Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#247668 - 06/08/07 08:54 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
I know the feeling. I called an ambulance for someone who had overdosed and passed out on the sidewalk about four years ago. By the time the paramedics arrived, I had gotten all of the information from the man that they would need (type of drugs, how much alcohol was consumed with them, how long ago, such and such)and I was able to very quickly run it down to them. And it's a very good thing I was in such control of the situation because a camera crew from PBS showed up with them. They were doing a documentary on paramedics! So, not only did I save a life, but I was also on TV for the fourth time! (I still need to see about getting a copy of this tape).

Additionally, I have saved two women from being raped and seen three children safely returned to their parents.

HAIL SATAN!

Edited by WinterGoat (06/08/07 09:39 PM)

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#247669 - 06/08/07 08:57 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: LightAngel]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Oh please do share these strange pictures with Us!

;\)

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#247676 - 06/08/07 09:17 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: dragondancer]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
Exactly what I was thinking when I read this post.

Originally Posted By: dragondancer
If, however, you decide the person needs a tracheotomy and you don't have the slightest idea how to do it,

Definitely not a good idea as you could very easily kill the person instead of saving them. However, if you do know how to do this and have already checked that there is otherwise no blockage in the throat then you should by all means perform the trach. All it requires is a knife, some kind of tube, and some tape. Most people I know carry a knife and a pen with them.

Additionaly, I think there should be a law enacted that requires all citizens to take some kind of first aid trainig. I, personally am trained in CPR and infant CPR. I also have had extensive first aid training and am equipped to handle virtually any emergency situation.

OBTW: Anyone who performs a chest compression and does it accurately is going to break some ribs.

HAIL SATAN!

Edited by WinterGoat (06/08/07 09:18 PM)

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#248359 - 06/13/07 08:40 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Wolfgang Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australi...
Wow! Fantastic story I didn't mention in my introduction, but I used to be in the Royal Australian Air Force cadets. My friends and I were driving in the middle of the night into Blackwood forest, and someone had moved the road work signs as a joke. Before we knew it, the car rolled three times! :oEverybody was injured in some shape or form. But the adrenalin rush caused me to think on my feet. I kicked open the door, and all four of my friends were able to clamber out. Accept for one. She was in the front passenger seat, and the poor thing had broken her ribs, and suffered a split spinal disk, as we later found out at the hospital. All of my friends were freaking out, so I had no option but to hold it together, and keep her head straight, as I didn't know at that current time how injured she was. Now the problem that faced us, was trying to find help in the middle of the bush! So luckily we were able to find a mobile that still worked. The tale of the phone was funny, as I remember seeing it upside down when the car flipped. It hit the driver in the head, and went out the windscreen, AND STILL SURVIVED! All in all, the local services found us, and we all went to hospital to receive treatment. It was here that I learnt I had broken two of my ribs, and I didn't notice because of the adrenalin! So, that's definitely the first time, I ever came close to death. Now I respect my loved ones even more, and cherish each friend I have, for I know that ones life can be over in a sudden second. And in one small swerve, so much pain and havoc can be caused. I was only 15 at the time. So I am very proud to be alive, and trying to make an impact in this world. Cheers for the post! As it's the only great story I guess I have had the chance to contribute Take care!
Hail Satan!
“Yeah, well, I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid, hopefully. And I think we're all a bit crazy if we do anything that's deviant. I've studied a great deal on deviance and aberrant behavior. Most of the interesting people I've ever met have been deviant in one form or another.”

ANTON SZANDOR LAVEY

"I became a coal minor. I managed to get through the mining exams. They're, eh, not very rigorous. They only ask you one question, 'Who are you?' and I got seventy-five percent on that."

PETER COOK

#250174 - 06/21/07 07:51 AM Re: Saved a Koala :o) [Re: Noordenzuid]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Good job Noordenzuid

You should be impressed with yourself!

I would like to share my little story from tonight.

I was driving to the shopping centre. The car was low on petrol, and occasionally overheating. I was going to drive one way, but randomly drove a different way on a main road.

I saw the car in the lane next to me suddenly brake, and then a Koala was on the road, and then he was right in front of my car.

I came to a full stop and put my hazard lights on. He was still in front of my car, I got out and he started galloping (it looks like they're galloping when they run) accross to the on-coming traffic. My heart stopped as a four-wheel-drive came towards him.

Nothing I could do. It hit him. It looked like it ran over his head - but not quite - and the fucking bastard just kept driving (I know he saw it!). The Koala was stumbling around. More traffic was coming.

I was wearing a long jacket trenchcoat, the closest thing I have to an expensive coat. I took it off and scooped him off the road.

Feisty bugger came too and didn't want a part of it. I can't imagine how scared he was. I got to the kerb and he slipped out of the jacket and was stumbling around in a dazed state. He was off the road but I couldn't leave him there.

Behind us was full residential area and a main road. Infront was one row of houses, a car park and then the train line. Although he seemed almost unhurt, if I had let him up the closest tree, he would have had to navigate through suburban streets or accross the main road or train line to find a suitable habitat - and his chances would have been slim. There was nowhere safe for him to go from where we were.

Although Koalas are pictured as cute and cuddly, they can be vicious and have really sharp claws and strong jaws. They also sound like pigs (I think).

There I was fumbling with a freaked out koala in my 3 inch heels and a tight denim skirt. I was so scared that he'd break away and dash back onto the road.

Funny that nobody stopped to help, except one guy, who was driving into his driveway just infront of me. Good on you Mark, I wouldn't have been able to get the little guy out of there without your help (poor Mark came away with a bite on his hand too!).

Mark held the Koala so I could drive my car into his driveway, and he brought the Koala to outside his garage. We discussed the situation for a bit. The Koala seemed very active now. There was no blood and he was very keen to go.

Once you catch and calm a Koala they're quite ok for you to pat their soft little heads, which I got to do, and his heart beat was a little calmer. He was looking around, with his little arms sticking out, trying to make a break for it every now and then. But I got to pat his furry little head.

I called my partner as his mum's a vet nurse and they've helped a lot of Koalas. He said that if the Koala seemed fine that I should relocate him, as that's what a vet surgery would do anyway. Checking him in the light there was no blood, no blood from his mouth or anything to show internal injury, and he seemed completely fine now. Lucky little guy.

I held the Koala as Mark got a big box and taped it up for me. We put the Koala in the box, I thanked Mark, and then drove to find a habitat. We're almost out in the sticks where I am, and I drove just far enough to where the rural meets the bushland. Climbing up the trench at the side of the road (still in my heels, girls) I took the box up, and opened it. He stuck his head out, and then he RAN like lighting! Up a tree he went.

The car had started overheating a bit, and smoke was coming out. Petrol was really low, but I made it to the service station, and then to the shopping centre to buy some fishing rods.

It was really nice to help this little guy find the bush again. On a note me and my partner caught and relocated another Koala about a year ago only 800m from that spot. This Koala was stuck on the bridge crossing the train line, and was very lucky.

HAIL SATAN!

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#250336 - 06/22/07 05:18 AM Re: Saved a Koala :o) [Re: Babydoll]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Thank you 2faced_babydoll!

What a great story! Sounded like a chaotic time but regardless of the dangerous circumstances you took great initiative to give this poor little koala another chance.

I salute you!

Am disgusted at the ignorance of the driver who hit him!

Again, well done.

HS!

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#250692 - 06/24/07 03:21 AM Re: Saved a Koala :o) [Re: Noordenzuid]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Thankyou!

I was thinking about your incident.

Each day the Satanist feels the pride and power of being their own God, but in that moment, you were a GOD to someone else, by bringing them back from the brink of death!

It must have been an amazing experience for you, to truly hold someones' life in your hands.

Well done to you again, and HS!

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#285010 - 11/22/07 01:50 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Although I posted this quite a while back, my story from that day has recently aided me in landing quite the career.

How you may ask?

As part of my day long assessment which included interview, cognitive tests, questions to a scenario, and group tasks, it was also required of me to present a speech to my audience and assessors on basically a time when I have had to help someone of a different cultural background to myself (along with sub questions to touch on).

I stood there with the utmost pride and confidence in delivering my speech and raise my glass to myself for such a fine performance.

How very appropriate to have had such an experience work for my benefit in the future.

HS!

Edited by noordenzuid (11/22/07 01:50 AM)

-Albert Camus

#285081 - 11/22/07 11:46 AM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: Noordenzuid]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Congratulations!

I'm curious. Why did the question pertain to helping someone with a different cultural background? Sounds like some liberal PC bullshit question.

#285207 - 11/22/07 10:23 PM Re: Saved a Life! [Re: HellofallHells]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Thank you.

The question pertained to helping someone with a different cultural background because recruitment looked for these attributes in their applicants as they see it being an important factor in the organisation's values.

Sounds like a bullshit question but is quite appropriate when you look at it from an applicant's point of view.

-Albert Camus

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12200 Members
73 Forums
43984 Topics
406068 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements