Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#243875 - 05/19/07 03:45 AM Kittens!
ModernTantalus Offline

Wow... It's been a long night. I found an adolescent cat outside my house a couple of weeks ago and, wouldn't ya know it, she was pregnant. So I took the poor tick infested thing inside, named it Bast, and spent a small fortune in vet bills. All for the best I suppose since she's good and healthy now, although a bit tuckered out at the moment. She just gave birth to 5 lovely kittens, although things didn't quite go according to plan. The first one she gave birth to was a bit of a runt so she left it to the side to die. I wasn't cool with that, so I took it, warmed it up, and put it back by her side. Then she gave birth to the black cat and it seems like she just ran out of steam after that. She didn't clean up the other 3, so I decided to play mom-cat and tied off the umbilical cords and cut them. That ranks as one of the most disgusting things I've ever done. Cat placentas. Ewwwwwwwww... Anyway, they're all breathing now and nestled up to her in new clean bedding and I'm pretty wore out from the experience. I'm still not sure how this will turn out, but at least none of them are crying now so I take that as a good sign. That little runt I helped first is definately gonna get spoiled. I've always felt a special kindred with cats and wanted to share the news of my little bundles of joy with everyone. I'm off to recover. Goodnight!

#243876 - 05/19/07 04:01 AM Re: Kittens! [Re: ModernTantalus]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
That is a very heart warming story. Good luck with those little bundles of joy. \:\)

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#243878 - 05/19/07 04:20 AM Re: Kittens! [Re: ModernTantalus]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
You have done a wonderful thing.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#243882 - 05/19/07 05:29 AM Re: Kittens! [Re: ModernTantalus]
disinformation Offline

Loc: No longer in Los Angeles, CA
Aww, babe! I am so impressed with your kitty-parenting skills. That really makes a future with you look more promising. Remember, "best with best" ;\)

I love you and congratulations, pa <3. Those kitties couldn't have found a better home. And soon they'll be fighting me for your attention :P

#243900 - 05/19/07 10:05 AM Re: Kittens! [Re: ModernTantalus]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Lovely story

You are a real cat mom hehe ;\)

#243904 - 05/19/07 10:54 AM Re: Kittens! [Re: ModernTantalus]
Malakuma Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
How sweet! They are a lucky family to have you caring for them. Good luck with them all. Will we be seeing pictures?

#243915 - 05/19/07 11:39 AM Re: Kittens! [Re: ModernTantalus]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
No fair! I'm trying to act all manly and stuff, and you talk about kittens, and force me to say...Aww...I want one.

Do yourself a favor. Keep one of them. As the years go by, it will mean a lot to you that you will have known him/her all it's life. Congratulations!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#244002 - 05/19/07 09:03 PM Re: Kittens! [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
"Cat Placenta" sounds like a good name for a rock band.

Anyway, kudos to you for taking in the cat and takng care of her, not to mention her kittens.

#244018 - 05/19/07 11:08 PM Re: Kittens! [Re: Maya]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
 Quote:
"Cat Placenta" sounds like a good name for a rock band

Even though I do agree....

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#244085 - 05/20/07 01:32 PM Re: Kittens! [Re: Malakuma]
ModernTantalus Offline

I'll be posting pictures as soon as I can get some.

#244093 - 05/20/07 03:40 PM Re: Kittens! [Re: ModernTantalus]
Elend Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Netherlands
Interesting.
Why did you feel obliged to intervene with natural selection on the first birth?

#244097 - 05/20/07 04:41 PM Re: Kittens! [Re: Elend]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
 Originally Posted By: Elend
Interesting.
Why did you feel obliged to intervene with natural selection on the first birth?

Because he is a God.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#244152 - 05/20/07 10:45 PM Re: Kittens! [Re: Minus]
ModernTantalus Offline

Indeed, and unlike some Gods, I'm actually benevolent to my worshippers. :-P Besides, there's nothing natural about the common housecat and if it weren't for humans messing around in the breeding of felis libyans (I know it should be italicized, but having figured it out yet) they wouldn't exist at all.

#244299 - 05/21/07 08:52 PM Re: Kittens! [Re: ModernTantalus]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
That is just a sweet thing to do. The fun really starts when those little balls of fur start climbing around on their own. Believe me, I know where of I speak! You will feel like you have an entire room full of two year olds that don't give a salt lick about your living enviroment. (but the entertainment value is quite high in return.) Ha!

Need any advice on how to contain five little bundles of energy just let me know. \:o

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#244325 - 05/21/07 11:57 PM Re: Kittens! [Re: ModernTantalus]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
I feel the same way about having to help out with the birthing of them little buggers. When I lived with my Mother and Step-Father I helped them out quite a bit. They breed those Polydactyl cats (Wiki link below for those curious) and we had some nights like that. It made it all worth it to see them running around when they get stronger. They just had 3 more litters 2 weeks ago of 13 of them! Now all that needs to be done is for someone to find a way to breed small cats like they do with dogs. What a money-maker! Who doesnt like kittens?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyl_cats

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12098 Members
73 Forums
43863 Topics
405469 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements