Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#244340 - 05/22/07 01:11 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
You did the right thing. I've seen too many people turn away from someone in true need as you described. It was just not too long ago I was in a situation where I could have turned away from someone in need, but I didn't. Why? Because I didn't know this person, and he was truely helpless(and hurt very bad). For all I knew he could have been a really swell guy.

It seems alot of people think Satanism is about being nothing but malevolent, yes it's a part of Satanism when justly due to someone, but there's also compassion that comes with Luciferian Enlightenment. Many don't understand this love and joy that is part of Satanism, because they can't break the Religious Deist Ball and Chain(Good and Evil) that's been placed on them.

Don't listen to those who say you only helped him for attention, because those who let compassion die for the truely helpless are the most wretched in my book! I'm sure you'll live forever with that old man for the rest of his days! ;\)
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#244343 - 05/22/07 01:27 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Bloodfire Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Honolulu, HI
 Originally Posted By: noordenzuid
Colour slowly came back in his face, his eyes opened and he looked at me straight in the eyes and touched my face in thanks. I rested his head on his loaf of bread (much more comfortable than concrete) and the paramedics arrived. I informed them of the situation, they thanked me and I was on my way.

It would have really been a hoot if you were wearing a Baphomet medallion that just "happened" to fall out at that moment, for all to see!

Bloodfire9.com | Bloodfire! Store - Satanic-themed Merchandise
TheQuintessentials.com - Satanic Horror Punk Rock
Other places to find The Quintessentials:
MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | Undercroft | YouTube | ReverbNation

#244373 - 05/22/07 04:29 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Bloodfire]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
It would have been indeed! Funnily enough, my medallion has arrived today!

Thank you all for such kind words, that means alot.

Hopefully this has called for some interesting discussion.

HS!

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#244414 - 05/22/07 10:23 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: LightAngel]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
I'm afraid there's more to it than just the money.
Weakness reveals in different ways in the presence of frailty.

People love to pity from above. It's reassuring.
They love tragedy, not only because it thrills them, but because it's someone else's tragedy, not theirs.
Passivity is the only way for them to "make sure" they will not be disrupted by life or death. Else, these unfortunate accidents they never interfere with, are part of their consolation system.
"My life is not that bad, after all".

That's even more obvious, when it comes to old people.

What amazes me is how shallow it all is. How sick.

I always hated that very Christian assumption, our misfortunes are nothing comparing to bigger ones.

It's only logical to weep about the hunger in the world, and leave the old guy to die.

\:>

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#244426 - 05/22/07 11:16 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: leonor]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Your words make me think about this song.

Fragile - Sting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e33umZlpTIM&mode=related&search=

\:\)

#244446 - 05/22/07 01:07 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: LightAngel]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Nice moment.

Thank you.

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#244525 - 05/22/07 08:35 PM Re: Saved a Life!
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
 Originally Posted By: WarlockBloodfire
It would have really been a hoot if you were wearing a Baphomet medallion that just "happened" to fall out at that moment, for all to see!

Probably would have been met with comments about black magics and selling the guy's soul to restore him to life or something.

Seriously though, knowing the herd, they either wouldn't pay attention, would pretend they didn't notice, or would make a big deal out of it.

Would be entertaining to see though.

#244544 - 05/22/07 09:32 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Valek]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Valek
 Originally Posted By: WarlockBloodfire

Seriously though, knowing the herd, they either wouldn't pay attention, would pretend they didn't notice, or would make a big deal out of it.

Would be entertaining to see though.

This is a little off topic, but I have found that when members of the herd see my Baphomet they usually have one of two reactions. There's the "Oh, I like that, it's pretty. Where did you get it?" and then there's the don't notice it at all group. I have had very few people recognize it for anything at all and those were pagans of one sort or another and knew only that it had an inverted pentagram in it.

Really the herd is too involved in their American Idol and shit to notice much of anything.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#244571 - 05/22/07 11:36 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: dragondancer]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I agree. Most people don't have the slightest clue as to what it meant. I had some friend of a friend scan through my sketch pad once and came upon one of my Baphomets. He said, "Did you get this symbol from the book Dune?" I told him yes, but I do like the Dune series.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#244576 - 05/22/07 11:50 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Discipline]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
I've noticed that often those who see the Baphomet are simply afraid of it for its sinister appearance, and really don't know what it actually relates to.

But oh so useful for Lesser Magic!

#244585 - 05/23/07 12:46 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Vincent Offline
CoS Member

Loc: B.C.
I think you should be proud of helping the old guy. If I were to put myself in the same situation, I know I would be heartbroken to see someone in that condition and want to help them. Unfortunately though, I know it would occour to me that there are possibilities of doing more harm than good in situations like this. I think that in the US particularly, I would be concerned of possibly doing something that would be detrimental in some way and even doing more harm than help. I can see it now - "Passerby being sued for medical malpractice..."

First aid training comes in handy huh?

#244592 - 05/23/07 01:19 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Discipline]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Oh, you and your Kwisatz Haderach mind tricks.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#244594 - 05/23/07 01:37 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: TrojZyr]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
 Quote:
Oh, you and your Kwisatz Haderach mind tricks.

Bene Gesserit witch! Enough of your Weirding Way! The Orange Catholic Bible condemns you!

(Which reminds me... congratulations on your new title, you Witch you.)

-Chess

#244597 - 05/23/07 01:51 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: TrojZyr]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I know, I am have skillful ability to tell people what they want to hear. \:\/

But I was never fond of those witches. I am a Harkonnen afterall.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#244619 - 05/23/07 06:10 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Vincent]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Actually here in the US there is what is known as the "Good Samaritan Act." Basically this says you cannot be sued if you act in good faith to help a person who's life is in danger, as long as you act as anyone else with your ability would have.

In other words, if you stop and perform CPR on someone and end up breaking some ribs, you cannot be sued since others of the same ability would have done the same thing. If, however, you decide the person needs a tracheotomy and you don't have the slightest idea how to do it, you can be sued if you slice the guy's vocal cords and he can never speak again.

I'll bet you were just dying to know all this. Ha!

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12160 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405740 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements