Topic Options
#243797 - 05/18/07 04:20 PM Tabula rasa?
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
Does the Church of Satan have any belief about life before um, life? I ask because I was pondering the statement that, "Satanists are born--not made." If we didn't exist prior to our birth how could we be "born" a Satanist?

Thank you for any consideration or time given to my question. I am always pondering the possibility of some kind of existence prior to birth and wondered if there is any official stance on it from the Church.

Hail Satan!
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#243805 - 05/18/07 04:54 PM Re: Tabula rasa? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
No.

You don't understand the statement. Saying someone is born a Satanist is similar to saying someone was a born mathematician, or born leader, etc. It is describing "Satanist" as a hardwired personality type.

There is NO reason or need to resort to spiritual or metaphysical BS to coherently assert "Satanists are BORN not made."
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#243819 - 05/18/07 06:07 PM Re: Tabula rasa? [Re: Svengali]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
Thanks for the clarification.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405207 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements