Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#244257 - 05/21/07 03:03 PM Human nature [Re: LightAngel]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
 Quote:
And why would I help?! - because it's my nature to do so,..

Consider how we Satanists accept human nature as it is.

However, and this can be a very important idea to consider, the nature of the "herd" - the majority of human beings on this world - has evidenced for thousands of years as their nature the rejection of the same carnal values that are so obvious to the Satanist.

Thus it is natural for people to behave the way they do as a whole.

As Satanists we respect reality and this is a reality that is revealed throughout all of recorded history.

As Satanists we exalt doubt over "group think" or group assumptions.

Thus if the majority of the world claims that human beings are destroying the planet, it is our nature as Satanists to doubt this and to question it before accepting that it must be so.

We can be wrong. We are Gods who lay no claim to omniscience.

At the same time, if there is some very strong popular belief then the chances are pretty good that it is not true and simply being used to control people.

Discerning the theatrical control systems from what is true is an ongoing, lifelong task.

However, whatever is happening to the world is not due to human nature being screwed up, in my opinion.

People always act in accordance with their authentic nature.

The only question is are they our kind of people (heroic and self-willed) or their kind of people (peer pressure dominated)?

"Everything is exactly the way it has to be." -Nemo's Law ;\)

#244263 - 05/21/07 03:47 PM Re: Human nature [Re: Nemo]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Yup....

But we ain't Robots, we are human animals with feelings, and these feelings can sometimes shake us up a lil when we ''dance'' in the jungle ;\)

We wouldn't be alive otherwise.

And when did we ever see a cat poison a river? - The other animals live in balance with nature.

But I agree with your thoughts, I'm responsible for my own life, I'm the creator of my life.

So yes ''Everything is exactly the way it has to be.'' - Nemo's Law is right.

#244277 - 05/21/07 05:53 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
That may have been someone's grandfather. I am sure they are very grateful.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#244287 - 05/21/07 06:36 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Great job noordenzuid, very well done!

#244306 - 05/21/07 09:54 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
This incident speaks volumes about human behavior. This man lay there turning purple and possibly dying while others stood just looking on. But notice how the curious all gathered afterwards "to see what the attraction was"

Quote:
Colour slowly came back in his face, his eyes opened and he looked at me straight in the eyes and touched my face in thanks. I rested his head on his loaf of bread (much more comfortable than concrete) and the paramedics arrived. I informed them of the situation, they thanked me and I was on my way.

My eyes welled up when I read this. You saved this mans life! I imagine he saw you as a god at that moment.

Kudos to you on cheating death!

I for one am impressed...hats off to you noordenzuid

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#244307 - 05/21/07 09:54 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Good man! It is because of your courage and initiative that the man has a new chance on life.

I detest people who blatantly ignore a person in need of help. I find it pathetic. I stop for traffic accidents that I have witnessed to help and it always amazes me how many people just keep driving even when they were right there as it happened.

I feel the same way about people who just ignore an injured animal. Why ignore the poor thing when you have the ability to help it?

Keep it up because people like you make society that much safer and enjoyable.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#244309 - 05/21/07 10:01 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Biff]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

A good guy badge is done for a title and status while a reaction of assistance is a drive to feed the inner need to help some one or something in trouble.

If it is your reaction to stop and say, "That man needs help! I have to do something." Then I would say your actions were done on an inner desire. But if you say, "Someone is in trouble. If I walked away would people think less of me and if I help him would people think of me as a hero?", then that is basing your actions on the opinions of others. That is the difference between the two mentalities.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#244311 - 05/21/07 10:07 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Isabel23]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

If that man was my grandfather I would sure in hell be thankful a stranger saved him. There is an underlining concept of giving aid to those who can be helped because life is valuable. Then there is the act of "so what" that makes society spineless and pathetic.

Life is too important to just scoff it off and say, “That guy is probably an asshole." Well, in the end you become the asshole.

You are right, Magistra. Satanists value life.

#244313 - 05/21/07 10:20 PM Re: Human nature [Re: LightAngel]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

I have heard the argument that animals don't destroy their environment. I would say animals are not given the opportunity or the technological advances to destroy their environment. However, there is a species of ants that live in the African forest that are known to level acres if left unchallenged by either predators or other ant colonies. Beavers are known to clog streams and a species of starfish are known to destroy the coral reefs that they feed off of.

I feel that animals given their instinct and free roam could very well devastate their environment. Some species are more dominate and territorial than others. Humans are dominate and territorial animals and have advanced to the point of being the top of the food chain.

#244315 - 05/21/07 10:31 PM Nature [Re: Discipline]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

I recall a four-part documentary series recently called "Strange Days on Planet Earth". One of the episodes looked at situations where predators were missing and that is indeed exactly what herbivores do when left unchecked.

In Venezuela some dam project produced several smaller islands of rainforest and when it flooded most of the large predators either drowned or fled. A few years later some islands are wastelands while others are headed that way because the herbivore population exploded and they simply ate the place to utter barrenness before they died of starvation. Much as I dearly love iguanas, they were a major source of the problem.

While the situation was not nearly as dire in Yellowstone, there were some scientists baffled by the erosion of riverbeds in recent decades who noticed in old photos the banks were clothed in willow shrubs. They were just starting to figure it out when an unrelated project to reintroduce wolves solved the problem - soon after that, the willows started to make a comeback. No wolves had meant too many elk, which meant the willow shoots were eaten and so the willows disappeared. No willows meant no roots to hold the soil which washed away. The recent footage was lush and beautiful compared to photos from the late 80s.

Edited by Maqlu (05/21/07 10:31 PM)
Edit Reason: Changed the title

#244320 - 05/21/07 10:59 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Good job.

Also, not to detract from what you did, but anyone who wouldn't do this is deserving of an ass kicking. Being a decent human being shouldn't be so extraordinary.

#244323 - 05/21/07 11:35 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
You have done good, no matter what the rest are debating about. As was said before, you could have done nothing at all, but you jumpedin and did your thing. Congrats to you, pal,you earned it!

#244326 - 05/21/07 11:58 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Laren Offline

Loc: Australia
Aw, that is fantastic! Great work.

It warmed my heart to read it.

For anyone questioning the mans worthiness of life, try and think of it this way.

If he is deserving of life, noordenzuid did a great thing by prolonging that. Therefore keeping the joy in other peoples lives that this man may bring.

On the other hand, if the man is a right arse and is not deserving of life, noordenzuid prolonged his life and has therefore giving him the greatest opportunity to be thoroughly punished.

Either way, you can't lose on this one.

I am sure the old man never did anything to anyone here (Might be wrong there) So you don't really have a reason to question whether he should live or not.

Besides, noordenzuid was also looking out for himself.
I know if I just stood by while someone was dying right next to me while I have a Senior First Aid Certificate trying to figure out whether they should live or die and the did infact kick the bucket, I'd feel pretty damn rotten and that would be a stain on my conscience for the rest of my life.

I don't need that.

Good on you.

#244328 - 05/22/07 12:13 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Minus]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
 Originally Posted By: Minus
How do you determine the worth of a human life as that person is choking and unconscious?

I gave this choking man a questionnaire once, and tried to perform a background check, and ultimately decided that he was indeed unworthy. Whatever I asked, the stupid, unhelpful, bastard I just replied, "HHHHURRRRK!" and "HOOOOOOOHHHCHHH!" So, he had it coming.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#244332 - 05/22/07 12:43 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: noordenzuid
I'm sure some of us here may save lives almost every day in the work they do but it is certainly not everyday that I save one just going about my life.

And no Jesus channeling necessary! Well done.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12017 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405224 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements