Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#244169 - 05/21/07 04:57 AM Saved a Life!
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I'm sure some of us here may save lives almost every day in the work they do but it is certainly not everyday that I save one just going about my life.

As I ventured along past a local train station today and crossed the tracks I found a man in about his seventies laying unconscious with his loaf of bread he obviously just bought. He lay near a seat just by the off ramp to the station.

The man was a light shade of purple and apart from the busy traffic driving past unaware, the only people nearby were two old men standing there looking at him and puffing on their cigarettes. It quickly phased me why they did not use any initiative to do something. I had no time to ponder their altruistic absence from the situation, this man needed me.

I performed basic first aid by turning him gently on his side whilst trying to get some sort of response from him - nothing. As I mentioned earlier, he was purple and as time went by the purple became more distinct. I caught the station cleaner looking from a distance so I asked him for some latex gloves which he happened to have with all his cleaning gear and got him to call for an ambulance. He did.

People came out of nowhere to see what the attraction was, I shoved them back, told the smokers to stand clear and I continued. My gloves arrived, i was in control. I checked his airways and found his denture came loose and was obstructing his breathing, so I removed them whilst constantly talking to him.

Colour slowly came back in his face, his eyes opened and he looked at me straight in the eyes and touched my face in thanks. I rested his head on his loaf of bread (much more comfortable than concrete) and the paramedics arrived. I informed them of the situation, they thanked me and I was on my way.

Was quite impressed with myself so thought I'd share that with you.

HS!

Edited by noordenzuid (05/21/07 04:57 AM)

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#244186 - 05/21/07 08:08 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Great job! You did that exactly right by first protecting yourself and then quickly finding the cause of the man's distress.

I can only hope that I would do as well if I were ever in that situation.

Nice work!

#244191 - 05/21/07 09:20 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
AnzuLahmu Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Very impressive. I commend your actions whole heartedly. Those who take action to preserve life truly deserve it.

The Gateway to Forever

I am a Vampire

Anzu's Rare Books

Ritual Music

#244193 - 05/21/07 09:42 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Nice! - Now I just hope you saved a life that was worth saving.

#244194 - 05/21/07 09:57 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
You might have saved a complete ass who didn't deserve to live, but it sure is nice knowing that you did something good, toying with that good guy badge because you know it's fun.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#244196 - 05/21/07 10:04 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Biff]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
Great job noordenzuid. I bet you're proud of yourself, as you should be. Ignore comments like Biff's, some people just can't see the good that you did.

Hail noordenzuid!

Hail Satan!

-Darrell
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#244200 - 05/21/07 10:29 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: D. Macabre]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
I'm sorry if I came off as somewhat heartless or insensitive, allow me to clarify.

Wasn't saying that was he did was good or bad, if he saved some nice guy who was productive and perhaps me it'd be all good, but it wouldn't have been all good if he saved some jackass who defecates on your lawn and is just another loafer, but whoever it is, it is entirely INCONSEQUENTIAL to the point I was trying to make.

I was saying that it's fun to do good things, people pat you on the back for it and even if you might not have had any direct or short-term benefit to it, people will see you as something to be respected and liked, so it is quite fun to 'toy with the good guy badge'. Some people wear and it and say they're truly altruistic, but don't realize that they actually derive pleasure from it. But it is fun to know that you Saved a life, and life we know to be most important.

So I wasn't trying to shoot him down, sorry if you got that impression.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#244211 - 05/21/07 11:11 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Good show!

Unlike so many who preach altruism and selflessness, and who would rant and rail against Satanism for being "mean" and "egoistic," you put your money where your mouth is. There are, sadly, dozens of mouthy "altruists" who still stand by when Kitty Genovese gets killed, or a child wanders about and sobs for his mum, or a man passes out and turns blue. This is because the herd looks at one another for a sign of how to act, and, upon seeing that nobody seems outwardly phased or interested, decides that they shouldn't be outwardly interested, either, and that somebody else will fix things. You made a decision to act, ensured that the situation was safe for you to proceed, and then went into action.

And, even if this fellow is a jerk, he's 70, so he'll probably be dead soon, or he'll choke on his dentures again. So, all in all, I think you should still be proud of what you accomplished, and not second guess yourself.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#244214 - 05/21/07 11:17 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Fantastic! There is no better way to separate yourself from the herd than to take command of a situation such as this and act quickly and confidently while the sheep look around nervously, waiting for the hero to come.

You, sir, were the hero. I raise my glass to you!

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#244217 - 05/21/07 11:40 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Biff]
LightAngel Offline

What noordenzuid did was an act of love ( I'm sure he won't admit that, but it was ) - and I admire that, however, some human animals destroy nature, and they also destroy the other animals, and for NO reason at all! - and I personally don't care if they die! - Because they want to die, why else would they destroy their home ( Earth )

#244219 - 05/21/07 12:05 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: LightAngel]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
 Originally Posted By: LightAngel
What noordenzuid did was an act of love ( I'm sure he won't admit that, but it was ) - and I admire that, however, some human animals destroy nature, and they also destroy the other animals, and for NO reason at all! - and I personally don't care if they die! - Because they want to die, why else would they destroy their home ( Earth )

Interesting.

You would walk by someone who was obviously in some sort of distress because they could "potentially" be a bad person? How would you know? I could see if you were walking down the sidewalk and saw that John Wayne Gacy was on the ground having a heart attack, but we are talking about an old man who choked on his dentures.

I don't understand the rational of many of these posts. Once again way to go noordenzuid, you're a hero - just as Minus said.
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

“Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is.” --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#244220 - 05/21/07 12:13 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: LightAngel]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Satanists value life.

Until circumstances indicate otherwise, preserving life (especially that of your own and your loved ones) is extremely high on the priority list.

Take care in how you use group classifications!

They are useful only up to a point.

When you encounter individuals, those stereotype assumptions must be held with a few grains of salt.

That man choking on his dentures may well have been a harmless street bum, an amateur pianist, somebody's loving grandfather, the local feed-the-birds nutjob, as well as a rapacious evil earth destroying a***e. Maybe all of the above.

One doesn't know until the facts are in.

In the meantime, default is to preserve life.

Hail noordenzuid!

#244221 - 05/21/07 12:15 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: D. Macabre]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

We seem to be on the same page, here!

#244223 - 05/21/07 12:25 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Lust Offline

Good Job, noordenzuid!

Hail Satan!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#244226 - 05/21/07 12:37 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Isabel23]
LightAngel Offline

Oh, I value life too, more than anything.

I'm just realistic about our nature, with all our lil ways.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements