Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#247127 - 06/05/07 07:10 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I'd be content to know which Satanists on LttD are single and which are not. Beyond that, I don't need personals. I mistrust personal ads.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#247158 - 06/05/07 10:45 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: reprobate]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

I'd guess it's a matter that often writing can reveal much about the true nature of the writer, even when it's fiction, and so reading another's work gradually over time allows you to get to know that person at least as much as you would on a first date. Effectively, it can be a filter.

(Though like you said, that's not the agenda, just something that happens naturally though the happenings of that board.)

#247227 - 06/06/07 06:26 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
I've seen this question come up from time to time. First, regarding personal ads in general:

I've used them. And I pretty much got the same results as I've gotten from women I met through other means: some were enjoyable and even led to some long-term relationships, some women I couldn't stand, and others just faded away with both parties rather indifferent.

Now, regarding the idea of a Satanic personals:

In theory, I understand the pros. Many of us would like to meet people of like-interests, and with Satanists being such a minority it would seem that we should try a "direct hook-up" of sorts. But I see a few problems:

1) Isn't this what we have things like lesser magic and the Conjuration of Lust for? Again, I've shamelessly used personals, but a Satanic dating service seems a little weird on this point.
2) Would everybody on the list be a Satanist for sure? Who knows if it would include devil worshipers, christians posing as Satanists, etc.
3) Would you have enough people to make it geographically worthwhile? If you don't live near a metropolitan city, chances are you might see only one or two candidates that live within a 100 miles radius of you.
4) You'd still have a lot of the problems that plague classifieds in general: a disproportionate number of men, 90% of the readers of either sex saying "Well I'm not going to post. I'll just read." which gets nobody anywhere, etc.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#247254 - 06/06/07 08:51 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Bill_M]
Shiva Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
 Originally Posted By: Bill_M

3) Would you have enough people to make it geographically worthwhile? If you don't live near a metropolitan city, chances are you might see only one or two candidates that live within a 100 miles radius of you.

Perhaps whoever starts something like this should work out a deal with Travelocity!

"The ugliest of trades have their moments of pleasure. Now, if I were a grave-digger, or even a hangman, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment." - Douglas Jerrold

#247255 - 06/06/07 09:04 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Shiva]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
LOL @ Reverend Shiva!

Thank you for that. (Eve smiles).

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#247257 - 06/06/07 09:06 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
Ultimately there's that barrier called Privacy that most cannot get past, plus going up to someone and asking them 20 questions is just sort of out of the ordinary. If there would ever be such, then security would be high priority, and the like. So an Adult Personals for Satanists sounds like a good Idea, but is a complete waste of space and time.

If you want to meet someone, then merely contact them, and get the business out before the pleasure. Lay out the requirments that must be there for any sort of meeting to take place.

Don't ask anything you feel could be as a way of coaxing personal information from someone. That could be looked at as invasion of Privacy, and keep in mind they may very well be able to decide not to answer.

It serves far better then an adult personals site, if you're looking for a certain type of person. ;\)

Be respectful and try to get to know the individual first, so as to not offend anyone.

Edited by CravenDesmont (06/06/07 09:11 AM)
Edit Reason: Forgot an important detail.

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#247267 - 06/06/07 09:57 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Maqlu]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Yep, I reckon that's exactly it.

On a singles site, you see people present themselves the way they think they need to, to attract the kind of person they think they want.

On a site where other things are going on, you see them present themselves in other ways. The more that's going on, the more facets you get to see of them.

Even then it's not perfect. I've met lots of people that I knew first from on-line (sometimes for years), and very often they tell me they always thought I'd be really serious and not the kind of person to laugh a lot. Text-only perceptions can be deceiving.

#247269 - 06/06/07 10:16 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: G X B]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Well since this is a personals thread, I'm going to take a little advantage.

What's up! Single black Satanic male looking for a single white Satanic female. Not because there aren't any Satanic black females, I just have jungle fever.

These are the requirements:

- must have a big butt. A brotha can't get enough of that ass.
- must shake it fast, watch yourself and show me what you're working with.
- must know how to cook the following foods:

fried chicken
collard greens
macaroni and cheese
yams
bbq ribs and hot links

- must be willing to walk around Compton, Watts and South Central.
- must be willing to go to the liquor store.
- no cuddling after sex. You must get your stank, sweaty ass off of me, walk to the kitchen and make me a sandmich.
- must hustle on the corner.
- must listen to gangsta rap.
- must know how to play dominoes and roll dice.

If you meet any of these requirements, please email me at:
satanicgangstapimp@dmail.com

Come on baby. Let's do this!

HS!

#247276 - 06/06/07 11:04 AM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Callier]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
If I was a big-bootied female, how would I be able to resist?

One thing to specify, make sure that it's only the butt that is big, and not the rest to match! \:D

Edited by Adequate (06/06/07 11:05 AM)

#247318 - 06/06/07 03:16 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Virus9]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
There's nothing like walking up to someone, fondling their jewelry, and asking, "So, are you a Satanist, or do you just wear this to piss off your parents?"

Not only did that statement make me crack up, it also demonstrates the point of my creating this thread. \:D

Replace "In God We Trust" with "Responsibility to the Responsible."

"Knowledge is long, and life is short, and he who does not know, does not live." -Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

MySpace | The Third Side Conservative | Undercroft

#247322 - 06/06/07 03:18 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Evil_Eve]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
HOWEVER, sometimes the hunt is half the fun.

This is a matter of opinion. Although I'm not in need of "personals" services, I wouldn't hesitate to use them for the fact that I despise having to "hunt" among the muggles ;\)

"Knowledge is long, and life is short, and he who does not know, does not live." -Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

#247323 - 06/06/07 03:21 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Zaftig]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
And now that I think about it, I'm positive that several people on this board have already hooked up. So what's stopping anybody from PMing someone they think is of interest?

I'm sure many people have met through this site, but it isn't the site's purpose. Not to mention, a personals site would refine the search on those types you may be interested in.

Like a flesh filled menu.

#247324 - 06/06/07 03:22 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Evil_Eve]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
There are legal things and this and that and if someone ends up missing with a severed head well....who will get blamed? THE CoS is who.

That's what disclaimers are for.

#247326 - 06/06/07 03:29 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Shiva]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

I suppose I should have read all the replies before posting in reply to each one. The redundancy wasn't necessary.
Oh well.
I don't post often. \:\/

#247330 - 06/06/07 03:36 PM Re: Personals for Satanists [Re: Bill_M]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Good, and fair points, Bill.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12163 Members
73 Forums
43922 Topics
405747 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements