Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#245406 - 05/26/07 01:49 PM Sometimes....
man_mind Offline
Banned

As of late, I seem to be having a hard time doing my own thing.

To explain. I mean to say I can do my thing just fine, but I appear to be getting aggressively angry, more and more, with by standards informing me on how to do things.

A few examples to begin:

I'm walking my new pit bulls, three of them total, two are mine, Zoe, and Havoc. The third is Dozzer.

At any rate, I was stopped by a tweeker (For those who do not know, that means low life piece of shit which should not have its own opinion) who informs me that my "dogs" should walk behind me, and that I should not let them walk in front, that I'm giving them too much respect.

From a Satanic point of view: I'm not even going to go into it, we all know where we stand on "Family", just mere "Dogs" or otherwise. To stay simple, one dog would and will help me in times of need over 50 humans any day.

I blow it off this time, and move on. But it persists daily.

I set down my cola can, to adjust the leashes (Later that same day) because I'm walking two pits, and if you know pits, you know they LOVE to try and trip you, because they are just so damn playful.

A guy stops his vehicle in the middle of the road to inform me that I need to pick that up, because it can be recycled.

Strike two. At this point, I'm ready to shove a brick in someones face.

This sort of irritation on continued for a couple of weeks now, where total strangers are approaching me, and giving me advice, or telling me how things are done etc.

How do others here go about not getting aggravated?

The only thing thusfar that makes me feel a little better, is to give these people a little lip service, and explaining in some depth, where they can go, and how.

Any advice or experiences of like kind, please, would be very appreciated.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#245412 - 05/26/07 02:27 PM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: man_mind]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
The world is full of strange and annoying people. Why bother giving them power over you?

It's not so much the bullshit you have to deal with on a daily basis but rather how you deal with it that matters.

Anecdote:

In December of 1999, I was hosing the leaves off the sidewalk in front of my house. I didn't want to people to slip and fall on the leaves from the plum tree. Then, a hippie from a few doors up tells me that I shouldn't be using water like that because when Y2K happened, we wouldn't be able to get water anymore because the water company's control system was going to fail due to the "Y2K Bug". I asked him if he used computers, which he did not. He knew a guy who used a Mac before. I asked him if he knew what operating system most utility control systems were using; he didn't.

Then, I asked him, "if the computers that control the water delivery system stop working, don't you think I should use as much as I can NOW because I won't have access to it later?"

It totally blew his stoned out mind! The poor bastard didn't know what to do.

The next time someone tells you you should recycle, ask them how they feel about buying products made in China.

Edited by RandomStranger (05/26/07 02:43 PM)

#245418 - 05/26/07 03:00 PM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: man_mind]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
A quick wit and sharp tongue can often go a long way in helping to release steam when these little aggravations start getting to you.

The "tweeker" could've easily been told that there's no such thing as giving another living creature too much respect, unless one accounts for pissants who don't know how to mind their own business.

As for the recycling guru, just let him know that if he's so concerned about it, he can recycle the damn thing himself.

If they persist in their harassment, just ask them what part of "Fuck off!" they fail to comprehend, then turn away and go about your business.

Edited by Virus9 (05/26/07 03:01 PM)

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#245421 - 05/26/07 03:16 PM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: man_mind]
evildork Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
 Originally Posted By: man_mind

A guy stops his vehicle in the middle of the road to inform me that I need to pick that up, because it can be recycled.

Should have dropped the leash to pick up the can, and whispered that special command to the doggies to go play.

...And then call them off before they do any damage, of course. You know, just so he'd regret opening his mouth. Then play stupid. I'm sure you realize how much piss pit bulls can scare out of people. I know the look on his face would have turned my day around right quick.

Simple pleasures... try to find how to extract some joy from lifes special little moments. After awhile you'll get good at it, and even when you fail to find any humor, having looked for it will keep you from stressing out.

#245450 - 05/26/07 08:50 PM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: evildork]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Play with their head, that's what I do on such rare occasions. But usually people don't talk to me on the street, ever, unless it is to get me to sign a damn petition. That is the instance I will ask them a long boring string of only seemingly relevant questions. After I'm sure I've wasted a good deal of their time, I just run, without offering any explanation for my behaviour. Life is what you make it.

#245475 - 05/27/07 12:22 AM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: RandomStranger]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I took the whole day to myself this day, getting mellowed out and excited about my upcoming birthday.

I came here now and read the responses, and then felt extremely silly.

Indeed, I allowed others to frustrate me, and I did have all of the opportunity's mentioned, but failed to enjoy my own rebuttal's and other small lip services.

I had told that tweeker, as I was walking away (about 20 feet away) that if my family were kidnapped, and the only way to get them back was to chose my dogs or every single human in that parking lot to kill, that me and my dogs were going home to eat later.

The can guy, I just lost control over my own emotions. I lost focus.

Thanks for all of the advice. I'll certainly focus more on how I react while I say things. I can say them angry, or say them smiling.

HS!

Edited by man_mind (05/27/07 12:23 AM)

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#245483 - 05/27/07 01:43 AM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: man_mind]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
 Quote:
A quick wit and sharp tongue can often go a long way in helping to release steam when these little aggravations start getting to you.

I agree!

I have fun with these people. Life is short and I am always up for a few laughs.

A fun thing to do is when someone is annoying you, is to just speak in a different language. Act as if you have NO idea what they are saying and continue on as you were. (Sometimes I do sign language). ;\)

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#245505 - 05/27/07 06:30 AM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: Jack_Lantern]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
 Originally Posted By: Jack_Lantern
That is the instance I will ask them a long boring string of only seemingly relevant questions. After I'm sure I've wasted a good deal of their time, I just run, without offering any explanation for my behaviour. Life is what you make it.

Yes, but you've also wasted a lot of your time.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#245520 - 05/27/07 08:42 AM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: man_mind]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
Depends on the advice. The one about the can of cola was stupid, because it was an assumption. As far as the dogs, that was sound advice, not to sound like I'm tweeking. Keep in mind of what is actually sound advice, and at least give thanks for the advice, when it comes to the sound advice. The others I'd just completely ignore.

Now as to why the advice on walking the dogs is sound. It's a pack mentality. You're the Alpha of the pack, as dogs are pack animals. It more on the lines of the dogs holding high respect for their owner, or pack leader. If they roam around up front, the loose this respect. Though it's mostly dog psychology. If you've caught that show The Dog Whisperer, on The National Giographic Channel, you'll see why. ;\)

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#245522 - 05/27/07 08:53 AM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: ShadowDragon]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Bottom line is this:

It was none of the guys business.

Sound advice or no, it appears as if this guy doesn't have a problem with his animals.

I let My dogs walk before Me and they DO KNOW who rules the roost which is, Me.

Considering all the mistakes I have made in My life, I oft times wonder if they (My animals) shouldn't rule the roost. They amaze Me with their instincts and quick senses.

(Yes, Eve loves her doggies).

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#245525 - 05/27/07 09:13 AM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: Evil_Eve]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
I agree, but then again it's something that you tend to encounter regardless, almost anywhere you go. So the question is, why get angry over something that is bound to happen anyways?

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#245572 - 05/27/07 01:57 PM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: ShadowDragon]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
This isn't quite what you're talking about, but you made me think of this. Enjoy:

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2007-04-25/...-everything.php

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#245579 - 05/27/07 03:08 PM What I do.... [Re: man_mind]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Loc: CT
What I normally do is warn them to leave me alone...if they do not I destroy them.

I used to be very fond of just yelling "Tick, Tick, Tick TICK TICK" Then I would pause and then finish with saying "BOOOOOOOOM!"

I also can bark very well...people say it sounds perfectly like a real dog...a large dog. I find barking in a normal man's face after they enter my space is effective most times.

Of course I am a tad asshole-ish when it comes to strangers poking advice.

I also sometimes just sigh and walk on...

Edited by Fagneto (05/27/07 03:10 PM)
Edit Reason: When in Rome.
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#245655 - 05/28/07 01:15 AM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: man_mind]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I used to live in North Carolina, and I rode my bicycle everywhere. One time this lady pulled up next to me in a car, and was motioning towards her head. I tried to ignore her, finally I looked at her, and she says "put on a helmet!", I said point blank, "you just minnd your own fucking business!". I chose not to wear a helmet, it wasn't the law to wear a helmet, and yes I do understand accidents do happen, but I was 25 years old at the time and let me tell you, I had never worn a helmet in all that time, and had no problems-I am starting to rant and getting off the point. She went back to her business quickly after I replied to her. What business is it of hers to tell me to wear a helmet, I wasn't her child or a child at all for that matter. Was she just an altruistic concerned citizen-ha!, hardly. Other times though, like Dr. LaVey said "learn to play stupid if it serves you best", sometimes I have found that just pretend you don't hear them or don't understand them. For instance-"you know that can can be recycled"-starting out with a "huh?". If the simpleton persists-change the subject to something totally different-"oh no, they love walking on days like this!", assuming they stick around for all of this, if you keep giving them irrellevant responses then it will be them that are aggravated. When I was in high school people used to like to tell me how to dress, I told them unless they were going to buy me new clothes then I will wear whatever I want! How does that fit in? I don't know.

#245664 - 05/28/07 03:45 AM Re: Sometimes.... [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Time spent entertaining myself is never wasted time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
11890 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements