Topic Options
#24625 - 02/05/04 07:39 AM [silliness] Meet & Greet -- IN HELL!!!
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
There is a date set for the Fourth Annual Trip To Hell(, Michigan)!

What is this you're talking about?
This is the fourth annual unofficial "Goth Day" in Hell, Michigan. The town even has an official website: Hell2U.com

Why should I go?
Because it's wacky-good fun, that's why!
Hell doesn't really have much to offer, but there is an ice-cream parlour, a Halloween/souvieneer shoppe, a diner called The Dam Site Inn and... OK, a dam and a post office that will postmark your letters as being from Hell. That's it. That's Hell. It's nowhere near as cool as the heavy metal album covers promised it would be, but Manowar was eventually going to steer you wrong at some point.

OK, so when is this again?
March 27th, 2004.
We usually meet up at the ice cream parlour between 2pm and 3pm and usually hang out until four or five and after that, a bunch of us head to Ann Arbor for one of my friend Ben's parties (if there is one).

Who all's going to be there?
Usually I just formally invite Goths and Satanists in the state of Michigan for an informal meet-and-greet, but a bunch of gamer geeks have been known to show up just for the novelty. It's technically billed as "Goth Day", but seeing as most of the Michigan Goth scene have a collective stick up their arses, we invite the Goth and the Goth-friendly.

OK. Sounds cool. How do I get there?
http://www.mapquest.com
http://www.mapblast.com
http://maps.yahoo.com
:: whoosh! ::
Knock yourself out, you lazy s.o.b.

ALSO!! IMPORTANT NOTE!!
This year, a photographer for Spooky magazine (OK, it's me), a print magazine soon to make an international debut, will be taking photos to accompany an article about the town and about "Goth Day In Hell." If you would like to come but would prefer to avoid having your photos published in the magazine, don't worry, I will be taking signed releases from people who do want to be in the magazine.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#24626 - 02/05/04 08:03 AM Re: [silliness] Meet & Greet -- IN HELL!!! [Re: YoungSoulRebel]
RobertE Offline

Loc: Michigan
Quote:

OK, so when is this again?
March 27th, 2004.
We usually meet up at the ice cream parlour between 2pm and 3pm and usually hang out until four or five and after that, a bunch of us head to Ann Arbor for one of my friend Ben's parties (if there is one).

Since I'll most likely be working that day, this part interests me the most. Where abouts would this party be located in A2?
There is no Hank. You are Karl. Make your own list as you see fit. Eat as many wieners as you want, any way you want, even with a large group of consenting individuals if you want! Take pride in your wiener-eating. Make up large, elaborate ceremonies revolving around the kissing of your own ass, having them photographed and videotaped by the media if possible.

#24627 - 02/05/04 11:30 AM Re: [silliness] Meet & Greet -- IN HELL!!! [Re: YoungSoulRebel]
Mistress Noel Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Where streams of silver flow a...
~Rozzlyn~

Sounds like a blast! I wish I were closer because I would definitely make an appearance. So I will be sure to check out the magazine.

Hope you have a great time! Take lots of good pics!

#24628 - 02/05/04 04:35 PM Re: [silliness] Meet & Greet -- IN HELL!!! [Re: YoungSoulRebel]
Knocko Offline

Loc: Michigan - Troll Country
I'm going this time! No commitments, I'll find a watcher for the boy and be on my way. Be a nice chance to wear my lineman boots again. Damn, those things are comfy.
"When the long winter nights come on and the wolves follow their meat into the lower valleys, he may be seen running at the head of the pack through the pale moonlight or glimmering borealis, leaping gigantic above his fellows, his great throat a-bellow as he sings a song of the younger world, which is the song of the pack. "Old longings nomadic leap, Chafing at custom's chain: Again from its brumal sleep Wakens the ferine strain."" -Jack London, The Call of the Wild

#24629 - 02/05/04 11:16 PM Re: [silliness] Meet & Greet -- IN HELL!!! [Re: RobertE]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

...also note that I said "(if there is one)" meaning if there is one, I don't know about it yet.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#24630 - 02/19/04 04:16 AM Re: [silliness] Meet & Greet -- IN HELL!!! [Re: YoungSoulRebel]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Just a reminder -- it's a little more than a month away!]

- Abbie Hoffman

- Charles M Schulz

- Zack de la Rocha

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements