than Greater Magic rituals.

Speaking of some Lesser Magic, considering your age and what you've told us about your parents, I would definitely recommend an excellent essay written by TrojZyr
So Your Momís a Meanie-Head:
A Teenage Satanistís Guide to Getting Along with Authority
There is no Hank. You are Karl. Make your own list as you see fit. Eat as many wieners as you want, any way you want, even with a large group of consenting individuals if you want! Take pride in your wiener-eating. Make up large, elaborate ceremonies revolving around the kissing of your own ass, having them photographed and videotaped by the media if possible.

#24336 - 02/04/04 08:11 AM Re: Keeping Satanism Private - for now [Re: MagisterParadise]
Silence Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 29 Palms, CA
I have to admit, I am guilty of downloading a PDF copy of TSB. It is all over KaZaA and I even found the complete text of it on a psuedo-Satanist website one time. The PDF was ridden with typos and grammar errors. I only searched for it because at the time, I was extremely short on cash.

I have since purchased my own hard-copy.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements