Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#247006 - 06/05/07 10:02 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Evil_Eve]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
If one is *polite* about it (at least until he is sure that the other side wouldn't mind getting dirty about it ;)) so there really isn't anything stopping one from using this message board.
But it would be much easier to hook up if there was a special site that would specify who is looking for what.

Of course you can never know who you are dealing with.. even on a message board for Satanist.
But it sure does increase the possibility that you might find a Satanist in a Site for Satanists. Right?

Quote:
There are legal things and this and that and if someone ends up missing with a severed head well....who will get blamed? THE CoS is who.

I highly doubt that could be possible if the service would come with a clear "at-your-own-risk" condition.
Even if they were to blame the CoS, there wouldn't be any legal backing to it.

Quote:
never meet someone from online without someone else there with you.

I always think that the ones who are foolish enough to do that, are the ones who deserved whatever happened to them (unless they were children, of course… then it's the stupid parents' fault).

BTW- was this meant for me? Or did you thread it to me by accident? (because I can't see the connection between my post and your reply..)

#247007 - 06/05/07 10:02 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Hauss]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I detest clubs with a passion.

And yes, I am a grumpy person. ;\)

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#247013 - 06/05/07 10:11 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: The_Lightning]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
No connection.

Quote:
Even if they were to blame the CoS, there wouldn't be any legal backing to it.

The CoS certainly doesn't need ANY bad publicity. Satanist are already thought of as Devil worshipping baby killers who pull dogs tails and the wings off of butterflies.

Dicipline: Will you be in My club. \:\(

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#247015 - 06/05/07 10:16 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Evil_Eve]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Do you play annoying hip-hop in that club? Please say no.

But yes, I would love to be in your club as long as I get to wear my cool leather jacket.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#247016 - 06/05/07 10:17 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Discipline]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Hee hee! A HOOK UP!

No hip hop here.

Wear the jacket please! ;\)

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#247020 - 06/05/07 10:39 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Evil_Eve]
Shiva Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
I'll agree that The Hunt can be fun, but it can also be a pain in the arse when you know what you want and don't want to spend forever and a day looking for it when you have other things to do! \:\)

One thing I like about personals is that there's no guesswork as to what people are there for. You state exactly what you are looking for, be it friends, one-nighters, possible relations, whatever... and toss your line out with absolutely no obligation to reel in every fish that nibbles at the bait.

Personals are just another tool to help narrow down your playing field. Have a few chats online, pick a nice public place for a first date, and see what happens. I think the risk factor is about the same as going to a bar looking to get laid.

"The ugliest of trades have their moments of pleasure. Now, if I were a grave-digger, or even a hangman, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment." - Douglas Jerrold

#247039 - 06/05/07 01:38 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: The_Lightning]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
 Quote:
I did meet a few Satanists online that I would have loved to get in bed with… if they weren't on the other side of the world*, I probably would have.

I'm going to pretend you are talking about me.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#247047 - 06/05/07 02:25 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.

It's probably not a great idea for Satanists.

Or at least to be advertising as such publicly. "Getting laid" is easy enough. But 'dating' websites can be good places to meet people of similar interest.

Quote:
One thing I like about personals is that there's no guesswork as to what people are there for. You state exactly what you are looking for, be it friends, one-nighters, possible relations, whatever... and toss your line out with absolutely no obligation to reel in every fish that nibbles at the bait.

Yes. I got sick of the bar and nightclub 'scene' a while ago. It makes it easier to filter out the unattractive headcases.

Edited by Felstorm (06/05/07 02:26 PM)

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#247051 - 06/05/07 02:34 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Felstorm]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

But that's just it! You don't KNOW that the person who put out that information is TRULY seeking out that type of person.

They could be a serial killer just 'fishing' so to speak.

I have found that people are usually NOT who they say they are online NOR do they truly tell you their intent when wanting to meet you.

Remember as a general rule that people are at their MOST deceptive when first meeting another person. They will tell you what you want to know even if it is NOT the truth.

I learned My lesson. It is a hard lesson.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#247054 - 06/05/07 02:40 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Evil_Eve]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
 Quote:
I have found that people are usually NOT who they say they are online...

I agree but I think sometimes this has to do with the expectations of the other party. I have talked to people online and, when I met them in person, I expected something else. Not a fault of theirs; just an unfair expectation by me.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#247056 - 06/05/07 02:43 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Evil_Eve]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Yes, that hook up was fairly easy wasn't it?

#247059 - 06/05/07 02:54 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Discipline]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Sure enough dear soldier/intellect, friend. \:\) ;\)

(Eve smiles).

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#247066 - 06/05/07 03:10 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Evil_Eve]
Shiva Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
 Originally Posted By: Evil_Eve

But that's just it! You don't KNOW that the person who put out that information is TRULY seeking out that type of person.

They could be a serial killer just 'fishing' so to speak.

I have found that people are usually NOT who they say they are online NOR do they truly tell you their intent when wanting to meet you.

I've found the same to hold true with blokes you just meet in a bar, a library, wherever...

Believe me, I've dated a few complete psychopaths who were just the most charming creatures during the first week or so that I was in their acquaintance. It's been my experience that people tend to be on their best behaviour for the first couple of dates and try to impress the Hell out of you - be it online or in person.

The best you can really do is meet your date a few times in a nice well-lit, public place with lots of people around. (or better yet, double-date with a friend!) And then trust your gut instincts before taking it any further after that. If something doesn't feel right, don't take it any further!

"The ugliest of trades have their moments of pleasure. Now, if I were a grave-digger, or even a hangman, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment." - Douglas Jerrold

#247068 - 06/05/07 03:12 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Shiva]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Sound advice from a sound Reverend.

Thank you Miss Shiva.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#247075 - 06/05/07 03:40 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Minus]